Max Landis is a fraud...

Max Landis is a fraud. He constantly bitches about the lack of originality when his movies are just copies or mash ups of other movies.

Chronicle is Akira
American Ultra is stoner Jason Bourne, Long Kiss Goodnight and Chuck
Mr. Right is a Tarantino/Shane Black disaster

his idea of making an original movie is "x meets x", he had a site that was a list of all the scripts he's written and they were literally all like that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4mt5eycsc
youtube.com/watch?v=ru6I9Cc9XnE
youtube.com/watch?v=KolenE1GCyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't be ridiculous. But that logic, RLM is also a fraud and know nothing of storytelling and filmmaking and comedy because of Spacecop.

Chronicle is very bad. That is all

Chronicle was entertaining for the directing and effects, otherwise the story was straight up basic.

His movies are terrible but I support him because he's a true 4channarian.

isn't he someone's son? did people even imply he was talented?

>constantly bitches about the lack of originality

Constantly how? He went on that one rant and it was about IPs vs non-IPs.

He's not talking about unoriginality, he's talking about franchises and intellectual property. You fucking idiot. You stupid fucking moron.

>11:11:11
make a wish :3

Calm down, Max. Has your father killed anyone other children lately?

>make retarded post
>get called out on it
>le hi max XD

kys

his dad was pretty good at killing child actors.

check the IP count, smart guy :^)

Guys, I'm worried about Max. Because of his bipolar disorder, he's prone to bouts of strange obsessions. Lately it's been paranoid delusions about "Big Pharma" poisoning us all, thus he's stopped taking his anti-retroviral medication and I'm worried that his HIV has progressed into full-blown AIDS.

That massive weight loss.

Those sunken eyes and cheeks.

Shaving his head because his hair was falling out in clumps.

He... He's going to be okay, right?

Space Cop was kino

>full-blown AIDS.

kek

ANDREW STOP
ANDREW NOOO

His dad was a mass murderer

Thoughts?

>mfw

Spoken like a true cuck

>just flip the premise, there you have an original idea.

>thanks Max Landis, you are so smart.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4mt5eycsc

Top cuck confirmed

from all the interviews I've seen with him, he honestly seems like a pretty cool guy.

plus with him being so outspoken on Twitter he seems to have a pretty thick skin and can take criticism well.

I wish liberals would learn the difference between racism and bigotry. Islam is not a race so you can't be racist towards it.

Angry female detected. Your powers don't work on him

Maybe he should write a thriller.

I liked the first two-thirds of Victor Frankenstein. Radcliffe and McAvoy had surprisingly good chemistry, and really the movie is all about their friendship. You don't know if Frankenstein actually likes Igor or was just using\abusing him, and it lent that first half a complexity the movie loses as it enters the third act. I liked the focus on the two scientists making the weird, disgusting rotting chimera prototype of the monster; the sequence where they show off Victor's tech at the college by bringing it to life and it gets away was gross and wicked. The good part of the movie culminates in Igor and Frankenstein getting hammered and then designing the actual Frankenstein Monster in a bender. After that, it devolves into Hollywood schlock hardcore, and it's disappointing no matter how cool the staging of the birth of the Monster at the end was.

>American Ultra is stoner Jason Bourne, Long Kiss Goodnight and Chuck

Isn't that pretty much writing though? Mixing ideas and trying to find what works?

Except RLM don't really give a shit. All of their movies are intentionally schlock. Max tries to write good movies but all of them are total shit except for Chronicle.

>ll of their movies are intentionally schlock

That a hack's excuse.

ok max cool thread

p.s your dad is a murderer

I like Max Landis. There, I said it... I mean wrote it. And like is a strong word. Perhaps more of a vague recognition that he has some potential.

he doesn't even do anything

pretends to write a script that is 100% edited and changed, yet they still have to give him cast credit.

he's a fucking loser jew with a murdering father.

Whatever, they seem to be a bunch of bros that enjoy making shit. They've never unironically defended their movies. Max tries to make good movies but they end up being shit and when people mock them he gets extremely defensive.

>>ll of their movies are intentionally schlock

Fucking hell man he was handsome.

Triple H fans are fucking gay

I like them too, but if all you can make is intentionally shit, it starts becoming obvious you're far too insecure/untalented to make anything good.

>Islam is not a race so you can't be racist towards it.
Because it's not Islam, it's Sandniggers. Nobody cares about Malaysians and Bosnians attacking us.

i wish you were heterosexual and found a nice girl

Have you seen his twitter, I had to unfollow him he was becoming so up his own ass.

yes I follow him on twitter. Usually he just interacts with fans/people who hate him. he's very opinionated, sure, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

>Chronicle.

Incredibly basic. I guess it seems good as it was released along side the shit show that was "I Am Number Four"

Hi Max

Early 80's Michael was the GOAT

He thinks we live in a classist patriarchy because the wifebeater vest exists, or the name of it at least.

how is that ''up his own ass''? I can think of a bunch comedians who have made that same routine about the wifebeater, I've never seen him claim that that's why we're living in a classist patriarchy.

I don't think anyone here needs convincing.

