New EDC knife thread, old one just died

new EDC knife thread, old one just died.
heres my cheap collection, with the only ones i really use being the small black handled as a casual carry and the blue mtech being my work knife.
others stay in my room/car
Need some advice though, im looking for a high quality EDC with a classy look, wooden handle and silver blade style look. Preferably drop point blade, and BONUS POINTS if it has a bottle opener
no spring assist and the blade should be under 3"
any recs?

Other urls found in this thread:

crkt.com/Delegate-EDC-Black-Blade-Cocobolo-Scales-Razor-Sharp-Edge-OutBurst-Fire-Safe-Knife
crkt.com/Delegate-Gentleman-Satin-Blade-Burl-Scales-Razor-Sharp-Edge-OutBurst-Fire-Safe-Knife
crkt.com/K415KXP
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/2235/web
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anything is a bottle opener. Only faggots need one to carry around

Ontario RAT 1... Bought 1 for 15 bucks... Best knife I've ever used.

excellent point, however im a fan of the multipurpose feel of built in openers
guess im a faggot

What about a crkt minimalist . Beautiful and is easy to carry on your neck. Amerifags should be able to get customs if they're rich but the bowie one did me

Same fag here. It is a bit expensive but its worth it

löwenmesser

Kershaw

Spyderco paramilitary 2

Another vote for CRKT. I have several and love them all.

sorry about the file size, took it with my phone

Great little knife.

hahaha
my buddy has a bottle opener

i love that, i cant find that anywhere
link?

It's not hard to find.

crkt.com/Delegate-EDC-Black-Blade-Cocobolo-Scales-Razor-Sharp-Edge-OutBurst-Fire-Safe-Knife

Great for practice tho.

I should add the one thing I don't like about it, unless they've updated it. The thumb stud is flush with the scales so you need to get your nail under it to start it open then the assist takes over. Small issue but annoying...

Both discontinued

crkt.com/Delegate-Gentleman-Satin-Blade-Burl-Scales-Razor-Sharp-Edge-OutBurst-Fire-Safe-Knife

now sure why i couldnt find it, when i searched it just showed a bunch of hatchets.
too bad the knife is assisted, knife laws in my state are draconian. I need one with no assist

Here is ny rare african knife

who carries 4 knives around? you're not John Rimbo

For a knife under 14 US Dollars you can't beat the Milwaukee Fastback clip point it does have a bottle opening tab but much like you would use a Bic lighter and the clip is a little cheesy needs to be straightened every couple of weeks

One of the smoothest working CRKT's I've ever used. Non assisted and doesnt need to be. You should be able to find one in a few different styles.

crkt.com/K415KXP

noce dibs, bru

Spyderco Masterrace

i only carry one at a time obviously

So much shit in this thread
>not carrying a leatherman
>not having a pocket bushman
>not having a real benchmade
Fuck that grip piece of shit
Doesn't even have a god damn metal liner
>manix 2
Nice handle, but the s110v is superior
Liner, frame and even lock backs are inferior trash

>multitool
>tactical
>work knife
>high end
>credit card
>key
>pen
>boot knife
>balisong toy

There's no such thing as a classy knife with a bottle opener.

Benchmade Crooked River

Them omega springs tho... Benchmade might have the lifetime warranty, but they truly need it.

I guess this is out to then

paramilitary 2 > kershaw skyline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

this is a fact, so there is no point in arguing against it.

Even cuckafornia allows spring assist and autos up to 2"
Protech is supossed to be p good tho
Gtfo dumb spydercuck

You say that like they go bad all the time. Never had an issue with my 940 which has been my daily knife for 5+ years, or my contego or 710.

One of my favs

Have 665 and 810
No problems

Got some knives too ~

Nice you have maybe enough to buy a griptillian there

It's not like they constantly break, but they won't last for a long time. If you do a quick google search, you'll see lots of people have problems with them. I've never heard of any lock failures like that for the spyderco pm2.

My manix 2 has a different lock than the pm2, but it locked up today and wouldn't close
Owned it for 7 days

The manix 2 has a lock similar to the Benchmade axis lock, fwiw.

Not near as smooth my nigga

>not carrying a leatherman
>EDC knife thread
OP here, i carry a leatherman 7 days a week, no exaggeration. currently have it on my belt. didnt post cause im strictly talking about knives not multi tools

Which Leatherman do you carry and which would you suggest?

What's up?

Shit cell phone picture. This Leek has been my edc lately. Nice size, quick to open, and has stayed plenty sharp.

Whats a good, inexpensive,easy to conceal knife that could theoretically chop someone's dick off in about a half second that isn't illegal?

Enjoy that fragile tip I guess. If the lock spring of any of my benchmades fails I can get it replaced for free, will spyderco replace a blade for free?

