Daily reminder you need to change up your taste or go way deeper into the current genre you like

daily reminder you need to change up your taste or go way deeper into the current genre you like

stop getting comfortable

this
too many people who would describe themselves as "into music" that post here are stuck on Sup Forumscore and frankly, it's embarrassing
do people not find discovering music fun or am I just a fucking aspie who can't continually listen to the same 10 albums?

>do people not find discovering music fun or am I just a fucking aspie
probably both

but yeah most Sup Forumstants are just here for the memes. no point listening to an obscure album (or even a side project of something popular) if you can't meme about it with everyone else

it's basically just a micro version of normies only listening to music that gives them a social common ground with other normies

they're normies with an inflated and unwarrented ego

I've just recently started to get into free improve and ebm, which are completely out of what I normally listen to. Shit's cool, free improv especially has been blowing me away.

Daily reminder you need to settle. Stop gettting comfort from constant change & distraction.

Who is this? Hes hot

>How dare one enjoy music they enjoy. They must constantly sit through new music

You're a idiot.

this desu

I find a few new artist/albums every week or two then listen to that along with older stuff

nice reading comprehension dumbfuck

Bad b8.

Best post on Sup Forums I've seen in a while honestly

ok dad

ITT: People pretend to go deep in music

Kelo

Lol I hope Armond White becomes a meme. Reading his shit is like traveling to another dimension.

Easier said than done when you're not writing it tbqhfam

not really
look into labels
use RYM and find similar artists
etc
etc....

I accidentally black metal and now I like deafheaven. Is this dangerous?

deafheaven is baby black metal
don't say you into black metal poser

this must be bait. I'm still falling for it.

armond

yeah I really like black metal. deafheaven, alcest, sorrow plagues, the list goes on....

I listen to 2-3 new albums every night, and have been for over a year.

Any older anons here (25+) who also think this isn't fun anymore?

Idk what it is. It's easier than ever to find new music, way easier than it was back in the days when the core of my music taste was formed, but I just can't be bothered. I think finding new music loses the thrill of being something that gives you an "identity" once you're out of college, and with that thrill goes 80% of what made new discoveries exciting.

why are you on a Sup Forums if not to discover new music? is your identity so constituted that you can't go without shitposting about records you don't listen to

Aiming for 1000 albums this year, thanks for the pep talk Armond