When I get stoned I feel like I can understand the world much better and with less effort. For example...

When I get stoned I feel like I can understand the world much better and with less effort. For example, when drying myself with a towel, I can "feel" the towel absorbing the water in a way I can't when I'm sober. I feel like I can understand and read people much better, when I listen to music I can hear all the minor details the producer/artist put in the song that would take effort to realize when sober. Anyone else feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YSuHrTfcikU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember my first time smoking weed

me 2

Been smoking a long time and I get that feeling all the time. Was playing some music tonight and really feeling it. It enhances most things for me. Including bad things tho.

Lol I think I've probably smoked over 300 times since my first time realistically. I haven't really noticed these effects until recently. It's much more noticeable when I smoke alone and kind of get lost in my head with no distractions of friends

Yeah, weed is great, man. There are very few things I dislike doing high

Also, does anyone else get OCD like symptoms and just feel like cleaning everything? If I shower high I can take double the amount of time I normally would to make sure I'm as clean as possible. If I brush my teeth, I can feel the individual brushes on my toothbrush in between my teeth cleaning everything out. I also try to organize my room and wipe everything like a goddamn madman. I don't see it negatively though, its actually great because sober I'm a slob and hate cleaning so at least I get shit done

It's what happens when intelligent people smoke. If your IQ is above 120, smoking can oftentimes cause mental hyperactivity, making you hyper aware and forcing you to take note of everything around you.

Fun fact: this state of being has the serious potential for evoking dissociation disorders. Be careful.

Incidental, but this is why I prefer alcohol for when I'm in unfamiliar places or with unfamiliar people. Weed makes me more socially anxious in those situations, whereas alcohol makes me too numbed to my awareness to get anxious.

Actually when I'm feeling the effects that I described above generally another effect included with those is that I feel like socializing a lot more and can think of great jokes on the spot and think of things to say which I can't do sober. I do occasionally get anti-social when I'm high, in that case the high is very different from what I mentioned before, when I get antisocial its more of a traditional high, just super chill and hungry.

Are you me?
lol. I have the same effects. Im also ADHD btw. Maybe that plays into it.

has anyone had experiences with feeling as if you'd actually lost your mind while high? Happened to me when I dabbed the first time and I feel it's permanently changed me, was it just a bad panic attack or ego death?

Ive greened out. Sometimes its chill,other times its panic anxiety and no fun. Got to just try your best to roll with the flow of your high.

You think 300 times is a lot? Your such a noob

>i can understand the world better
>i can "FEEL" the towel absorbing the water

WHAT THE FUCK OP

That's a side effect of thc. If you were to dose equally with CBD it would counter the anxiety and make you very clear headed and even makes your high better

yea but I mean when I dabbed it was like I actually convinced myself I wanted to kill myself and that everything in life is horrible and pointless, is that how panic attacks are usually supposed to go? Like I actually felt as if I had gone insane at one point

OP are you the guy
Who asked Yesterday how smoking weed actually is like?

Sub Op, im vaping some Blue dream with an
Arizer Air. What about you?

Not op but truu

I can attest to this. I've smoked weed for the past three years and now I can;t hang out with people I used to normally hang out with. I start to question every aspect of myself in relation to them - such as my friendship with them and where it stands in comparison to others in the same group, to my progress in life and what they think of it, even though anybody else's input on your own life is as weightless as a feather. I'm fully aware of this, yet I still find myself in constant anxiety/wonder over it.

I went from a social butterfly to a total recluse, but hey at least my place is comfortable

No,that sounds pretty fucked actually.

I for one totally get what he is saying

I did. I choose to act on those exact feelings. Watch south park, and rick and morty while high, you will start to pick up on some really profound shit they write. I'm currently finding buddhism and true happines in life. I still smoke time to time. Also, there is a branch of real buddhism that believes that we are all born enlightened, and sometimes substances like weed and lsd can guide us all back to enlightenment.

YEAH me too
fuck that guy

>stupid pothead convinced he found buddhism through rick and morty

Man people like you make me fucking embarrassed to smoke weed

Don't smoke weed and jack off is all I can tell you kiddies. You'll ruin yourself.

The only thing you'll ruin is your high cause mine's gone right away if I start jerkin it

Just a heads up though, this is all recent for me, (I wrote that) and im going to confirm some things with a psychiatrist. Maybe weed does do some dissociative things, but either way, allowing weed to put you in the mindset to get professional answers doesn't seem like a terrible thing.

