How do I get good in swimming? I would classify myself as "average," able to perform various strokes but not ideally...

How do I get good in swimming? I would classify myself as "average," able to perform various strokes but not ideally. Also, I can't breathe underwater for so long.

If you can't breathe underwater, don't even bother

you swim lots

Smoke weed

>I would classify myself as "average"

Nigga being top swimmer is all about genetics.

You need a certain body type to be top, like having a big arm span.

I do have a big arm span. I'm quite tall (6'1"), and I have low BF.

You need to be more fat and you need to have relatively tiny legs.

This. Smoking weed is known to increase lung capacity dramatically and it is easier to push yourself to the limit stoned.

>and it is easier to push yourself to the limit stoned.

you need to put the weed on the end of the pool so the stoner swims faster to get it

do pull-ups
once I got to 15 controlled full-range pull-ups I was amazed by how easy butterfly felt, a strong back helps all strokes.

I've always heard swimming in the early teens will net you a good height overall. Some truth to that?
If i ever have a son, one of the first things i'll do is put him into swimming lessons.

>can't breathe underwater for so long
I dont think you need to be able to breath underwater to swim

kek, you're not supposed to hold your breath. You lift your head and inhale every one or two strokes, then you exhale with your head underwater. If you take swimming lessons it's the first skill you learn.

why do you care about breathing underwater, you need to be comfortable breathing while swimming and work on hand and legs coordination (arms doing one movement and legs another one)

Don't bother it's fucking shit

focus on backstroke
don't breath underwater much during that

Ask a guy who swims anything

Is there an olympic competition where you swim in the sea?

looks like it would fall off if you dive

No too many uncontrollable variables. It's not fair if one player gets hit by a wave, another gets bit by a shark, another accidentally swallows water and gets really thirsty, etc.

You should be doing that anyways with all kids

whos the hottest swimmer in person?

Sounds like bullshit.

This
Its a critical life skill like cooking

the swimming part of the triathlon is usually not done in a pool

Thank you very much.

Isn't the 10k swim open water?

10 km swimming

this really

yeah, imagine doing that in a 25/50 meter. you'd go insane.

Ameriswims cheating and genetically modifying swimmers to be able to breathe underwater