I want a turtle/tortoise

i want a turtle/tortoise.

not like a small one but a big one, like an alligator snapping turtle or a Galapagos tortoise. they're just so fucking chill and cool like dear fucking god i want a pet turtle, but there are laws against turtle ownership in my area so i guess how would one get a 100 pound turtle to they're house and keep it a secrete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvfW9P1SE8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This isn't a fucking pet shop. How lost are you?

>Sup Forums
>random

You're one dumb motherfucker

i know this isn't a pet shop but there isn't much discussion of turtles, much less big ones, so i came here in an attempt to find answers

Do you have a back yard and is it walled or fenced. AND do you have any other pets.

Just drive to a place where you can pick of a tortoise. Get a young one, they grow up surprisingly fast. Keep it in your house in a tank until it's large. Then you can easily let it roam your back yard. Just bring it in before dark.

No one cares if you keep your tortoise to yourself but if it can get out and people find it then you are fucked.

Fuck you, faggot. You're never going to own a turtle! Your turtle dreams will never become reality.

>No one cares
I care, it's illegal to collect turtles where this nigger lives. You shouldn't encourage him to hoard exotic reptiles.

Dude im being real here a turtle is for life, or more. The galapogos charles darwin brought back to england in the 1850's died like five years ago. Even a russian tortoise, which is my advice for a house turtle, will live 50 years minimum. I know this is probably a troll post but seriously please think long and hard about your choice here.

>think long and hard
get a loaf of this faggot. the kid just wants turtle advice, not some pedo talking dirty to him. get out of here.

but i'll have to drive a few states over to Florida for an alligator snapping turtle, but they're all like i'll bite your mother fucking head off, i'd much rather have a galabagose tortise

and i have a cat

That's why he asked if the yard was walled or fenced. So it does not escape. It's not like it's releasing poison spores into the atmosphere. It's a tortoise. If it does not escape there is no problem.

You know as long as he does not release it into the wild like some sort of dumb florida loser.

Cats are allergic to galabagose tortises. Do you really want to get rid of your cat?

youtube.com/watch?v=wvfW9P1SE8o

Tortoise do not release spores into the atmosphere though. WTF am I reading?! Turtles can't climb over fences either. You are coming off really dumb right now.

not a troll, i'll have it set up where it's passed down, like adopt same brat and indoctrinate it to love turtles and he will continue this tradition of turtle appreciation

>alligator snapping turtle
>chill

Nah

Turtle Law states that they can't be passed down to relatives, they have to be donated to the local zoo.

i had a box turtle at one point and the cat played with it and shit and it didn't get sick

You can get senescence to own exotic pets like tortoise. It's well within user's abilities.

already owning a fucking turtle is against the law. so this isn't relevant

You know what? Do it. Drive to floridia, the panhandle near bonifey has plently of turtles. Snappers love live mice so bring plenty, the petco in town can hook you up so stop in there to load up. Just east of town you will find hope drive, about a click down you will find a gorgous marsh, bring the mice with you and just wait, youll find plenty out there to pick from.

ITS FUCKING TURTLE TIME

ROLL FOR TURTLE DUBS

REROLLLLLLLLL TURTLE TIME

*liscences

TURTLEEEEEE TURTLEEEEEEEE DUBS

I'm saying it's fine to have one as long as it's not released or fucked with. If you have a fence, animals might come in and bully the tortoise. If it's too wide a fence he might dig under and escape. That's only true in Asia.

IMMA DA TURTLE KING WITH THESE TURLE DUBS

(Not op)You have the reading ability of a fucking 2 year old

TURLTE'EM

TURTLEEEEESSSS ARE AMAZING

TURLTEEEEEEE DUBSSSSSSSSSSSS

WHY I AM SO TURTLEAUTISTIC

Look at all these motherfuckers who think they know more about Turtle Law than I do. Laughable.

nope, not even a license available, my area are fucking nazis when it comes to turtle ownership

This is now a turtle gets thread, only true turtles can get turtles dubs

roll for turtle

14/88 wins

Winner

ARE YOU THE TURTLE THEY CALL Sup Forums!?!?

> just give it away when you're decrepit and incapable of looking after it. Or just throw it in a bin / lake.

IF TRIPS TURTLE IS A MEME

i could become a turtle and mouse farmer, maybe cats too

Roll for this turtle friend

I hope you get a tortoise. I wish you lived next to me so I could see it and not have to take care of it.

NOOOOOOO, THE TURTLE GOD WILL BLESS YOU ANY TURTLE WAY

Move to Irving or Dallas on the bank of the Trinity River. Snapping Turtles abound. Unless they exterminated them or something, haven't been there in about 20 years. Also RIP in peace to your sense of smell, it's like living atop a landfill (which it basically is).

mY TuRtLE Is BiGGa

Tf you want him to just randomly take one from a marsh? Kek

My neighbor has some.
I remember them whole life and I am 21
pretty cool in my opinion so fucking go for it!

i bet i'd like Texas in all honesty, do you know about oregan? do they have turtles?

California too. Arizona, all those places. Honestly you are better off getting a land tortoise. Water ones are cool but they are too sharp and fast to just pal around with.

Nope, been a lifelong Texas resident. There are plenty of nice places in Texas if you don't mind the summer heat but the Trinity River and all of its surroundings are probably the worst. We used to joke that swimming in the river would either give you superpowers, give you cancer, or get you eaten by the giant turtles. We didn't think the 3rd would actually happen till we watched one tear apart our neighbors metal canoe.

oh fuck yeah heat, can't stand that shit

doesn't know why turtle ownership is outlawed
lol
go ahead and get one - not a snapper, you can't go near them. get one you can handle and play with. you deserve it.

I met a small turtle a few years ago that was 108 years old (documented).
fucker was regal af
just looked at me and put me in my place instantly

>and i have a cat
how stupid are you? really
like IQ of what...80? 75?

the triple digit heat only lasts 6 months out of the year don't be a fuckin pussy man.

how does me owning a cat make me stupid?

buddy, any turtle would be smarter than you and in a week, you'd be in a cage and it would be drinking your beer and watching football on your TV with all its friends, and throwing chips at you during commercials.

i had one before and it walked around the house and i played with it alot, nothing bad ever happened

user seriously gonna pluck some 89 year old graceful turtle frim the wild to live in his cumsock littered apartment for the rest of its tortured life

mfw you really need to find out why, genius

pretty sure you're trolling though

I used to live in Highland Park close to Turtle Creek in Dallas. Plenty of turtles there, obv. You know they're full of germs and disease, right?

Walked around house = frantically trying to escape

cat + snapper = dead cat

i'd rather not have a snapper, but it is a turtle so i'll get it if i have nothing else

>he doesn't know about turtle sporulation

It's all one big fuckin joke to clowns like you till you wake up one day and find turtle mycelium colonizing every inch of your house because you forgot to disinfect your dirty socks.

Then they start fruiting and you learn the real meaning of fear.

Im a classically trained turtle law lawyer

>Then they start fruiting and you learn the real meaning of fear.
my sides