I have a few spydies too, but I definitely prefer BM for a knife I'll actually use on a daily basis. Axis locks are smooth and are the easiest to operate with one hand.

I'm talkin' a knife that would instill fear into somebody, a real psychopath knife

Laws depend on state
In OR everything is legal
That's prolly why two of the few american manufacturers set up there

The tip on them is my favorite part, but I hear ya.

So do you constantly work with cardboard or are you just lost in the woods every moment of your life?

Poorfag

IT"S HAPPENING!
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/2235/web

Get here now

it's not about the shekels, it's the felon that keeps me away. i want their socom folder but it's been sold out for a while.

Ever sharpened it?

Nah, haven't even used it.

are those legal anywhere

I don't carry a knife any day, never mind every day.

I have lots in the kitchen and the waiting staff provide me with one appropriate to my order when I visit a restaurant. Do I really don't see the point.

Found this one in the back seat of a taxi.

A quality pocket knife is great to keep on hand, never know when it may come in handy for cutting or picking into something.

Kershaw speedsafe

I have one of those. Love it....

I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger on this one for months.

Maybe if you live in a mud hut.

Knives don't have triggers you jabrone.

>wants to break into a mud hut with a knife

you sure know a lot about using tools, pal.

No california and several other states have length laws
Some cities may restrict automatics as well

I just mean only jungle dwellers need to carry knives about with them. Adult humans in the developed world have no need of such frippery.

No love for multitools here? It seems to be the only way I've been able to keep it away from the cops. I'm not even black or hispanic.

OP, is this your collection? Can you tell me what the second knife is called? It looks sexy

I'll hand you a bundle of lumber with the plastic wrap on there a few mm thick and watch you struggle opening it

a 2" out the front is ridiculous

Feel like you are the kind of nigger that played CS:GO for 50 hours and got these as a result

It's not worth buying

Why would I take anything to do with it?
If I were required to deal with things like that I'd have an appropriate tool not some silly 19th century pencil sharpener.

As I said. Possibly useful to people in the jungle. Otherwise, a childish affectation.

buys a $500 "EDC" knife and never uses it. typical autism.

And an appropriate tool isn't a blade?

I'm sure he's looking forward to cutting tar tape to wrap his window with so that he can finally use and ruin his knife instead of using a cheaper knife

Not a silly toy like the ones on this thread, no.

You're clearly trying to find reasons to "EDC" your plaything, fine, just say as much. Don't pretend that it has day to day utility that you don't have to invent for it though, because it doesn't.

>invents plastic wrap on lumber
>invents packaging tape
>invents carving
>invents cutting packages
>invents cutting fruit
>invents triming pex pipe
>invents cutting zip ties
>invests...

Yes there are blades in this thread that are stupid and serve no real purpose other than to be showy, but to say that knives don't have utility is a little silly.. I have some some dudes at home depot whip out some crazy COD bullshit to cut banding on lumber. People do use these, I use my expensive blades, but they are only expensive because they are handmade or high quality. No reason not to use them. I use my knife at least 3 times a day on various things. When I forget or do not have access to it I certainly miss it. I personally don't understand those that do buy them and never take them out.

Yes, doing these things day to day with a pocket knife is sheer invention.

If you're required to work with these materials you will be supplied suitable tools, not a pocket knife. If wood working us your hobby you will purchase appropriate tools to service that infest, not a pocket knife. Nine of these items will be "EDC'S" in the 19th century or in the African bush you may have some small point. Outside of that you're playing Rambo, and you know it.

The concept of EDC in the 21st century is farcical. It is not required, it us not even of utility. It's simply fantasist behaviour.

You do not need to carry a knife. It offers you no real utility that would not be better served by readily available tools. It simply represents an imagined link to a time and a lifestyle that you wish to emulate. Go on one of those "mountain man" weekends or take a dude ranch holiday instead.

no bullshit knife, I've carried and used for like 9 years, cost about £8. never let me down

:^)

Save a life bin that knife

Turn in guns, no questions asked

Automatic knives kill and are scary

They're not scary, they're silly.

no real utility? multiple times a day, i use my pocket knife to pry,cut,open things. it just simply makes small tasks more simple. just because youre afraid of them, doesnt make people who carry knives "rambo"

You must sharpen that thing daily
When I got my no.8 I couldn't even make it draw blood

What clock is this?

>showing off your gas station folding knives
>cringe

Just got a 3" Kershaw serrated. I think it's beautiful. Wish it was 4" but I really wanted to get rid of some cash so uncle scam can't get his greedy hands on it, and this is all the store had. There was a nice knife from another good brand, can't recall right now, but it was kinda ugly and not serrated, also a hair on the big side.

I think this one is sexy AF though. It's not sharpened well from the factory, gonna need to buy some stones to sharpen it.

You're not silly
You're mentally challenged

Put daddy's knife back you retard, speedsafe is a feature, not the model line.