Really makes you think huh

Other urls found in this thread:

medalspercapita.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_Summer_Olympics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_at_the_Summer_Olympics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_Summer_Olympics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_Summer_Olympics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_at_the_Summer_Olympics
baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-gold-medals-from-maryland-athletes-20160811-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're actually swimming right now.

Lel

>"I'm going to post that thing again"

not our fault kiwis can't swim.

>muh anything but gold doesn't count
>get cucked on gold
>muh per capita
>cucked by phelps and ledecky
>muh swim swims
>thinking it won't be a repeat in athletics

Better get your excuses properly filed and certified

>objective facts intimidate me

>ameriswims

>Murriswims

hey, at least we have medals

facts that our athletes are superior? keep em comin

Such as being inferior at a specific sport? Who was it memeing about that again?

>other countries are shit at swimming

sounds like yall are the ones that need to get ur shit together

>ausbronzians
>ausfailians
>ausfags

The fact that you're Germany tier if it weren't for swimming.

For a country with 300m, the world's largest economy and funding larger than our GDP, that's actually pretty pathetic.

>'''Y-You only have the most Golds because of your total mastery of the sea!"

>>thinking it won't be a repeat in athletics
In what events?

America's only medals will come in obscure events like womens 400m hurdles and shit

>please be impressed by our medals in 50m freestyle, 55m backstroke, 60m butterfly, 80m crab walking, 4x90m dog paddle relay, 4x200 gliding and 100m aqua jogging

LMAO

>Masters of the aquatic domain
Tell me again why this is a bad thing?

He has a point, the number of different swimming events we have is pantsu-on-head stupid.
Also Ameriswim has more to do with their/our size and love of artificial chlorine shitponds, very little to do with genetics or whatever because any other white country is the same.

>Please be impressed by our medals in.....uh...shit, I want to say didgeridoo?

>4x90 doggy paddle

lets see the table with best event of every country removed

it will really make you think

You do realize Germany is the 3rd best all-time Olympic nation behind the US and Russia/the USSR, right?

>canoe 200m
>canoe 1000m
>canoe doubles 1000m
>kayak 200
>kayak 1000
>kayak doubles 200
>kayak doubles 1000
>kayak fours 1000
>slalom canoe
>slalom kayak
>slalom 2 man canoe
>rowing pair
>rowing four
>rowing lighweight four
>rowing eight
>rowing single sculls
>rowing double sculls
>rowing lightweight double sculls
>rowing quadruple sculls
>sailing windsurfing
>sailing laser one person dinghy
>sailing finn heavy one person dinghy
>sailing 470 two person dinghy
>sailing 49er skiffer
>sailing nacra multihull

really makes you think doesn't it?

at least anybody can fucking jump in the water and learn to swim. where the fuck am I going to find a nacra multihull, or a slalom kayak course

Olympics aren't completed yet, but let's look at London.

No swimming:

USA: 30 Golds.

No cycling:

Great Shitstain: 21 Golds.

Still the bottom bitch.

>per capita
Phelpslandia and Ledeckia reporting in.
>muh gold only matters
Outgolded by 18 medals.
>murican swimswim obsession
40 Mack Horton threads day one KEK

Australia, the only time they medal is in excuses.

Just won Men's Longjump over Shitain's Rutherford.

And Eaton is a lock to repeat as the World's Greatest Athlete.

Why is Australia's bastard child talking about medals?

>island nation
>can't swim

WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE SCUMBAG?

Might have something to do with the fact we have a population that is 6 times smaller than yours, but hey, no sweat.

Thanks, but remove Africans and swimming and you're suddenly worse than Germany. There's honestly no excuse for that, you're not dominant in shooting, riding, cycling, most ballsports, basically all field athletic competitions and weight lifting/fighting sports as well. You're the only first-world nation with more than 100 million people, you even have much more than that. You're olympic performance is very efficient but it is hardly dominant and you should honestly expect better, not only in terms of gold medals. There are a lot of competitions where the US isn't even close to a medal and that would disappoint me in your position, not even memeing.

More excuses than Brexit votes up in this thread.

You didn't read my post then, but that's fine. I fully acknowledge that the US is the greatest Olympic nation, I just think that you should rightfully expect more in a lot of competitions.

>just won ANOTHER Gold

>but remove Africans and swimming and you're suddenly worse than Germany.

How did you determine this? Sounds like it came right out of your fucking ass.

[TRIGGER WARNING: SUPERIOR STATISTICS]

Still losing per capita

PER CAPITA

medalspercapita.com/

Really makes you think huh

It was mainly a rhetorical device and the specifics don't matter for my argument, I've been under the impression that the US only accepts the very best, but apparently 'good enough' for Europe and third-world nations is fine as well. I just see much more potential and it's kind of sad to see it wasted.

No one remembers 2nd place

>muh per capita
Phelpslandia and Ledeckia

Saved to my american banter folder lads

>There's honestly no excuse for that, you're not dominant in shooting, riding, cycling, most ballsports, basically all field athletic competitions and weight lifting/fighting sports as well.

First time watching the Olympics?

Shooting?

First all time by over 30 golds. We also lead London in shooting. This year we did underperform, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Cycling?

5th all time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Rowing?

Second all-time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Boxing?

First all-time:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Wrestling?

2nd all-time:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_at_the_Summer_Olympics

No other country is as great all-around in a variety of different events than us.

Go ahead. Take away all of our swimming and athletics golds, and we still top the medal table.

We're also 2nd all-time in the Winter Olympics.

