Americunts Taxed on Medals they WON

>money.cnn.com/2016/08/12/news/olympians-gold-medals-taxes-us/index.html

>"America's Olympic medalists must pay state and federal taxes on the prize money they get for winning. The U.S. Olympic Committee awards $25,000 for gold medals, $15,000 for silver and $10,000 for bronze.
That's not all. Olympians also have to pay tax on the value of the medals themselves.

>Gold and silver medals are made mostly of silver, while bronze medals are composed of mostly copper. Rio's medals are among the largest and heaviest ever and contain about 500 grams of either silver or copper.
The value of a gold medal is about $564; silver is worth about $305. Bronze is worth a negligible amount so it's not taxed."

Daily reminder: taxation is theft

Druggie Phelps BTFO

>smoke weed
>druggie

Grandpa pls

DUDE WEED HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

> muh capitalism

nice quads

>take peds
>clean

Tim Montgomery pls

>he doesn't smoke weed

>tfw you deliberately get the bronze because you're poor

I understand their reasoning
Prize money is income so that makes perfect sense
They have the athletes before them to blame for the medals tax. If they didn't sell/scrap their medals it wouldn't exist

Smoking weed in the basement is prohibited by his roommates. AKA Mom and Dad and his aunt

>I can't sell my medal on Pawn Stars without the government stealing my property gained through ego

AM I BEING DETAINED?

the smart athletes get a couple sponsorships to cover the costs

In Lithuania athletes are paid over 100K for winning a gold medal. In the United States athletes are paid 25K per gold. That's where most of the taxes are paid.

The gold medal itself is only worth like 400 or 500 bucks or something like that. So like 30 dollars in taxes.

>income is taxed

WOW

In the end it always works out in favor of athletes. They get a lot of complimentary gifts from Olympic sponsors, like Galaxy S7 phones from Samsung for example.

And even the smallest event American athletes have local business or even church sponsors from their hometown. Everyone else will have a decent sponsorship.

HURR WHY CAN'T I EARN INCOME OVERSEAS AND NOT HAVE TO REPORT IT ON MY TAXES DURRRR

>Gold medals are made of silver

Huh, didn't think I could get Santa Clause'd at this age in my life but there you go.

That's rediculous.
Why isn't the Gold medal Gold?

Fucking Democrats...

making it solid gold would be way too expensive

Because pure gold is too soft you spastic

Based Merchant milking Amerigoys

your mom is too soft

what

>Land of the """"""free"""""

>Land of the tv license

because they can't afford to make gold medals for each of the million swimming events

>land of the get shot

DUDE