Is Hollywood atheophobic?

now, I don't know if there is a jewish or christian lobby behind this, but one thing is sure
in movies, good characters are NEVER explicitly atheists.
usually the have traditional families and they believe in christian or christian derived morality

feel free to prove me wrong if you can

I'm tired of atheophobia, why can't someone be atheist and PROUD of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Atheophobia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bilbo and Frodo spring directly to my mind.

because outspoken atheists are faggots

whut

let me guess, you are one of those self-hating atheists with 3 meters of tongue up christian asses
it's because people like you that our movement isn't taken seriously

>Atheophobia
Tell me this isn't a real term.

>All atheists must be millitant anti theists
Teenager much?

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Atheophobia

They are both heroes.
Hobbits are never expressly shown to have a religion of any kind.
Neither of them have traditional families; Bilbo and Frodo are cousins. And not close ones, if I am remembering that correctly. They call eachother Nephew and Uncle, regardless. Again, not traditional.

And now, I must inb4.
In before "Sauron did nothing wrong."

Shit like this is why I refuse to identify as an atheist.

coward much?

Since most atheists are in practice barely distinguishable from lazy christians I don't really know why you're making it into such a big deal. If a character isn't confirmed to be one or the other you can choose to believe them to be whichever one you prefer.

I'm an atheist and it doesn't really bother me, I don't need to be "represented" to relate to the characters.

You honestly believe you're fighting an ideological conflict and that you can change the minds of the faithful...?

>Hobbits are never expressly shown to have a religion of any kind.
that's not being explicitly atheist
no character ever proudly said: "I'm an.. atheist"

why?
does my atheist offend you? I don't care

What are you?

So?

I am, myself, an atheist.

I have no idea why you're so upset. I'm still sayin', Frodo and Bilbo meet your criteria.

that's what happened in history from French Revolution and so on.

Shit like this is annoying, but only a handfull of american teenagers who are rebelling against their fundamentalist parents actually use terms like this.

In terms of what? Faith? Atheist, but I don't say that in reality.
>hurrdurr you just did hurrrrrrr
As an Anonymous poster.

Wow.. so many nu-atheists here
Do you have to impress some christian girl, cucks?

>but I don't say that in reality.
self-hating, ashamed, cuck

That's like asking why there aren't movie characters whose hobby is not playing tennis. Probably because not believing in something is absolutely useless to point out.

>Asked my gf in the car today if she'd fight in the next war, and she replied a resounding "no"
>Called her a coward and told her I'd fight at the drop of a pin, they wouldn't even need to implement the draft
>Asks me why I'd want to die so quickly
>"It's not me who will die. We need another war to kill these Christians and bigot scum"
>She just looked at me like I was crazy
>Mfw I'm one of the few sane ones

Indeed, yet I'm still tarred with the same brush.
>I'm a Revolutionary!!
You will look back at yourself one day as an adult and you will cringe.

Are you seriously comparing the "revolution" of atheism with thousands of people getting their heads chopped off?

>Bilbo and Frodo are cousins. And not close ones
>They call eachother Nephew and Uncle
That is highly suspicious, don't you think, an old man and a very young "adult" living together?
Maybe Frodo wasn't really a Baggins, maybe Bilbo just wanted a young companion and adopted Frodo?
Even if he was really a Baggins, his relationship with his "uncle" is highly suspicious, not to mention Frodo's relationship with Grandalf, the way he acts around him.

if all atheists were like you, we would be still in the middle ages

I'm baffled and horrified

>he ignore the philosophical consequences of French Revolution and how they changed western civilization

I'm fine with myself, but I know people hear Atheist and think I'm antitheist. I don't want to start an argument over faith, no one ever wins. I stay atheist, they stay theist, we both end up exhausted. It's a waste of time.

>they stay theist
bullshits, thanks to our efforts churches never been so empty and western society never been so secular

Identifying as something is meaningless. Only actions matter.

Carry on your imaginary war, keyboard warrior.

People come to their own conclusions, there's no movement actively converting people. It's funny how you pretend there is to feel special though.

>secularization of society in the last 60 years has been imaginary
k

But you were in no way responsible for the shift in public perception.

To all the gaytheists on this thread

What have secularization and empty churches brought to our society?

I'm not special, I'm just a servant of the cause

>People come to their own conclusions
because for the first time in history they were able to do it

Atheism isn't a new philosophy. It's as old as theism.

I do my part
I opened the eyes to many friends

Don't be a child. Ofcourse you can make a film about what it means to be atheist, how it affects someones life and what sort of meaning in life can be derived from it. The key is to not go "the Ricky Gervais way" and just make it about how you think atheists are smart and religious people are stupid.

It's curbed the access of pedrophile priests to small children for buggery and other assorted sexual misconducts

Also,
>Servant of the cause
If you're real, you're priceless.

>Friends

>Indeed, yet I'm still tarred with the same brush.
Yeah, we all are, but theres no need to bitch about it.