Blackish MJ best MJ

>there will never be a pop album as great as Thriller again

I'm pretty sure that Igor is supposed to be Max Landis, Frankensteing is supposed to be Josh Trank, and the fucked up monkey corpse monster is supposed to be Chronicle.

Max, be sure to wish Jennifer Jason Leigh a Happy Father's Day from me.

>There are people that will defend Max Landis

But he's one of us even though his movies suck

Who?

Well that's not what you set out to do as a writer, it's something you realize you've been doing all this time like halfway through the script, despair about then rewrite so people don't find it obvious.

Fuck that yank cunt, he;s going to ruin a staple of British comedy. There is NO WAY that he could possibly make it in the spirit of the original.

John Landis seems like a nice man on the surface but even Spielberg the king jew cut off all ties with him after the Twilight Zone accident. He might be a monster

>There is NO WAY that he could possibly make it in the spirit of the original.

yeah, he's making it better since bri'ish comedy sucks.

From what I read, he actually cut off ties with Landis because the latter held a celebration after he got off free.

Fuck off, shut the fuck up, and pack it the fuck in you cunt.

So they lack the confidence, guts, balls to ever attempt to make something good?

People actually look up to these hack cowards wow!

he's tweeted that he is an "apex redditor"

that doesn't scream someone who would fit in with the sensibilities of /t-

Oops, forgot that this board has been overrun by capeshit and GoT redditors, you're right he is one of you guys. i am no longer one of you.

yeah, no. british humOR stinks.

Remember that time max's dad killed vic morrow and two asian children and then got away with it because he is a high powered hollywood jew.

Meanwhile he's writing a superman comic.

He's a full on hypocrite. If he had the chance to work on a Marvel or DC movie he would jump on it like meth addict on crack.

>Chronicle is Akira

Can't be. Chronicle makes sense and is all around pretty good.

yes we got it the first 5000 times people posted this.

> Meanwhile he's writing a superman comic.
Give DCEU to Landis.

>Remember that time max's dad killed vic morrow and two asian children and then got away with it because he is a high powered hollywood jew.

Also it was for a story in the twilight zone movie where a racist white guy has to walk in the shoes of shitskins and learn his lesson not to be racist.

I feel like god even thought landis was being too much of a kike

How the fuck does that make him a hypocrite? He never said that that movies based on IPs should be banned or something.

Chronicle and Akira are nothing alike outside of psychic kids which is a pretty common idea. Haven't seen the others but I assume you're a retard.

oh, just wanted to remind you again max.
Here is the video with spooky music overlaid, its got a million views.

youtube.com/watch?v=ru6I9Cc9XnE

>complains about not being enough original IP
>works on pre-existing IP

YEP, NO COGNITIVE DISSONANCE HERE PEOPLE

I've never payed attention to anything Max Landis-related, don't really care about the guy or his work, but I cringe every time I see that haircut.

So, Mr. Landis, if you're reading this, don't dismiss your hair critics as "haters," we're genuinely trying to help you.

There is no such thing as originality, star wars is just a rip off of flash Gordon and samurai films.
Indiana jones is based off of old serials from the 40's.
Stanley kubricks most famous films are adapted from books.

ok that's cool. your time and resources would be much much better spent tweeting this at Max.

hell be fine

>Watch RLM video
>Oh no Max Landis is in it
>Give him a chance
>First sentence he utters is a meme
>Close video

At least Jay is able to admit he doesn't like his movies, Mike should be more honest but doesn't want to hurt Max's feelings. It's painfully obvious whenever they talk about him.

There's a difference between creative inspiration and mashing a bunch of gimmicks together.

Yeah, there isn't. He never said there shouldn't be pre-existing IPs, just that original IPs aren't get as much attention/being greenlit right now as they should.

Three of his four screenplays that have been made into movies were original IPs, and Me, Him and Her was an original IP. The recent script which he sold for like 3 million dollars or whatever was an original IP I believe.

But yeah, he wrote a Superman comic book, therefore he is a hypocrite.

u missed classic goat rich moment

youtube.com/watch?v=KolenE1GCyg

If you freeze frame it you can see the second the helicopter chops their heads off.

I'll put up with it for you, user.

Never watched his movies and at first I didn't like him because of his threads here, but I find his videos very insightful so I don't hate him.

>Three of his four screenplays that have been made into movies were original IPs,

Chronicle => watered down Akira
Dr. Frankenstein => Pre-existing IP
American Ultra => Jason Bourne meets Chuck
Mr. Right => Indie Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Me, Him and Her => A disaster of a movie.

I honestly don't get why you're posting this stuff at me. I mean I'm not complaining, go ahead and waste your time.

>Islam is not a race so you can't be racist towards it
Try stopping me, faggot.

Holy shit you are literally fucking retarded. Re-read what you wrote and think about how stupid you are.

>''3 of his 4 screenplays were original screenplays''
>proceeds to exhibit how 3 of his 4 screenplays were original IPs

Im a really big fan of on set studio safety requirements

>He constantly bitches about the lack of originality when his movies are just copies or mash ups of other movies.
He's explained it before, he means based on IPs with name recognition like young adult books or 80s movie remakes.

>splitting hairs

Also, arabs are a race.