Band shirts:

Band shirts:
profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Why pay more money for a cuck stamp on your tshirt?

Really don't get people who buy this shit.

well I used to think that shirt might have been cool
never mind

they're fine if you can incorporate them into your wardrobe in a "this is just a normal t-shirt to me" kinda way

they get bad if you make them the point of your outfit; when you do that you make yourself into a billboard

the best rule of thumb for me is go ahead and by band shirts, but as soon as you buy them pretend that they're plain t-shirts and wear them the way you'd wear plain t-shirts

anytime you make words on a t-shirt the point of your outfit, you're gonna look silly, is what I'm saying, whether the words are "SWANS" or "the voices in my head are telling me to kill you, jackass"

None, just a fucking t-shirt.

that photo is from like 2004

so why pay extra money for this clothing then?

I like musician.

I want to support musician.

I buy t-shirt.

I wear t-shirt (not hard to integrate since they are usually black and that really goes with a lot of things)

That being said I don't buy t-shirts much anymore these days since I only really wear shirts everywhere, and my gym t-shirts are more like...jerseys?

to support the band
to meet potential friends
cuz they're cool

good question

maybe don't? maybe do but pretend like you didn't? maybe there's something about a well-worn band shirt? idunno

I'm just saying you can pull it off if you pretend it's a plain t-shirt and don't make it the point of what you're wearing; I'm not saying it's a smart investment.

Couldn't just let this die could you?

Porque no los dos?

neither. it's just a shirt you wear because you like a band

I yelled at a girl and made her cry for not knowing which Led Zeppelin album cover was on her shirt. My dick was hard as fuck.

>to support the band

makes sense.

Swan Song isn't an album tho

It was the Led Zeppelin III album art

you autistic retard

*¿Por qué
You piss of shit.

My dick was not hard for a nude Icarus

>being this fucking autistic

I had forgotten about it for months, until it struck me at 4 AM while watching all RLM videos for the 5th time

I recently saw a SWANS shirt at a Sufjan Stevens show. I know it was one of you fuckers, and whoever you are fuck you.

ok well she deserved it then

carry on

wait

was she your love? was she your queen?

great show though, right?

did you cry?

I almost cried but I'm too self-aware. Live "Eugene" is so raw tho.

Basic white logo on a black shirt and I'll buy it

Otherwise no

Fine if you're still in middle school.

I just steal them so it doesn't matter

The girl I love, she got long black wavy hair.

I do declare

Neither

so you basically user became a normie

Actually, it's just a neat way to meet new people with common interests.
I know, it sounds crazy right?

>you always meet the best people on a Friday night wearing an Appetite for Destruction tshirt

Nigga please

I like band shirts, since the designs look nice. I own two

I once saw some greasy looking guy wearing that swans shirt and a kilt in the city

I wish I was lying it was so fucking bizarre

>wearing a GnR shirt
that's your fucking fault user

maybe it's insecurity, maybe you're the insecure one. why don't you talk to them and find out user :)

>tfw own an entire wardrobe of subtle bandshirts
I would only keep like 5 if I could afford new clothes

>be Devendra Banhart
>Work hard on own music for years
>Meet Michael Gira and befriend him
>After years of work, Gira signs you to his label, Young God
>Want to show your appreciation both for Gira's music and the opportunity he gave you to obtain more exposure worldwide
>Wear a Swans shirt
>Someone posts a pic of you on a shitty music imageboard one day
>Forever get meme'd as a clueless hipster

>to meet potential friends

This is a big one. It's like a billboard that says "here's something we could talk about."

Keep up the good work, soldier

depends
does it look good on you?

Buying merch and going to shows are the main way to support an artist these days, as album sales doesn't mean shit, and most bands label deals leave them with a pretty minimal amount of profit from album sales.

um don't bully devendra pls he's actually really cool

>You piss of shit.

Haha, pendejito.

>wearing an Appetite for Destruction
what did you fucking expect you dumb cunt

This.

lol yeah r-

You niggas are out of touch and could never score blow. Enjoy your faggy cucumber vodka tonic. You have no idea of wear the fuck in the world where you are.

Kek

this guy gets it

At one point in your life, hopefully by your early 20s, you will realize it doesn't really matter and you'll wear what you like without needing affirmation from a cambodian fishing forum.

I'm egocentric enough to convince myself that the people around me are paying any attention to me at all but also insecure enough to think it's because they don't like my t-shirt. Luckily I can gauge whether or not I should burn my clothing and reinvent myself over the third strange, anxious obsession I've had this year by asking a bunch of asocial compulsive masturbators on the internet what they think of my current pathological fixation.

Both

he's literally just a poor mans spic Sufjan

Imagine being this afraid of what people will think of your clothing.

Id kill anyone in a band shirt with a 44 magnum. I dont discriminate. I want to hurt as many people while doing the most damage. Im a hell of a shot too. Expect me, no one and everyone. Im REALLY looking when other pieces of shit arent.

half my wardrobe are bandshirts. I used to buy them to support the artists, but now I listen to so many bands and artists that I don't really care about what artist is on my shirt as long as the design is good and the name isn't too big.
Also what this guy said basically wear shirts if they look good not for the musician they advertise.

I just put on my Manilla Road shirt and now I am on my way to the archive for research. You literally can't stop me.

who hurt you user. talk to us.

neither

Here's a thought. Wear whatever the fuck you want to wear even if it's Guns n Roses. Be ready to face the consequences. Stop being a fucking self-conscious pussy.

so a girl comes into my bar wearing a Swans shirt. i comment on it and she ignores me and walks off.

makes me wonder, is everyone who's into good music also a sociopath?

She probably gets corny Sup Forumsfags either trying to pick her up or test her knowledge on Swans all the time. Don't take it personally.

Swans are a Top 40 band, mate.

neither, obviously