>old grandmother
>she has been brainwashed by priest for all her lives
>she has fear of hell and all the sick shit because she's old
>I explain that it's all a bullshit
>I prove her with facts and logic that God doesn't exist, that religions are man made
>that there is nothing after death, no psycho God, no hell
>she admits I'm right and starts to cry
>two days later she dies

her tears of joy are my consolation and reward, I freed her just in time

>Bilbo and Frodo are cousins. And not close ones
>They call eachother Nephew and Uncle
I have a first cousin once removed who has an uncle who is two years younger than him. They refer to eachother as cousins.

I usually don't user, but this thread raised the issue. Children like the self proclaimed revolutionary make those who identify as atheists look like cunts. So I don't identify as such. That's all.

Huh. Pasta.

How do you know? How often does the protagonist say, "Hey, you know what? I'm an atheist."

>hurr durr I'm a man but I identify as a woman
>hurr durr I'm an atheist but I don't identify as such

fucking lmao

Weak bait mate, please try next time.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, Peter

butt mad biblecuck spotted

Yes, but you don't have an old man that you call "uncle" who buys you expensive clothes and takes you out to important hobbit outdoor festivities.

Yeah, no I get where you're coming from, it's annoying. Are you american by the way?

there is no difference between you and a trannyfag, but yeah, whatever floats your ridiculous boat

You really can't tell that's inflammatory pasta bait designed to piss of BOTH sides...?
Huh.

>you don't have an old man that you call "uncle" who buys you expensive clothes and takes you out to important hobbit outdoor festivities.
You don't know me or my life.

not OP but.. yeah you are non militant and shit only because you live in secular countries

try to live in a bigoted hellhole like Italy where homosexuals don't even have civil partnerships!!
where literally everyone is catholic and sick catholic morality permeate entirely the society

Here's a pity (You)
British, so I feel like there's slightly more tolerance of atheism than middle America, but it's far from accepted.

>Huh.
>>>/plebbit/

Just googled and it's not a pasta

I don't understand why it should piss off atheists though

Not him, but come on... There's no difference between some user who doesn't like to think of himself as an atheist because of annoying american teenagers and some dude who was born with a functioning set of male genitalia and zero (0) tits who's convinced he's a chick?

Here's an idea.
Leave Italy.

>but it's far from accepted.
what are you doing to change that?

It's so fedora tipping it hurts. It's a parody of atheism.

o-okay

no thanks I'm not a cuck, I won't leave my homeland
I guess I'll militate and try to change things

feel free to spit in my face though, "fellow atheist"

It pisses me off. It's righteous without reason as hell and cocky as fuck.

You are a parody of an atheist

define the meaning of "fedora tipping" please

Thought you guys were split sort of 50/50?

Fuck, meant to

Nothing?
Because aside from being seen as a cunt if I say I'm an Atheist, thanks to moronic antitheists, it has zero impact on me.
Just like folk worshipping a god has zero impact on me. I'm content to live and let live.

>saying that hell is an unreasonable fear and that God doesn't exist now is righteous and cocky as fuck
nu-atheists ladies and gentlemen

/thread

>Just like folk worshipping a god has zero impact on me

>christianity took in hostage the continent for thousands years
>zero impact
ok

I bet you vote liberal

>My homeland hates me
>I still love my homeland
Patriotism is puzzling.

Lurk more.

I wouldn't say so. 50/50 Christian/Other, but other includes Hindu, Sikh, Hare Krishna, Janism, Islam, Bhuddist, Atheist, Agnostic, Jedi etc.

I stand by my statement.

>Lurk more.
no no.. tell me what does "fedora tipping" mean for you

Confirmed for liberal cuck

No no, try Know Your Meme.

not him but if your answer to the fact that country has a problem, is leaving the country

you are a nu male betacuck and should kill yourself

It's not that. It's that you say things like "proved to her with facts and logic that god doesn't exist" and "I freed her just in time".

And?
What is a refugee user?
Also, I suspect his problem is pretty damned first world if it can be overwritten by an illogical attachment to birthplace.

If atheism became "fedora tipping" for you.. it means that christians won.. with you.

Because it's just a term they pulled out of their ass not having real counterarguments

Hurr durr fedora tipping
You are pathetic

don't even answer them.. they are just Sup Forumsshits buttmad because atheists are one of the biggest group of liberal parties voters

>does my atheist offend you? I don't care

Youmust be a kardashian, i have never seen so much thirst for attention

KEEP Sup Forums IN Sup Forums PIECES OF SHIT

YOU CAN BE CHRISTIANS AND FASCIST ALL YOU WANT.. THERE

Yes, it's bait.
No.

Just as there are white people, there is white trash.
Just as there are black people, there are niggers.
Just as there are Muslims, there are Mudslimes.
And just as there are Atheists, there are Fedora Tipping Atheists.

It's a christian false-flag
No real atheist can be conservative and any using the term "liberal" as derogatory

>proved to her with facts and logic that god doesn't exist
what is fedora tipping about it?!?! this is atheism in its essence

>niggers
>mudslimes

beware, someone MIGHT have reported you

On Sup Forums?
For using racist terms.

No, the essence of Atheism is "I do not believe in any god."

>Fedora Tipping Atheists.
yeah and still you don't say what is a "fedora tipping atheist"
nice buzzword

probably you are part of the falseflag

You keep your racism on Sup Forums piece of shit

Read the rules. Read the fucking rules.

If you can't contextually derive my meaning you're pretty hopeless. Sorry.