What was the better JJ reboot? Star Trek 09 or TFA?

What was the better JJ reboot? Star Trek 09 or TFA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pKFUZ10Wmbw
youtube.com/watch?v=s3-nI1fA_fI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TFA, obviously
Star Trek was a travesty

They're both shit

Well considering Star Wars is just fantasy movies for children, Star Wars, obviously. I mean come on.

Trek on the other hand demands a higher standard of intellectualism to do right, which JJ completely failed to reach. Not that the previous movies were any good either. Trek movies were always by and large pretty shit compared to their respective series but that still doesn't excuse not even trying.

Star Trek had nothing in common with Star Trek apart from some shallow tropes while Force Awakens was just a mashup of Star Wars shit we had already seen in the other films.

Despite this, Star Trek was actually an enjoyable movie with some fucking mindblowing scenes (when they drop out of warp holy fuck seeing that at IMAX). Star Wars offered nothing new and wasn't that entertaining of a movie.

Star Trek is the better movie to actually watch.

Also 09 has like the best movie trailer ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=pKFUZ10Wmbw

ST was way better, imo. Into darkness was utter shit though.

star trek was just a much better movie overall.

star wars was entirely reliant on nostalgia.

Why is the Enterprise fleeing?
The star destroyer is massively outmatched.

I'm not even joking but my brother always has friends over at our place, we share, and when I have to study I put on the last Star Trek film as it magically makes people leave.
I'm not even exaggerating sadly

star trek (09) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tfa >> dying in a fire >>> into darkness

USS Kelvin, Narada battle at the start of 09 is based as fuck till this very day

Kirk felt bad and didn't want to kill a gorillion people.

I don't know what Kirk you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure it's not Captain James Tiberius

So where does the "Enterprise is bad" maymay come from? I'm seven episodes in and it's been breddy gud so far. It even has Weyoun as the eternal Ando.

Enterprise is best star trek, people are just retarded.

Like Voyager it's the series of wasted elements and missed opportunities

Archer for example is supposed to be an imperfect, sort of shitty captain, but because Archer basically creates the federation, he never actually struggles to be a better person, everything just falls into his lap.

T'Pol is a fucking asshole (hot as fuck though). Misses the point of Vulcans for the same reason as Nu-Trek. Vulcans are emotionless and logical, not smug cunts.

Along with bad characterization like this, there was no chemistry among the cast and the entire crew just hated each other. Not that fun to watch.

Serialization in an era when TV was moving to actual story arcs. Enterprise does fix this in Season 3 but the Xindi arc sucks anyway and it was too late. Season 4 does actually start to get good though.

Also for me personally the design of it all. It felt more like Stargate or Battlestar in design and aesthetics than Star Trek.

Oh also the NX is clearly just an Akira class star ship and looks waaaay out of it's time.

Like I said in the other Trek General, the NX should have looked like this, instead we got a ship that looked more like it belongs in Voyager or DS9.

"Captain, they're using primitive beam energy weapons."

"Don't we have a few tribbles in suspension? Teleport a few. Then I wanna go to DS9 and get some Harrakian rum."

>a single blast from a star destroyer wouldnt blow a gaping hole in a brittle federation wessel

Oh and here is the S5 "refit" of the NX.

Does this look like a mid 22nd century class starship? Looks more like a star ship from the late 23rd century.

>not having a 7.5 qt to take to fanboy flicks

Considering that one photon torpedo (to say nothing of quantum torpedoes) has a payload many times greater than the combined energy of every nuclear weapon ever detonated by mankind to date, I'd say that the cannons on a star destroyer would barely even make the shields of a galaxy-class flicker.

One quantum torpedo releases about 62MT of energy if I recall correctly.

They're not THAT powerful.

kek

The funny thing is star wars tends to rely in massively inflated numbers, while star trek generally uses technobabble magic.

Though I agree with your picture.

stoooooop

>Thank non-God (tips fedora) that Star Trek doesn't have any of that social justice nonsense in it!

Not sure if joking or just stupid.

Vulcan society at the time of Enterprise was run by assholes, so their higher ups are going to act similar to them

T'pol is way too cute to dislike anyways

Alcubierre drive isn't technobabble magic, we're just scratching the surface.

We might not need a fake elemnt like dilithium but the concept is still contingent upon the same principles theorized in Star Trek (albeit, using technology similar to the Romulans who utilized a quantum singularity as their source of warp drive).

Not to mention all the technological devices that Star Trek would use in props that preceded in their creation, namely tablet devices, some possibly replicator technology (3D printing is it's dinosaur prototype), and a few I'm forgetting at the moment.

>we must remodulate the phase discriminator to enhance the tachyon containment field
vs
>SET THE SLIDER TO MAXIMUM WE NEED MORE POWER

It's still magic compared to inflated numbers.

But I agree, ST is better for the reasons you mentioned.

Star Wars was never good in the first place

The trek reboot has nothing to do with Star Trek but it's a fine flick

So I'll go with the Trek reboot

Oh, look- it's one of these Star Trek tech arms race nerds again.
>I'll see your disrupter, and I'll raise you a quantum torpedo
Have fun with your 1990s cellphones and thick ass iPads in the 23rd Century, and fapping to middle aged women with wide pancake asses

Star Trek was great. A fun Sci-fi adventure.

The Force Awakens was a massive disappointment.
Literally live action weekday morning kids cartoon tier.

Star Trek by about a billion.

Anyone that says otherwise is a turbopleb. It's even a better Star Wars movie than TFA.

It's too bad the sequel is such garbage. It really just destroyed everything cool about the first one. Anyone that watches his tv shows knows JJ should only ever do the first movie in a series. Disney was smart not to hire him for the Star Wars sequels.

TFA was a sequel, not a reboot.

i didn't mind TFA except for the same "lets destroy another death star" thing again

they had billions of dollars to spend and couldn't come up with a better plot

its really a crime

Raisy Didley

Don't forget that they're re-shooting Rogue One because it was too interesting.

>Trek movies were always by and large pretty shit compared to their respective series
They're best when they're extra long episodes of tv series like the first one.

>So where does the "Enterprise is bad" maymay come from?

youtube.com/watch?v=s3-nI1fA_fI

TFA.

Star Trek isn't supposed to be a generic scifi action movie. It's also obvious JJ's heart wasn't in Trek.