It's honestly because those people smoke way too much of it. It gets to the point that they need to find different reasons to continue their addiction.

I used to laugh and say dumb shit while stoned and then have the overwhelming urge to eat and go to bed.

Now getting stoned is fun for maybe 10-20 minutes and then I am overcome with anxiety and a constant analysis of my life that invariably ends in abject self-loathing and despair and a hopelessness that forces me to withdraw from everything (ie; if I'm with people, leave abruptly and disfunctionally) towards the habitual comfort of a dark room with the internet and a couple monitors in a desperate bid for mental distraction until I become tired enough to not have to bear the misery of being conscious for another 8 hours or so.

Is that a normal side effect?

No but really. Just don't do it. I'm tired of meeting people that obviously touch their dicks way too much. We know you do it. It's the way you hold yourself in public.

weed makes me feel like a young kid again, with the thoughts of an adult.

also since i started smoking daily i feel like my sense of empathy is way out of control. I read a happy story and the joy is completely overwhelming. not to say thats a bad thing. sad things have the same effect. but not like kill my self sadness. empathy.

then there is the deep deep thought section of the high. does weed make me super empathetic? is this how most people feel empathy? oh my god am i autistic because i dont understand people?!

all in all weed has tough me about myself, my loved ones, my childhood, my religion, and the universe in general. hail satan.

You know how stupid people think they are the smartest in the world?

Yeah... weed makes you stupid...

forgot to mention i cried at finding dory baked out of my mind. when she sees her parents i could feel my heart beating in my chest because i was so happy.

Maybe it helps the insane find sanity. Or the opposite. In any direction is good for them since they're good for nothing hippies right?

One day I had to go to work drunk, with no way of getting out of it. Accidentally picked up the phone because I didn't know what I was doing.

Showed up showered, suited up, breath fresh, but plastered. That day I sold more jobs and closed more leads than any other employee, and made 2 male employees feel so good about themselves, I was invited to go drinking.

I now drink every day before work. I date a model looking girl, and I look like trash. I have more money, and overall, alcohol has changed my life.

I'm glad we can both understand the world better through substances. Except mine is killing me, and yours is not.

thanks for taking the time to write that out. quality thread and opinions here guys.

duuuuude that happens to me all the fucking time, pretty sure it has to do with some underlying phycological stuff, my highs always end in convincing myself I'm the biggest loser alive, hoping this becomes fun again eventually ):

How do you stay "alcohol-ed up" throughout your day? What is your routine?

Low testosterone. Try not jacking off for a week.

Weed lowers testosterone. Jacking off lowers testosterone. Doing both lowers A LOT of testosterone.

>with some underlying phycological stuff
That is most likely.
I asked my stoner roommate why that kind of stuff happens to people when they smoke (without referring to myself) and he essentially said that it's caused by the weed, but by mental problems that already exist.

Which does not bode well for me.

I smoked weed for 4 years until i had to quit, and looking back sure it was great but its just a drug. It doesnt give you superpowers nor does it give you "brain hyperactivity".

Think of that really dumb guy you know and ask him something hes interested in. He will explain it in detail and think he is so clever for understanding things and dont get stupid people started on life wisdom.

Real intelligence comes from inderstanding and if you honestly believe that smoking a herb gives you some sort of enhanced senses then you are retarded. Take a step back and realise that weed, just like alcohol, just impairs your judgement and intoxicates you where you feel things that arent happening.

Next time you're high start swinging your hand back and forth and keep doing it. Do it long enough until it feels normal and after a while you cant stop, or itll feel weird to stop. Thats impaired judgement and some sort of willing hallucination.

Im not an expert but get real, come on.

damn I jack off every day and always jack off while high, you have opened my mind user

I would love to make it sound like I don't just drive around with a handle in the trunk, but that's what it is.

Wake up, eat, brush teeeth, shave, shower, dress and then (at home) down 10 shots of Skyy vodka with a cranberry or orange juice chaser.

Drive to work for 10. 3 o clock go outside to get 'lunch' (4 shots) and that's enough to keep me sufficiently drunk until 6 or later even.

I literally have a cooler with a handle, ice, and cranberry juice in it. No joke I even keep a sandwich that gets thrown out every other day or so.

One time I had a guy ask if he could have my sandwich and I thought it was a new one, and it was like 4 days old, and it smelled terrible, and he ate it and I don't think he has a sense of smell, so I have been trying to test it out with colognes and febreeze, and leaving notes on his desk that say 'do you smell that?' when he is out.

