Why doesn't Canada have their own sports leagues for baseball, basketball, and furpuck?

Why doesn't Canada have their own sports leagues for baseball, basketball, and furpuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

awfulannouncing.com/2015/nfl-gets-involved-in-plan-to-keep-american-super-bowl-commercials-out-of-canada.html
espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517
thecuck.gawker.com/incest-was-really-having-a-moment-in-2015-1785160093
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are Americans so terrified of any international competition that doesn't involve a swimming pool and doping?

Because it's obviously popular in Canada not enough to warrant an entire league

because we are 35 million spread thinly along the border. there isn't enough critical mass. also who wants to watch a lesser league when your only neighbour has a bigger, better paid and with all the marketing tools.

>CFL

Its funner when it encompasses teams from both countries

No it isn't
If all of your non-furpuck teams moved down here, there would almost no difference except maybe a slight decrease in the Canadian TV deals (but it wouldn't be that noticeable)
Also there is nothing of value in furpuck teams

here in the most relevant first world country on earth, we dont give a shit about what you turds are doing. we have a beautiful variety of sports to care about.

fuck off, Canadians are always welcome, except for chinks and quebecfags

You can fuck off to Ottawa

but we do?
>CFL
>CHL
probably more those the only two relevant ones

It boggles my mind how the USA still hasn't annexed Canada.

because they wouldnt be successful? dickhead

hockey isnt even an american league. it started out as a binational one.

This is like asking why doesn't Wales have it's own leagues

we tried to, but the brits decided they wanted to be faggots and sucker punch us.

>CHL,CFL
>relevant
Choose one

because we are faggots indoctrinated to have no pride in ourselves so we leech of the closest thing we can find that has a semblance of success and suck onto it like a lamprey

Im ashamed to be 'canadian' which is a term for something that doesnt even exist, a nonentity, a myth, a joke.

relevant in comparison to the other leagues

would any of you even care if your CFL team was shut down and replaced with an NFL league?

I always thought Canada could support it's own hockey league. I imagine it would make a lot of money and they already develop some of the best players around. Highly doubt they could support high level baseball or basketball leagues though.

I think we're talking about major sports leagues here. Not dinky little semi-pro leagues. For example, there's a Canadian basketball league but I doubt you or anyone else gives a shit about it.

Why would we?

No it isn't

And?

I'd prefer it actually. Add like 4 teams: Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton

hamilton would care, but theyre a dump so who cares what they think

This just says that Canadians are just cucks

If they just switched to American football, would they care?

i don't know, probably not, i don't care about football, they probably don't have the numbers to support it

nobody except suburbanite fats care about gridiron football in canada.

CFL survives because there are enough local teams that people take some pride in having a local team. if CFL ever died off american football would be a nonentity in canada except for fantasy sports fats

im conflicted, on one hand its nice to know that even if you cant make it to the NFL you can still try out for the CFL (since there is an influx of too much talent and most players only stay in the league for 3 years) and there will never be a minor league system

on the other hand, id love for canada and US to merge and become a single league

I would love if you fuck off
Why would we need to share it?
It's our fucking sport.
They don't need it

Fact: a larger percentage of Canadians watched the Super Bowl than Americans

we couldnt support our own hockey team. on a >per capita basis, its actually incredible that we can support 7 (would be the equivalent of the US having like 70 hockey teams). just doesn't seem possible to add another 23 teams and still have it be profitable, and most of our best players would all go to the states.

Saskatchewan might care too. What else do they have going on over there?

you sound like a 5 year old who had his favorite toy taken away

How about we just shove all 23 teams here (and any "American" who would object to it) and we just not have a league?

Canadian football was invented before American football.

of which half watch it for the advertisements and not the game.

outside the suburban belts where fat pale males live, football is a nonentity in canada. our college championship sells less than a thousand tickets and they cant even sell out nfl games anymore in toronto

Not relevant in the least

Fuck globalization

how would we support the 23 teams population-wise? i mean 30 teams for 30 million people just seems impossible considering how thinly spread we are. i guess you could have 1 more team in montreal and toronto added, maybe a team in halifax, hamilton, i dont really know where else could possible support a team

meanwhile, in canada

awfulannouncing.com/2015/nfl-gets-involved-in-plan-to-keep-american-super-bowl-commercials-out-of-canada.html

Americans don't understand population statistics

Looks comfy as fuck

nobody cares about your blog posts. stop getting so butthurt over the fact that football is a fourth rate sport in canada behind hockey, basketball, baseball, maybe even tennis and curling given our talent. You don't need us, and few of us want you.

Contract, pro/rel
I don't know
Don't really care

Why are you getting so touchy?
This thread ain't even about football
Yours or ours or Yurop's

>baseball

wut, outside of toronto nobody under 40 gives a shit about the jays, while I see tons of roughriders fans wearing their gear around vancouver whenever they're here playing the lions

because it's a non country that should be annexed by it's relevant neighbour, same with new zealand who also play in our leagues

We also get a few talented Americans who can't play in the NFL for largely political reasons. Tony Washington (currently playing in the CFL for the Edmonton Eskimos) would surely be a household name if he hadn't literally fucked his own sister.

espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517

>On May 9, 2003, Washington pleaded guilty to having consensual sex with his biological sister, Caylen. He was 16, she was 15.
>He was scared. Isolated. Except she was there, the two of them best friends, close as book pages. They loved each other, trusted each other. And one day that tipped into something more. Something neither one felt was wrong in the moment. "We were just sitting there, and it was like, 'Do you want to?'" he says. There was no discussion. "We did it. And it was like, 'OK, what's next?' We never talked about it after that."

Wew, what a story

>canada
>international

Nice joke user

>And?

And you're a fucking moron my friend. Figure it out yourself

>consensual sex between two teenagers is a crime

"land of the free"

This is for you: thecuck.gawker.com/incest-was-really-having-a-moment-in-2015-1785160093

>hamilton

Really should move the raiders or jaguar to toronto tbqh

>all those little yellow spots in the middle of fucking nowhere

Imagine how lonely it must be around those parts

>thecuck.gawker.com/incest-was-really-having-a-moment-in-2015-1785160093
how is this illegal?

oops, didnt mean to quote that bit. but yeah, how is it illegal to fuck your sister who is 1 year younger than you?

*comfy. You don't need thousands of people around you all the time

Saskatchewan please