Executives judge early cut as feeling too much ‘like a war movie’

>executives judge early cut as feeling too much ‘like a war movie’
Wasn't that supposed to be the whole fucking point of this film? Can't wait to see how Disney interfere with Rian Johnson's vision for Episode VIII later down the line.

MORE FUN

MORE QUIPS

LESS PLOT

LESS

EVEN LESS

MORE FUN

LESS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

LESS BACKSTORY

MORE FUN

A FEW MORE QUIPS

VOILA!

>Rotten Tomatoes Score: 98% fresh

use the catalog

B R A V O

Well there goes any hope i had for this.

>Much of the cast and director Gareth Edwards will regroup in mid-June for another round of shooting. The move is happening after execs screened the film and felt it was tonally off with what a “classic” Star Wars movie should feel like. The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.

>The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

>“This is the closest thing to a prequel ever,” a source tells THR. “This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins. You have to match the tone!”

>Ask for a gritty black hawk down, saving private ryan infused SW movie
>Be mad when the director delivers it

Fucking hell

You wanted Disney to take over?

Well, you fucking got it.

Star Wars is getting the same bland treatment that Marvel got.

maybe it just needed more quips

More cameos

>YOU WILL LIVE UNDER THE ANARCHIC REIGN OF QUIP KINO

What a time to be alive Sup Forums

>You have to match the tone!

lmao

>This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins

Hm this is a pretty good clue. It ends with the Empire gaining the location of Princess Leia's ship?

Source?

>but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.
It's called star wars, you know?

>MORE QUIPS. THE CRITICS DEMAND IT
I mean Jesus Christ, I didn't like BvS but the lack of funny lines was not that movie's problem.

Good I'm glad they're lightening the tone.

I'm going to take my wife and her son to see it so it better be kid friendly.

>felt it was tonally off with what a “classic” Star Wars movie should feel like
Isn't that the point of it being a spin-off?

I thought she was with you

FUCK YOU DISNEY

>Star Wars
>Wars

baka

Honestly the entire tone of the trailer they put out was very jarring.

Felt like everything was lost, why are we fighting, look heres the magical negro, watch as he tells us everything is fucked. But wait, here's our heroine to save us!

It just fell flat.

and you know that that's ALL they give a shit about. FUCK FUCK YOU DISNEY

and what is wrong with that? it makes more money
only a retard would try to find good cinema in hollywood. its time to embrace independent like the rest of us patrcians :)

Jar of Piss

You sound like you didn't finish high school

Hopefully we get a director's cut.

>“This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins. You have to match the tone!”
What the hell does that mean? ANH opens with a fucking consular ship being chased and attacked by a massive warship, a hostile and violent boarding, a bunch of men being shot to death, and a guy getting choked out and thrown against a wall.

Fucking retards think Star Wars is light and humorous, or something.

The trailer was fucking great. It felt more like Star Wars than TFA did.

On the editing alone, TFA didn't have the feel of a Star Wars movie.

Don't forget a Sandcrawler and all of its inhabitants gets trashed. Luke's aunt and uncle are brutally killed. Then they hire a drug smuggler to take them to a planet that was obliterated to prove a point.

People demanded watered down, formulaic movies with inoffensive and disposable content, and Disney will deliver.

>Can't wait to see how Disney interfere with Rian Johnson's vision for Episode VIII later down the line.

So worried about this - don`t care about Rogue One that much to be honest.

Rian Johnson is the only chance of us ever recieving proper Starkino.

We won't Force Awakens didn't get any extended cut. Rogue One won't because Disney are assholes

Can't you star wars niggers discuss it IN A SINGLE THREAD

STOP MAKING 35 THREADS

It's fuckin Disney. They want this to sell to the new kids. New kids don't want wars, they want war-inspired quippy shit. Look at all the Marvel shit and those YA series.

>star wars niggers

Implying it isn't just anti-Disney memers acting outraged.

it's a fine balance which executives don't understand or know how to duplicate.

I'm not a prequelshitter but those films indisputably feel like Star Wars.

Yeah, because no one dies in MCU flicks. No one gets shot, no one gets their heads squished by a robotic arm.

>'''''''''''''Civil War'''''''''''''''
Prime example. Next is '''''''''''''''Star Wars'''''''''''''''''.

>this sci-fi/fantasy war movie feels to war-y
>I know! Let's make it a comedy!

Why are Hollywood executives the dumbest motherfuckers in existence?

>Star WARS
>its a war movie, change it
I knew Disney would be the most cancerous thing to happen to Star Wars, if Episode VII wasn't enough

they need to be definitive about what version of the movies is "real" or the whole logic of purchasing an expanded universe falls apart.

Makes sense - they canceled Rogue One prequel comic.

Probably re-shooting entire sequences.

*quips*

>ignore the point so I can still be outraged

You have no idea what the original cut looked like. Disney allows bad shit to happen in their movies. There's plenty of violence in WS, CW and fucking Pirates.

While Star Wars was not quipshit, it wasn't fucking Killing Fields or Saving Private Ryan, either.

FFS they knew what they were getting when they picked Gareth Edwards to helm it. Why can't the 'a star wars story' movies lean a bit darker/sci-fi compared to the mainline movies.

I blame Joss Whedon for this.

>Title says Star Wars
>too much like a war movie

Fucking ameritards.

>Rian Johnson's vision for Episode VIII
the only vision that has ever mattered is kathleen kennedy's

nice unsourced rumors that everyone will forget about in a week

It's a sense of grandness that's difficult to put into words. The OT and the prequels had the grand feeling of a Space Opera. That's where TFA fell down for me. It felt like a high-budget fanfiction. I got the same exact feeling from the Rogue trailer. That's one of the big reasons I didn't like the new one. It didn't feel like Star Wars to me.

>
Fucking retards think Star Wars is light and humorous, or something.

but... it is

Yeah, especially when the stormtroopers massacred the villagers at the start of TFA. What a riot.

Same, but for me it's because the characters, especially Poe and Finn, talk like they're in modern Earth and not from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Then they ruined the scene with
>Who talks first? You talk first, I talk first?

>prequel to a new hope
>the empire wins everything is fucked

who thought this was a good idea lmao, prequels in general are just a shit idea

its never really known what it whats to be, thats the problem with trying to appeal to every possible demographic simultaneously

Hey! White girl! You got a boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?

it has moments of humor to be sure, but I'd hardly classify it as a comedy. It's still a space opera about a rebellion fighting an empire.

The scene could've been really good if they didn't feel the need to insert that. It's like they heard that Star Wars was funny once and decided to ram that joke in without actually watching the movies.