Sup /b

Sup /b,
I'm about to download steam for the first time. Anyone got any recommendations for games? I appreciate it

Bumping for games.My computer isn't super good but not terrible either.

Thinking Mount & Blade for my first game, that's one of the only ones I've already played

Tf2 free and easily my fav multiplayer game.

Postal 2

Fistful of frags

does that stand for team fortress? I'm noob

Dota 2

steams most played game and made by steam owner volvo

DARK SOULS. fucking cheap and awesome. you gonna need a controller or to configure the keyboard-only controls though (google it)

played this for playstation once and didn't get that into it. Is it as hard as everyone seems to say?

both of these look kind of interesting. Just kind of searching what everyone is mentioning. is everyone super elite at fistful of frags now? Like would I even compete or am I going to get rekt for the first 2 weeks I play?

the first playthrough, sure, but more like challenging. you don't get to make(many) mistakes before dying. But once you get onto it and learn the enemies moves, it's awesome. you die a lot, but it gets into you. Beat two or three bosses before making up your mind. it's like 5 bucks anyway

I recommend buying games on g2a.com

Cool thanks, any other suggestion I know I'm kind of fucked now since I missed the summer sale which is what I always hear my friends talking about but this is the first time I've even had a functioning laptop that wasn't for my job in like 5 years

any suggestions there either?

well play portal 1 and 2, great story and chill but awesome gameplay, and if you like strategy i fucking love xcom:enemy unknown. Also if you want something with good narrative try any of the telltale games (mention for the wolf among us and the walking dead)

Huniepop

Kotor worth the time/money?

if you are into no-gameplay rol, sure, after all star wars is one of the most amazing universer out there...

Dota

care to expand on that at all? Like I said I'm really noob since not having a laptop for half a decade

Deus EX Original . Boarder lands 2 . Fallout 3

Shower With Your Dad Simulator

roll

Harvester

Does it have to be my dad or can I shower with anyone's dad?
and what the fuck are you rolling for? I have nothing to give away m8 I'm making my first steam account and getting ideas

Project Zomboid, Starbound

no it stands for titan fall 2 u fucking pleb

like, when you play a game there are several things to evaluate, some of the most important being gameplay, narrative, level design...things like that (well graphics too I guess). Then in some games, like jrpgs or kotr, gameplay is purelly prescindible, not interesting, and you go in for the narrative. In some cases, like dark souls, or Deus Ex, it's both gameplay and narrative what's interesting... Skyrim is another example of awesome game with boring gameplay, in this case with great universe and sidequests

Brawlhalla, it's a lot like super smash brothers, but a lot of mechanics are changed. It's basically like smash melee on steroids. I actually play it competitively and am in the top 500 of the like 2 million who play it. If you want to add me so I can train you, my steam is SE | BeeMurbs

well what games did u like on console my dude

You have a variety of dads to chose from. (This is an actual game on steam btw) but as far as a serious answer goes, what type of games are you into? Shooters? Management games? RPGs? And are we talking about a laptop or desktop?

Verdun is honestly one of the best immersive fps games

and if your not a history fag then squad

Laptop, but decent specs. Prob couldn't play anything super recent or graphics intensive but can handle a good amount of stuff. On console I play a lot of multiplayer games with my friends. Borderlands has always been a huge favorite.Anything like the old baldur's gate or champions of norath and diablo I've enjoyed. Big fan of the fallout series. Really enjoyed monster hunter on console, never handheld. I've beaten Portal 2 and Portal and those were pretty fun. Coliseum Road to freedom on ps2 was incredible, doubt many will recognize that one from way back.

I got a laptop with an i3, so no gpu
>recommend me cpu biased-free games pls

No Man's Sky

>Gaming
>Laptop
Abandon thread.
Wouldn't be able to properly recommend anything to you, I'm not sure what you could run properly on it. One of my personal favorites that usually can be run even on a potato is L4D and L4D2.

Add me on steam /id/Mikkel95
I feel like shit and i want to talk, might gift you a game.
Also, spore is on sale now so you should get it

OP here... and I thought I was supposed to be the faggot in this thread. please gtfo

No. Get that cancer out of here. Fuck Hello Games and fuck you for giving them money.

Wait till Holiday sales user. Otherwise it will cost you much more than the discounted prices.
Also you can buy keys from bundle sites, allkeyshop; much more cheaper if you don't want to wait.
You can choose games from discovery queue which is not too badly designed algorithm that shows games you might like, and let you add them to your wishlist for buying it later. They e-mail you when the games are discounted. You can also use enchanted steam extension for website, makes things a lot more easier.

Sound advice, I appreciate it. I was considering Kotor 2 because I've heard you can get a lot of good hours out of it and it's only 10 bucks. and I'm not so poor that I couldn't swing a tenner for a game worth 30+ hours

user discovery queue with empty library doesn't seem to be very effective imo

OP here going to make my first steam account now. Bump thread with more games and possible steam profile pics.

Buy keys from G2A. Just make sure it's a global key from a seller wI think a high reputation.

Hurry the fuck up, i might not stick around for too long

Add me once you get set up. CQBgamer

Dark souls guy here, add me too LIAM OF ASTORA

sorry guys I'm installing now.

FTL. Will run fine on you laptop.

taking forever cause there is a prior instance of steam. bump with some shit

You know your shit mate

actually looks better than NMS

You need to have csgo minimum, user

I heard there's some sort of anniversary edition of titanquest

Algorithm shows popular games and than upgrades the user preferences based on collected data if i remember right. Since everyone likes different games, recommending it makes things easier for everyone.
If you are into western rpg, i can overwhelmingly recommend that. Fast and basic mechanics, not complicated skill system. I can also recommend Path of Exile, if you want to get many hours on a single game.
Also, the reason I say "Don't buy while no discount" is, you really curse the screen when you see a game that you buy for 20 bucks, discounted to the 2 bucks. Sometimes Steam is just being a dick.

I fucking suck at that game nobody wants to see me play that

terraria

yeah that's what I hear, I just kind of want something to fuck around with on this thing and everything I've heard about Kotor is that it's definitely worth it at the 10 still

Finally got this shit up and running.

well that's rad, now buy something OP, and tell us about it

yeah, go for mount and blade warband
also, some of my other recommendations are
DOOM
cities skylines
FTL
Borderlands 2
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth
Rocket League