Watchmen Co-Creator Dave Gibbons Slams Zack Snyder, Batman V Superman & DC Comics

Last week saw DC Comics release their big Rebirth issue which tied the DC Comics universe directly into the Gibbons and Alan Moore's Watchmen universe.

Gibbons didn't seem too pleased by that.

"I wouldn't make the question too long. All I'm going to say is no comment," Gibbons said when Rebirth and Doctor Manhattan were brought up. "I have no comment."

Gibbons was then asked if he consulted on Rebirth or if DC bothered to drop him an e-mail.

"No, they didn't. And that's all I'm going to say," Gibbons said.

Gibbons then went on length about his thoughts on the DC film universe, Batman Vs. Superman, and the Marvel Universe (watch the full video below): youtube.com/watch?v=m2tCWVKJaTg

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68814536/#q68815841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He praised Snyder repeatedly in that interview you retarded pleb.

>inb4 no one watches the video

> found the DCuck.
He slams every aspect of BvS and repeatedly says Snyder missed the mark

Watchmen is literally babby's first "serious" comic book.

That man's opinion isn't worth a shit.

>verve and wit
>verve
>wit
i swear they always say something that just asks too much of me

Why would they consult gibbons? I could see consulting Alan but he went insane after his wife cucked him with his gf

I can almost taste the salt by simply watching that picture made in a flurry of Cheeto dust and pudgy fingers.

What are some grown up comic books with mature themes, characters and storylines then, user?

the kino is too strong, this divisiveness is what nation's were built on

He repeatedly says Snyder understood the source material of Watchmen and did the best adaptation possible.

He criticized Warner Bros for rushing Batman v Superman but repeatedly praised Snyder.

Did anyone else notice how much he looks like Dennis Reynolds?

Transmetropolitan. Also Blankets and Habibi

>BvS was a misstep
>marvel is doing a good job

Opinion disregarded. Saying capeshit is bad is a reasonable view point (because they are actually pretty shitty films) . Saying one brand of capeshit is bad but the other is good is just embarrassing and he should kill himself. (Unless he means they are good for making money which he is correct then)

>going with the comic that'll immediately trigger >EDGY
>implying comics go anywhere at all without people saying EDGY

The very first thing he says about Snyder is that he's a talented filmmaker.

>tied the DC Comics universe directly into the Gibbons and Alan Moore's Watchmen universe.

wtf, so Dr Manhattan is in the same universe as Superman and everyone else?

How the fuck is that going to work, Manhattan could fucking disintegrate Superman or pretty much anyone in DC

Dennis is asshole.

y charlie hate?

>waahhhhh DC baby that cant handle the truth
>anyone who doesnt agree with me is wrong

t. confused 15 y/o

even better
Manhattan made the New52 reboot universe and is kinda the big bad of the new reboot crossover

also, Superman died and is replaced with four Super-people claiming to take his place.
never seen that before

The Evansposter is actually 39.

with the mind of a confused 15 year old apparently

no way, how do you know that

>I like movies for chinks and little kids

That's more your problem than mine

This can't be true. I refuse to believe it

He's 37
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68814536/#q68815841

>The Evansposter is actually 39.

Nice projection.

He shits on DC and gives Snyder nothing but praise. Also, he won't comment on the Watchmen crossover because he doesn't want to give anything away.

King of manchildren

>he still thinks its one guy

Got your phone and PC ready so you can pretend it's not?

Dennis is a golden God, don't compare him with hacks

He didn't

>hack

Apologize

Young captain adventure

I'm so sorry Snyder

BECAUSE DENNIS IS A BASTARD MAN!!!

See the Iron Man 1 making of, Jon Favreau would do a different story but he changed his mind talking with Marvel editors. Part of this meeting is in Bluray. Humility is essential to make movies of super heroes.