Got a interview with walmart any tips/advice from former employees/managers

got a interview with walmart any tips/advice from former employees/managers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43pM0CwByhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

be yourself, relax, dress higher than the position you are interviewing for.
and dont forget the kneepads.

Gain weight

what position? anything at assistant manager and below is slavery.

cashier

Make sure you give him the handjob signal and a winky face ;-)

don't care about slavery, my aunt worked there for 8 yrs and friend, i know how bad it is but my life on the line, need money. im going for night cashier/stock

reply to OP for automatic dubs

expect long lines, so dont assume you'll be going to break or lunch until someone comes to take over your register, usually 2 hours later or so.

Price checks, wrong prices, price matches- it all holds up the line especially when you need a manager- they take forever to get to you.

expect it to be hardcore- the job is simple but the customers and lack of support from managers when you need them make it difficult.

the stores run on a skeleton crew. always.

Watch the TV show "Superstore," do everything they do and you're in.

im trying for stock

in the backroom, specifically? cuz everyone stocks.

I would assume showing up more or less on time for the interview is the only real requirement to work there

This

Just wear normal clothes and be calm. That is it. They do not care.

Don't say doin' your wife.

blue collared shirt, khaki pants, one casual conversation later you're in.

You picked the worst job ever. You'll get long lines, people screaming at you for dumb shit, working pasted your breaks and lunch, waiting usually an hour till someone switches with you at the end of your shift. That is just a normal day.

Doin' your...son?

Depends on the store. They practically hire anyone. Im Captain of The Carts, veteran cart pusher. Top tier shit. In my time working for Walmart they have hired 3 mentally challenged cart pushers. Only one has been fired...

this and I never worked at Walmart

I work there on Cap team 2 as a stocker. My hours are 2pm-11pm always and it works great. My advice: Dont be a cashier, dont get trained for cashier, just dont fuck with it bc they will pull anyone in any department that is trained to run the cashier. Second word of advice, dont push carts. Cart pusher and cashier are bottom of the bottom. They deal with all the horse shit that nobody wants to do. Also, it is a bitch applying as you know but that is honestly the hardest part about that job. I get 9/hr doing less work than mcdonalds employees do and they get paid a dollar less than me most of the time

So glad im not you. I own a dumptruck and make $880 aud a day. How do you aspire to be anything more than a 2nd class citizen baging peoples food for a living

Get a real job

youtube.com/watch?v=43pM0CwByhY

Everyone starts somewhere.

Think before you spout useless unfounded hatred.

Super shitty place to work, just quit earlier this week. Such a shit hole. Employees dont care about you, management doesn't care about you , and the customers are the stupidest most selfish mongoloids you could imagine. Unless your felon avoid.

How does it feel to have your cock up your own ass?

I pity you. Throw yourself in front of a car and end it.

I hope you made this and i hope you feel really bad. This is a cringe thread now

> I own a dumptruck and make $880 aud a day. >How do you aspire to be anything more than a 2nd class citizen baging peoples food for a living
>You literally waste gas and time picking up trash
>Congrats on being such an amazing and outstanding citizen
>Tfw user thinks hes better than someone helping people with their food but picks up their literal shit

Just went to Orientation for my new job with Wal-Mart yesterday, OP.

Don't worry about nothing. Just be yourself. For entry level jobs, if you get called for an interview, you have a good chance of getting the job. It was effortless for me. Be prepared to go down to take a piss test within 24 hours of being hired. If there are any narcotics/weed in your system, you're fucked.

I started making less than you would trying to pay that truck off while working in it. But i endured it because i know it was leading somwhere. Wallmart leads to obesity, depression and a sub par existence. Prove me wrong

Walmart zone manager here. Try to not be a cashier. Cashiers/cart pushers have 0 advancement potential and get treated like dirt by the higher managers. Aim for the deli/bakery/meat/produce/cap1/cap2. Dress well for the interview and have open availability. Tell them you deal well with stressful environments.

just stay vertical for 30 minutes and pretend like you graduated high school and your interview will go fine

When you get the job:
>Update your career preference as soon as possible if there is another position your interested in
>Don't do shit when your off the clock especially for managers, if they continue to pester you ask for a time adjustment
>learn as many policies and rules as quickly as possible especially action codes
>do your shit and don't complain
>if a customer gives you shit keep cool
>customers aren't bad, management and coworkers are way worse

Trash? I build roads nigga. You know, those thing you hitch on for flesh favors

How about Sporting Goods Associates? That's what I got hired for recently. (I'm not OP)

Sporting good's is great actually. Gets you trained in paint/key making which makes you valuable, more relaxed than the grocery side cause less customers.

Why don't you just go get a factory job? You could probably make 10-12 an hour starting somewhere and at least it wouldn't be Wal-Mart. If you're into drugs you'll find a plethora of drug dealers amongst the employees.