How retarded am i for considering majoring in something music related?

How retarded am i for considering majoring in something music related?

absolutely

the fact that you have to ask means you will never make it

I figured

It's ok user! I'm majoring in music too!

My best advice is to consider double majoring just in case there aren't any music related jobs in your area. My music degree is a 2 year one so I've been considering trying to get culinary as well (also 2 years) for more job opportunities.

Two shit majors better than one

i wish i was friends with you
>culinary
>music
>seems like a kind dude

probably just too trusting
all you'll ever do is commercials and session work if you're one of the lucky ones maybe more if you get a break or something idk

You should follow your dreams and get a degree you're passionate about, but I wouldn't say music related degrees are the most sound of financial decisions.

Become a music teacher! I loved band! [spoiler]saved me from PE and shit. [/spoiler]

honestly the easiest way is to take a guitar and walk down a crossroad in a desert or a plain somewhere in the south and let the strange man which appears behind you tune your guitar and play a little something something

>following creative dreams through academia.

What year is this? The 50s?

Will try this
Thanks friends

>his parents haven't crushed his personal dreams and ambitions yet

I'm in a stem field myself but I don't fully understand why pursuing a university education for music is a bad thing.

I mean, as long as you know the responsibility you have in terms of what market you're putting yourself into and student debt, getting a professional education in something you're passionate about is almost never a bad thing

Sorry about your parents user

become a music teacher it pays alright and you get to do music stuff

Aw, thanks man. You seem like a cool dude too. :)

My life's been going to shit but I'm handling it ok.

this desu
Pick up a useful STEM degree (CS, ECE, chemE or BME if you're smart, MechE if you aren't so smart) and double in what you're passionate about

Do music business. Some colleges don't have it, but musically prominent unis like Florida State University have it. You get your music degree, and also have business to fall back on in case you're a shit musician

English lit major here

You're only stupid if you stagnate during university. Study music, but have your finger in a few pies so you're employable when you leave. I'm in my final year and only starting to show some initiative, but I wish had done so sooner.

Get some freelance work, start a blog. Look around for internships etc. Get busy