Anything weirder than this that had thought put behind it? No twin infinitives please

Anything weirder than this that had thought put behind it? No twin infinitives please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zF3jXw81yVA
youtu.be/jbVQZsfS10A
youtube.com/watch?v=36Srmk7JYlI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>whats 2+2
>no 4 please

What's wrong with Twin Infinitives?

Depends what you mean by "weirder".

You can go the noise, onkyo, microsound, lowercase, wandelweiser route or the outsider musice route

They put no thought into it

lmao

Specific albums, any genre

>This is what 2017 Sup Forums actually believes

thatd be cool as shit if that were true

i mean think about a bunch of people in a thoughtless trance produced one of the most intricate and complex alternative albums of all time

woah

this is simply not true

just read this

>"I keep reading that it was recorded during drug orgies in San Francisco and I get a little annoyed by this. Yes, we were into drugs. But that was the problem, that's why it took so long to put it together. All the music was written and played when we were sober. Unfortunately, that wasn't very often. It took us five times as long to organize it. But the truth is that playing and writing was done during the moments of lucidity. We were caught into a thing where people knew we were in drugs and that was our cult status. That was the impression that people had of us and we couldn't escape from it. The truth is that our songwriting had nothing to do with drugs. We simply wanted to push rock and rolll songwriting as far as we could go. It was still rock and roll but people wouldn't see it that way. It was a sincerely anti-authoritarian, class-hatred and so forth statement. Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica" was a big influence. That's totally the scuplting of "Twin Infinitives". I was fascinated by that time in history, the mid-Seventies, when the record market was expanding so rapidly that labels would allow musicians the luxury to record these ambitious double albums. In a few years so many rock masterpieces came out... the Stones' "Exile On Main Street", Zappa's "Uncle Meat"... We wanted to reach back into that climate. In retrospect, it's very much American art and craft, it's very hand-made sounding. It deals with the mundane details. We were intrigued by how the perception of observation and the system of the language could make mundane details look and sound magical. It's this simple sort of americanized banality that surfaces in all arts..."

-Neil Hagerty of Royal Trux

Lol guys sorry I didn't mean to start a fight about twin infinitives but please send recs

i'm guessing that you aren't for other Beefheart albums but this one is pretty weird

Sure thing buddy.
youtu.be/zF3jXw81yVA
youtu.be/jbVQZsfS10A

this is pretty "weird", but probably not what you're looking for

youtube.com/watch?v=36Srmk7JYlI

I think I accidentally started the video 7 minutes in.
Just make sure you listen to the first track. It will wreck your shit

Pure Guava is definitively more weird(brown) than this album.