Which is a true hunter?

Which is a true hunter?

Guy with a gun that anyone can hold, aim and the pull the trigger?

Or a primitive, slightly more savage - but equal, much more skillful approach?

Other urls found in this thread:

adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=subsistence.hunting
outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2012/09/where-aim-kill-deer-one-shot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A true hunter uses whatever approach is needed to catch his prey.

Dude on the right so fluffy he can't button his fuckin shorts.
>Hunter
>Savage

Kek

both hunters, asshole

If you're subtly trying to bash firearms, keep in mind it's next to impossible to achieve "one shot, one kill" with an animal, so firearms if used properly, can be much more humane.

The true hunter would be the one with the most meat at the end if the day. Hunting isn't the endgame, it's the mechanism by which you fill a freezer with dead meat.

Take a fucking guess.

Both you fucking moron, have you ever gone hunting in your fuckin life?

This.

Also, hunting is not about the tool of choice, its about how you use it. Its still about stalking the prey, lying in wait, and taking the shot.

As long as they eat what they hunt, I'm not bothered either way

Guns are too easy. If you're an absolute pussy then fine, at least go with a crossbow.

This bait would do better on /k/

yeah so why does it seem like every hunting video or just in general you never see hunters do head shots. It seems like majority of the time they go for the chest area, so anything thats not the head is not an instant killl

>inb4 gif of deer get its head blown off

Trophy hanging over a fireplace would look kinda fucking dumb with a giant hole in it..

The B chest is a larger target than the head

Why is there a random B I never put that

Idk about the guy on the left,but the dude on the right is Billy. He's been in some discovery Channel shows and has a YouTube channel. So you could watch those and conclude his hunting abilities exactly.

Therein lies the difference between a trophy hunter and one who hunts for meat. While there are more of us who hunt for food, the trophy hunter types love to flaunt their shit.

The guy with the bow could be carelessly shooting kittens tied to a fence post just for laughs.

The guy with the gun might be choosing the right target, waiting for the right shot and legally hunting to feed his family.

This only proves that OP is once again a faggot.

Hunting is for food, not trophies.

you can use arrows more than one time
every bullet costs

Wrong, in fact in America the man rich a rifle is more likely to be hiding and preparing to massacre individuals in a high traffic shopping mall.

What sort of fucking peasants hunt to feed their family's?

If anything id think it'd look more badass if you had a hole right in the center of its head. Shit if I could I'd throw hatchets at their heads and leave it there for the trophy wall

Also I know this, and figured thats why, but my point was to point out the other guy said it most likely takes more than 1 shot with the bows and is less humane. But since hunters with rifles never go for headshots, then they too would be considered less humane since they are just either mortally wounding the animal or just mutilating it if it gets away

True, but what hunter isn't proud of his exploits? And unless you eat the face and shit, that part would go to waste.

Nobody massacres people with a bolt action hunting rifle these days. It's all about those scary AR models.

Do you even know how much good arrows cost?

Its for both retard

>anything thats not the head is not an instant killl

Easier to put a round through a set of lungs as large as your torso than through a brain the size of a small apple. What's worse: rapid esanguination through the lungs, or slow bleeding to death after part of your face gets blown off?

Because with a head shot you are trying to hit a target the size of a fist and are more likely to wound due to a bad shot than going for the chest where a vital kill is much more easily achieved due to it being a larger target like the lungs. Even if your just hunting for just meat you would be stupid to do a head shot because it brings your chances of successfully getting the animal way down.

/thread

I said "could" Einstein. There is no way to determine the motives of those two people.

I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=subsistence.hunting

still you can use them more than once
other than bullets

Read this
outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2012/09/where-aim-kill-deer-one-shot

I go hunting at gay bars with my .50 cal suppressed. Some fags or trannies go behind the alley fuckin with each other, then boom double headshot. Less gays in the world this way

A true hunter is the one that uses the least amount of effort on the most difficult to master tool on the least valuable creature on earth without anyone noticing. I think soldiers who knive their enemies without leaving a trace are the true hunters.

The chest area is a larger target and still a one shot kill for a moderately skilled hunter.

If you hit a hard target you don't want to reuse an arrow. If you don't believe me, go ahead and use a compromised arrow with a compound bow. Arrows that cleanly go through a target get lost more often than not (you'd be surprised at how far they can go).

He's scared to post it on /k/ because everyone would be so unarguably right it wouldn't be as funny when they rage.

This

okay this makes sense then.

The act of hunting is made when people or animals go out to catch some prey. How and why exactly this is done is absolutly irrelevant for any discussion. And i would prefer a guy with a gun going out hunting with me instead of a half naked savage that couldn't kill a deer in front of him with one shot. Yeah i know, guns also can fuck of, but a gun has enough stopping power to irradicate any "disbelief" in it to be a proper hunting weapon. Think about it. Why are we hunting with guns nowadays? Sure, it takes less skill, but if both the bow hunter and the gun owner are skilled as much in hunting as one another and both go out, the guy with the gun has ALWAYS an advantage over the bow hunter. Firepower > Skill.

>shoot a deer
>miss one shot kill
>it still goes down on spot
>run up to it as fast as possible and put it down
Now lets evaluate that with an arrow
>shoot deer
>its not a one shot kill
>it has a barbed piece of metal stuck in it
>it runs away in pain the entire time
>you track it down
>after some time has passed you find it exhausted and in pain
Good fucking luck

Use primitive hunting methods or ur a bich

small area hard to hit.
aim slightly behind the scapula and you will destroy heart and lungs. its called blattschuss in germany.

Well done sir

This

The one that eats its prey you faget

Depends. If you mean hunting as a means to an end then I agree with earlier posters. Whoever gets dinner is a true hunter. If you mean hunting as a sport then they're both pussies, to be a proper sport both sides should have a chance to win by following the same rules, no animal has a victory chance against a dude in a tree with a ranged weapon. Take it on in hand to hand with a knife, hatchet, etc. And you'd be sporting.

/thread

blue is the scapula
green lungs
red heart

it ends the animal pretty quick if done correctly

exact same thing one just takes muscle

True soldiers only use a flintlock

The most skilled hunter uses his bare hand

Both. True hunting is about putting food on the table

Maybe not the most skilled, but definitely the hungriest.

You see, Humans do not have any claws and no real fangs to speak of.
We have the edge in intelligence, endurance and being able to walk upright.
Taking away a humans weapons and tools would be the same as pulling out the claws and teeth of a predator or hamstringing the prey.

good point too.

Okay well fuck me, I was wrong

>Someone admitting they were wrong on Sup Forums
Now I have seen it all

Well this is a first, good for you user.

Anyone who can kill without hot rockets is eternally more badass. What skill is there in making speed of sound Swiss cheese? It's always been true.

user, what the fuck are you talking about.

Bullets as opposed to arrows. Hands, or killing from afar. Ignore me.

Huh.
Didn't see that one coming.

check'd & kek'd