Yeah, I honestly don't understand why someone would find that a point of humor. Like, at this age I've come to expect that somebody, just because it "sounds like" something a high person would say. I guess.

But by that same reasoning, that's why drying yourself with a towel causes one to "feel like" the towel is absorbing water.

In other words, OP is experiencing a great sense of sensitivity. Probably a good thing, right? Greater sensory perception of the world = more personal efficacy.

Try it bro. You'll see your life begin to improve. But you will relapse. If you fuck up its ok just keep trying. If that happens make sure it doesn't happen two days in a row.

KEK moar stories user

True, but I often smoke shatter instead of bud (due to high tolerance and intermittent work schedule at a place where I can't smell like weed), so I more often than not have those effects. Although alcohol can counter it most times.

That's a good point but if you rehash the findings or thoughts you had, while high, sober and feel that they still make sense is there anything lost?

It doesn't make you tired as hell a couple hours in after slamming a bunch of shots down? I drank before going out in the daytime before and felt like I should be in bed after a couple of hours of just doing normal shit.

Happened to me. Dissociation is a bitch. Tbf it would've happened due to situational factors regardless, but weed definitely triggered it and I spiraled into a year long major depression.

You should try watching Scream Queens while high. The empathic state combined with the epitome of absolutely unenlightening, banal entertainment creates an interesting emotional flavor.

What's with the anti-masturbation crusade?
I've started to become incredible depressed and anxious while smoking (moreso than usual).
Are you telling me this is somehow related to being a NEET who can no longer function socially and jacks off for 2-3 hours a day?

I can say I swung the other way. I found it much easier to talk to people once I started smoking regularly.

Trippiest video ever when you're high

Enjoy dudes

youtu.be/YSuHrTfcikU

Shit wrong link

Well I'm gonna take the bait and say yes. Just try it and if you are proud of your first steps, don't ever look back.

Will do.

I wish I had more, lol my life is very calm now. I mean when you have time to post stickies on someone's desk you're obviously bored.

You'd have to see me selling a product without knowing it was me, and then have me tell you it was me so you could be like HOLY SHIT I didn't think he was drunk, but now that I watched the video, I am sure he was.

Not a story, but a cool thing that happened. One day a female coworker told my boss's boss that she smelled alcohol on me, and that I made 'sexually suggestive gestures' (?) to her.

They pulled me into the office, and asked me if I had a problem with Karissa, and when I said no, they were like "Well that cunt is going around painting you as a drunk pervert" and literally every day now she stares at me and won't say hi, so I think they threatened to fire her because my meeting with the big boss ended in a high 5 after talking about the red sox.

I had just drank, didn't have gum in, and had not showered that day,.

I don't know if that counts as a story really.

I'm skeptical that it would make a damned difference.
At least it's something to do.

The problem is that weed takes very long to get out of your system. I think the last traces are cycled out after a month or so? And weed is, no doubt about it, a chemical altering your state of mind, theres no other way around that. And if this chemical is still in a way in your body then it is still altering your state of mind.

Additionally, ideas you come up with while high are very creative, stunningly intuitive, i agree. But leave that for creativity not science. Weed influenced art can be incredible and friends of mine have come up with story ideas they fleshed out when sober and they are amazing. But science is different, compare your theory with others, find evidence to back up your claim and if you have no evidence than "it just makes sense" then its not plausible.

I agree, its a fun conversation starter and it can get you thinking of possibilities but by the love of god be rational and dont try to preach your spin on natures laws of physics to people.

You've got to be an alcoholic that's really dying ya know? You can't be DRUNK drunk. You have to get to that feeling where you can speak clearly still, but you feel it.

I only take 10 because 9 wont do anything anymore, you know?

I get what you are saying. For me it feels like it clears my head to where I can notice more things or pay close attention to something.

The first paragraph to this is all I needed to know you are literally just talking out of your butt.

A chemical still being in your body does not mean it's altering your mind. That's like saying the bigger the shit lodged in my colon, the more angry I am....

Wait...

That might be true. I should just post about alcohol cuz I am now epiphanied

You will fail though. Jacking off everyday means you've been doping up everyday. Everytime you nut you are doping up. If you fail then just keep trying.

Once you limit yourself to once a week then you've made it. That is where I'm currently at and life is very beautiful to me right now as cheesy as it sounds.