I guess our expectations are so high, you guys expect us to win 200 golds or something.

No country has even broken 60 in a non-boycotted games.

>cucked by phelps and ledecky
USA is 2 people so all other medals don't matter or you are shit proportional to your population
Pick one faggot

>medalspercapita.com/
>now this is a new level of butthurt

>muh per capita argument isn't applicable
>quick think of something retarded to say
New Zealand bronzed in arguing.

You have ridiculous standards. I could understand if we were falling behind but were doing better than ever before. How is doing better than everyone else and doing personal our best "not good enough"?

>point out an objective metric that ranks individual countries' achievements by scale
>U R LE BUTTHURT XDXDXDXD

Saved to my american banter folder lads.

OP here. I have always wondered how despite being an island nation, we're GOAT at rowing and sailing but meh at swimming.

Really makes me think 2bh. I'm guessing it's something to do with Maori and Pakeha genes better suited for sailing than swimming.

>P-P-P-PLS BE IMPRESSED BY US BIG STRONG GERMANS!!!!

Pathetic.

>all-time
meaningless for my argument.

You're also apparently satisfied with 5th places, that's a very nice Olympic spirit, but the US should aim higher. Maybe my perceptions of your country's potential are just idolised, you're probably more realistic in that regard.

>Australia beaten by Maryland per capita.
>Maryland in United States.
Really makes you think...

>He believes Fiji and the Bahamas are the two greatest sporting nations of all time.

>those medals in that sport don't count!

So your entire population is only 2 people?
Who are you Phelps or Ledecky?

Per capita they actually are.

The Soviets, at the height of their powers with a bigger population than the US, couldn't come in first in every event.

Other people, are um, athletic and good at sports too, you know.

They perform significant better than you would expect from their population size and wealth.

>hey, that sport we're really good at, let's get like 20 more of those

Oh nice we are still beating the US in the only worthwhile measure of medals. They were making it sound like we weren't with their 'muh per capita' shitposting.

Why did the American win gold at swimming?

Because he's so fat that when he jumped in all the water splashed out.

Both combined into the perfect swimmer/shitposter

Yeah, with the lack of infrastructure it's amazing that they won. The population is half of Auckland.

Tbh it's a national humiliation that we lost the Sevens. Rugby is basically all we have. Should have just sent the back row of the ABs 2bh

We can just use a single state, and we win the per capita battle.

baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-gold-medals-from-maryland-athletes-20160811-story.html

America wins again.

Maryland has 6 million people. Poo Peeland has 6 million people, and Maryland has won 6 times the golds.

Is Poo Peeland that shit?

>6 million
>Americircumcised education

>can't beat maryland
>can't beat the us
Even in your dream world, you can't beat us.

>remove Africans

Huh, it's like Africans are a central part of our history and national mythology as well as a large segment of our population.

Not even memeing. The shit you people will use to downplay our dominance is pathetic.

It is 2bh. We could have fielded a much better team. Hopefully this is the kick NZRU need to actually pay a bit of attention and effort to 7s

>Ameri9/11s needed slavery to be competitive in sports

Sad!

That' fine, I didn't want to appear too provokative, there are just some gaps in your team that seem unnecessary to me, like the throwing competitions for example, where you aren't even close to the podium. Just disappoints me a bit, because I still cling to this romantic view of your nation. Well, I'm going to sleep now anyway.

That's how irrelevant you are. Has nothing to do with education. You wouldn't take the time to learn about something irrelevant, would you.

>Quick google.

Ah, 4.4 million. You still lose per capita to Maryland.

So again, why so shit, Tongo?

>mfw turd worlders mad that a middle class American can afford to have a pool in their backyard

Our country is actually older than Australia you shitstain.

The white man coaches and funds, the negro plays ball.

It's a good recipe, and toned down slave relationships are more American than just about anything.

>I am uninformed
>has nothing to do with my stupidity

top kik

hey miurricans, here's a beanner making fun of your swimming skills too:

>New Zealand needs Peter Jackson to even exist

Sure the fact that there are 550 medals for swimming is dumb as fuck, but its not like the US are the only ones competing in it
git gud

Yeah normally I'd understand playing scrubs in the sevens because it's largely promotional but it's the fucking Olympics. It only happens once every 4 years.

We might have lost a test against Australia by sending our top guys but we would have actually gotten a fucking medal. Too much complacency. Even Valerie Adams got too cocky and let that American clutch her way to the gold.

Mad your 15 mins of fame are over?

Oh wait you're even more irrelevant than ausfailians

I'm sure you're uninformed about quilting. It doesn't make you dumb. Quilting is likely irrelevant to you, like New Zealand is to me.

tourists pls go

Plus, going after the high amount of swimming medals versus other high investment, low payoff sports is an efficient way to pursue medal count.

Actually have a degree in fabric engineering, wby?

Exactly nothing important is happening in rugby until the lions tour. I feel like with Wales we showed that our 2nd stream is competitive on an international level too so it wouldn't even be that much of a risk.

Yea Val started taking it easy when she was well in the lead, she seemed to be out of the mindset pulling faces and shit between throws. Sad 2bh

>ameriswims

man are you guys ever not obsessed?

success breeds jealousy

We should literally have North Island and South Island national teams to make it competitive 2bh

>he can't save the bantz quick enough
Have some more aussie.

We had more competitors in London

GB = 541
USA = 530

Rio

GB = 336
USA = 554

Lets not make excuses.
Eternal Anglo Love.

do they actually enjoy watching it?

bump