Listening to Art Angels

The other 2 were decent, so I'm expecting this to be decent.

Here we go again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhNda16zKrk&list=RDlhNda16zKrk#t=0
genius.com/Drake-more-life-tracklist-cover-art-lyrics
thefader.com/2015/07/28/grimes-cover-story-interview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's her bottomless pit

make sure its the digital version, the CD version of Art Angels is low quality.

yeah, it's bad

This intro song is actually pretty fanta-
>Vocals start
God damn it....

Once you're done with Grimes will you go through all the Death Grips albums?

gets better after SCREAM, but SCREAM is such a disaster of a song holy shit

the video version of California is different

scream is one of the best songs on this album

Thanks for the warning, put on the right version, actually prefer it a lot to the video version.

Seems like Grimes vocals have improved so that's good at least.

Lol. OP, fwiw early reports were that the mp3 digital download version distributed by places like Amazon was extremely poorly encoded.

Google Play, not Amazon.

get the google play one. or listen to the Art Angel tracks uploaded by "Clapham Junction."

maybe thats why copy sounds like shit
im gonna redownload

California was good...

This however...this is one of the worst fucking things I've heard in my life.

here

youtube.com/watch?v=lhNda16zKrk&list=RDlhNda16zKrk#t=0

it sucks that there are different qualities of Art Angels, it's a headache to find the right ones.

the Google Play version is high quality too.

I can't vouch for Amazon's version, didn't listen to that one personally.

any idea if the itunes version is good?

yeah there's definitely shit, low quality version of Art Angels. the bad version will NOT induce euphoria.

listen to or listen to the Google Play one.

wrong version, listen to the ones uploaded by

i have no idea, i haven't heard it personally... just listen to the youtube one if you wanna be safe.

i literally listened it to for a week straight non stop, mostly on a few songs before finally giving other songs a chance.

user, for the accuracy's sake, listen to a quality source, not Youtube. No music videos, no fan videos, just her album as it is.

ok good i downloaded the itunes one and this is much better
i've already listened to the album a good bit with the shitty version lol

You just don't get it. Most people don't get it.

yeah but there's a shit version of it, someone fucked up really bad.

shit version = cd version of Art Angels, and others. its floating out there.

Flesh Without Blood is actually really good.

I'm using the topic channels that's what I always use for these kinds of threads.

GREAT!!!!! ENJOY IT!!! wow im happy.

he probably heard the "shit" version, there is a shit version. someone fucked up when they compressed Art Angels and released the compressed versions.

Get over it. The CD version is good enough, you're just too pretentious. Don't mess with the OP's listening session. Anything is better than a playlist of music videos, fan videos and random stuff.

oh hell yea, its so good. remember - clapham junction is the uploader for the higher quality Art Angel tracks, once you're done with videos.

fuck off, you're probably the one who released the fucked up version, eh? a little sabotage.

we paid for the album, we're gonna listen to the best quality of said album.

>I'm using the topic channels that's what I always use for these kinds of threads.
That's a bad thing to do. Why don't you bother to at least get these albums from Soulseek or something? It takes a few seconds, ffs. You spoiled the album by listening to it on a random playlist on Youtube. One of the best albums of the decade deserved better "treatment".

>soulseek

fuck off, you're trying to promote the shit compressed version.

It's not really 'spoiled' so far. In fact I dare say this is definitely the best grimes album I've listened to.

Even the vocals improved, and the only bad track (so far) was Scream.

Kill V Maim I'm mixed on since it sounds like a Britney Spears song.

Did she get a vocal coach? Her vocal performances on the album are a lot better than the other 2 grimes albums I've listened to.

Dude, you're obsessed. Seek help.

that's what im saying... wait until you get to "Art Angels" chorus.

don't pay attention to that guy, he's trying to promote the shit compressed version of Art Angels and sabotage Grimes.

but more importantly, he's trying to screw you out of the full experience that is Art Angels.

remember the good versions are:

Google Play
Itunes
Uploaded by Clapham Junction on Youtube.

the shit versions are:

the CD version
the Amazon mp3 download version.

no you're a fucking asshole, you're the trollfag too. you're trying to sabotage her.

you're probably her ex bf.

>Kill V Maim I'm mixed on since it sounds like a Britney Spears song.
Except that B.S. would never make something like this. Tbch I never heard something like KVM. It's really awesome.