>this is somehow related to being a NEET who can no longer function socially and jacks off for 2-3 hours a day?
No it's not related at all, because I do it. It's just your mindset and how you view life. Try to think and be positive and you will change.

good shit

And good luck user. I'm going to bed now. I stayed up 40 minutes past my bedtime to try to pass on this information. I hope you turn your life around!

Maybe there was a miscommunication because of the anonymity, but I was totally in the second camp. All of my "discoveries" are emotional and personable. I totally get what you're saying now.

Don't get me wrong, I've thought that the whole universe is a simulation but that obviously doesn't hold up. What I mentioned earlier were discovering long forgotten memories that helped me understand my own life better, or being able to read a friend.

Also I've picked up sketching, which is nice.

>
>The first paragraph to this is all I needed to know you are literally just talking out of your butt.

>A chemical still being in your body does not mean it's altering your mind. That's like saying the bigger the shit lodged in my colon, the more angry I am....

I'm not a chemist, you might be right.

I still think weed cant be completely free of health concerns. Im all for legalization but I would also like to see an unbiased study on the long term effects of the drug especially on the mind.

See that's awesome. Good on you for improving yourself like that.

yup

I know these situations.
I think it is just because it makes your perception more intense.

Quality thread everyone. Gf and I about to get blazed. She sent me this about 4 hours ago and she just got home.

I've had this happen on acid

do you know all the scientific discoveries that came fro being high? LSD discovered the helix nature of DNA

share other pics user..

They just finished a few of them, and it did show significant losses in memory ability, as well as synapse firing.

HOWEVER, apparently one of the studies said people were almost 90% fo their original self a year after the study, which means it may not be permanent, although it can last a while.

>gf has snapchat
Slut's cheating on you

I've smoked weed for 10 months, I admit quite hard too. I dont anymore but I believe that if weed offers you to be more self aware when you are sober, to find health, to find love through god (buddhism for me), I don't understand how that kind of path should be looked down upon. It seems like you are happy and content, but a lot of people haven't had that privilege.

I hadn't smoked in a year when I smoked an entire blunt. The highest I've ever been. Took an uber from my house to a strip club I was meeting my friends at, it really hit me in the uber. I felt like the car was floating, but bouncing at the same time. Like turbulence on an airplane, but smoother. I was too stoned out of my mind to enjoy the strip club, the lights and the loud music tripped me out.

Okay

Goddamn, that really makes me want to take a good old long tolerance break.

>to find love through god (buddhism for me)
God just shut the fuck up with this shit

You smoke weed, it's not this enlightening magical thing. It's a fucking plant you smoke to sit back and feel relaxed with.

Are you that shallow of a person that you rely on weed to make this identity for yourself? Like holy shit you must be underage or something

I'm so confident she's not I can't even entertain the idea.

umm

When I get stoned I feel my butthole start gaping because of muscle memory.

life is good

Sounds like my kinda person. God dammit I want you to cum in my asshole and suck it out with your mouth. And then spit it on a toddler at a daycare center while the mother watches in horror. So fuckin hard rn.

yup

I've smoked this shit for almost half of my life now, and through all that time, I've never felt this "enlightened buddhist" bullshit. It's all in your head, you have to be as shallow as a fucking puddle to have it change you as a person drastically

You can undergo self-awareness and acceptance while high, no doubt, but this "I smoked and found my way of love and life" shit couldn't sound more freshly pulled out of someone's ass. My eyes couldn't roll back any further when I hear this shit

Listenting to music stoned is like listening to it in 3D. you can hear every instrument you wouldn't hear sober. it's hard to explain

also listening to music with your eyes closed is like dreaming while awake, it's awesome

love weed

Yeah we're big fans.

When I was a baby boy my daddy used me as a cum rag while he smoked his marijuana. That shit is the devils lettuce.

haha touche

That's nothing. My uncle would would force his fingers into my asshole when I was kid until it would start bleeding. Then he would force me to smoke weed and never tell anyone or he would kill me. Haven't really talked to him since I was 13 though. No one really has now that I think of it.

There's another row of the three on the right that was lost in the crop. Quality lube, quality sex toys, quality weed, fun evening

Literally had to take a break from smoking now so that my lungs could heal from me chain smoking bowls

> Sober for a few days and it sucks

I needed a T Break anyways.

Try a volcano man

I have the snoop dog 2.0 pen. That'll be less shitty on the lungs, right?