Realiti is another big one. Perfect melody.

>don't pay attention to that guy, he's trying to promote the shit compressed version of Art Angels and sabotage Grimes.
Lmao! The most ridiculous thing I read this month.

hell yeah, you are experiencing it.

now i don't seem so crazy in my obsession with Grimes and Art Angels.

watch out for the ex boyfriend trollfag, Art Angels sabotage fag he's trying to ruin Grimes by promoting the shit compressed version of Art Angels he probably released, and trolling her fans because he doesn't want her to get big because he wants her to come back to him because hes not over her.

i'm 100% right though, that's whats fucked up. you've met your un-doer.

you're her ex-boyfriend.

MORE LIFE, THE PLAYLIST
COMING SOON

ALREADY SOLD 1 MILLION FIRST WEEK WITHOUT EVEN COMING OUT
ALBUM OF THE CENTURY

MORE LIFE, MORE TUNES
SO SOON

>when you fucking panic, post some complete random bullshit.

Art Angels was pretty good, Easily was more forgettable.

Pin is starting now.

pin is excellent, so is butterfly.

Pin was pretty weak, Realiti's starting off very well.

Reality is pretty good, World Princess 2 is leaning towards being a highlight of the album.

Almost over with it. Track with Janelle was weak, Vivid Dream was fantastic, Buttefly is great.

Overall a great album. Favorite track was Vivid Dream. 8/10. Big improvement.

I listened to realiti, art angels, and flesh without blood for a week straight.

>Track with Janelle was weak
it's insane live

Any Grimes fans want Bjork album recs? Cause I can give you some if you want.

(Even though I don't personally get the comparisons musically)

I'm going to bed. I got hyperballad from the other thread and I'll just listen around. And black lake, it helped me understand bjork better.

They're both powerful singers, and they're both women.

If I'm being completely honest, Grimes strenghts are more in drum programming than they are in vocals.

I like her vocals a lot. And everything else too.

vespertine best bjork

K

one of my favorite albums is a joke on Sup Forums, what's new?

What you gotta understand about SCREAM is that Grimes has said over & over again that she wanted a track where she could just play producer for another artist. It truly is that Asian rapper Aristophanes feat. Grimes production, not the other way around as Grimes feat. rapper artist

Easily is so intriguingly sexy though, especially with that "Easily / I'm the sweetest damn thing / You ever saw..." hook. And it has a nice knock

Your favorite was Vivid Dream interlude but you hated the intro interlude? What?

And importantly, Grimes has also admitted that her first few albums were literally her, in her room, recording entirely by herself. So looking back on that now, it's impressive really.

This new album is leagues better because she truly leveled up by grinding on her own. Now she has earned her spot and gets to work with a solid team to help her see her musical ideas through. It's wonderful to watch!

you're the worst thing that ever happened to me

user, Sup Forums itself is a joke. If anything, something being considered a joke by a sizable portion of people here (sizable portion - not all) is a pretty good indication that the thing in question truly isn't.

>Easily is so intriguingly sexy though, especially with that "Easily / I'm the sweetest damn thing / You ever saw..."
If you wanna know better what "Easily" is about, go read Pushkin:
>Another song—a “diss track about male producers” [READER'S NOTE: Grimes has since publicly denounced the preceding statement as an example of shoddy clickbait journalism (see pic related.)] that layers helium-filled vocals over dense, tumbling breakbeats—draws inspiration from the final scene of Alexander Pushkin’s lyric poem Eugene Onegin. “It’s about a guy who acts like he knows everything and then comes back crawling on his knees, which has happened to me so many times,” says Boucher.
thefader.com/2015/07/28/grimes-cover-story-interview

sure is when ""they"" can't shut up about grimes

haha why is she making satirical statements about people who demanded her to fuck them??

I never said I hated the intro interlude, I just said it would have been better without the vocals.

Terribly sorry, user, but I'm afraid to say that I am completely unfamiliar with your version of satire.

you're cute

Holy shit, Eugene Onegin is one of the 3 operas I've ever heard, for a super shit introductory class back in my Freshman year of college 5 years ago. That's a gnarly little connection, thanks user!

Well still, tho. The interludes, man?

you're a very selfish fucking person