Www.strawpoll.me/10995127

>www.strawpoll.me/10995127

Notes:
There is no wordplay in the question itself.
The labeling of the shapes has no relevancy to the answer.
There is one, objectively correct answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/VgggF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4. No outline

>3. It's green

found 1 autist

4. No outline

also 4 is the only number that isn't prime

one is smaller than the others, 3 is a different color, 4 has no outline, 5 is a circle

1 for being small
3 for being green
4 fro no outline
5 for circle

why would 2 be the most voted??
probably rigged

2, clearly. All the other shapes have several things in common but 2 shares too many similarities to the rest to be similar to the rest.

2. It is the only one that shares an attribute with all the others.

>It's the only odd number, dumbasses

>The labeling of the shapes has no relevancy to the answer.

Which one did you leave out, and why?

>5?

I found another autist

>1, 3, 4, and 5
>all except 2

>HURRRRRRP WHY IS 2 MOST VOTED DURRRRRP

Autist doesn't mean "dumb"

Also
>1

Every shape has something special about it.
Every shape, but 2.

there's an argument for each option, that's why it's gr8 b8 8/8 m8 to post on Sup Forums

I did think it was green, but it is indeed number 2 because it shares all with the rest.

Sorry. 1 is not a prime number,

Yes, there is an argument for each option. Compare the arguments.

>dumbasses

It doesn't matter if it's fucking identical in every other way, the green one will be singled out first

but don't you see, the fact that it doesn't share the 'special' property also makes it 'special' in that it is also unique like the other options

You can't be serious

As far as i see there are four 'odd ones out'.
- one little object
- one green object
- one object without outer border
- one circle
Which are all equally different - therefore the answer is 2 - the only shape that is only one change in characteristic away from every other shape.
(If you took for instance the small square as a reference, and you'd want to describe 3, 4 or 5 you'd have to apply two changes, the same goes for every other shape except for 2.)

1 , it's small, and small things suck ass.

I am, and dont call me Shirley

2. It is the most dissimilar from the idea that all objects are different; all objects share characteristics of 2 whereas the other objects branch from the idea of it, so it being the parent object is the unique characteristic of it.

This

close, but this distinction also makes it the 'odd one out'.
OP is wrong, there is not 'one objectively correct answer'.

The one and only correct answer is #2: it shares one property with all the others.

OP here, there is one objectively correct answer. Eat a dick.

unqiue characteristic being the most unique makes it the odd one out, same point paraphrased.

it's 2 because it is not 2.
It's 2 beacuse there is nothing wrong with it, while for the rest you can say there is something wrong (small, green, no outline, circle) and therefore they have something in common.

www.strawpoll.me/10995127
>
>Notes:
>There is no wordplay in the question itself.
>The labeling of the shapes has no relevancy to the answer.
>There is one, objectively correct answer.

Number 2 is dissimilar from the other four. After observing the similarity of the properties of the shapes -- specifically color, size, shape, and outline -- I input the properties into a table in Excel and totaled them.

Basically, the normal shape, based on perponderance of proeprties is identical to #2. All of the other shapes are off by exactly 1 parameter. #2 matches all four parameters and is therefore the outlier.

I love the irony of the most normal shape being the odd one out.

1. Is smaller
2. Is normal
3. is green
4. has no outline
5. Isn't a square

2 is the odd one out, as it's the only one that has at least 3 relations with every other shape. (Size, colour, shape, outline)

This settles the argument completely. No further replies are required.

OP here.

Another way of visualizing it.

Oh wow, how cool. I think it's the second one.

You can form sets based on red color, border, square shape, and larger size. Each set has four elements.

Only #2 belongs to all four sets. The rest belong to three sets each.

Am I pathetic for keking?

they're all equally out of place.

Here's a handy imgur I put together. This shit's going on my facebook as I'm friends with a bunch of engineers. Thanks for the brain teaser Sup Forums

imgur.com/a/VgggF

2 is the right awnser because it includes properties of the other ones but none of the other one have all the properties of the others they are useally missing one of the propertys needed

2 because it's the only one that isn't odd

lol this q was unique

The second one because it is the only one with no unique characteristics. It is a square (other squares), it has the same diameter as others, it has a black border like others, it is red like others. All others have at least one unique, identifying feature.

>www.strawpoll.me/10995127

You did a spreadsheet? You aspie fuck.

>
>Here's a handy imgur I put together. This shit's going on my facebook as I'm friends with a bunch of engineers. Thanks for the brain teaser Sup Forums
wow cool tell us more!

2. It's the only one that has at least one thing in common with every other shape.

2. It's the odd one out because it's the only one that isn't the odd one out:

>1. small
>3. green
>4. no outline
>5. circle

Therefore it is 2.

No. 4 also shares an attribute with all the others.

obviously 4.

In case I need to explain the obvious answer (since this is Sup Forums)

you are looking at all of these objects from the top, what happens if you flip them and look at them from the side.

what did I win?

stupid

all you faggots are wrong, there is no odd one out

to a pleb it may seem like 1,3,4, or 5 are the odd ones out, but that is just pleb logic who didn't look at the others, anyone who says shit like "1 because its small" or "4 because no outline" is a pleb

to a slighly less plebier pleb (but still a pleb) 2 is the odd one out, for being the only one to not be the odd one out, so anyone who says "2 because it shares somethign with all the rest" or "2 because its special" is still a pleb

but to a true free-minded republican it is obvious thaat 2 being the odd one out for that reason MAKES IT AN ODD ONE OUT LIKE THE REST, therefore they all have exactly ONE reason to be special, and therefore none of them are special, 2 not being the odd one out, therefore, makes it the odd one out, which then makes it not the odd one out like the rest, simple, anyone saying "there is no odd one out" is NOT a pleb

so the answer is that none of them are the odd one out, next question

>tellem
>souljaboi

Either of these is true. How could there be only one answer?

they are all unique

correct
it is a poorly written question
OP has thought through a chain of steps to ID one piece and counts on the respondents to over think it... a simple and direct reason exists for each to be be uniquely excluded

3 for being a different color than the other ones

3 the only thing that remains absolutely true is the color.

Every shape has something unique about it. 3 is only one a different color, 4 is only one without an outline, 5 is only one that's not square, 1 is only one that's small. #2 isn't unique in this way, so it's the odd one out.

4 is out of border/box did I win

It's the circle. It has only three common traits: it is red, outlined, and of a size of the majority (it is "big").
It is especially outnumbered by majority/common shape, which makes it one more unit odder than the fourth figure.

Also, the labeling of the shape refers to the number given to each one, which means the numbers don't count. I'm not the OP.

That's actually pretty good. All are equally unlike eachother except for one, which is more like the others, and that is the odd one out.

2. It is the only one that is large, red, and square. All the others are only two of those three, but 2 is all three.

>the only one that is large, red, and square
*and outlined

the odd one is OP because he is so retard

2, for having something inb common with all the other ones

No wait I was wrong about that circle being it. This user got right

2 is the only one that has no feature that is unique to itself. One is smaller than the rest, three is green, four has no outline, five is a circle.

Given this, we can consider the second item to be the standard, and the one thing it has in common with most of the samples is that they're square shaped. From this, I will consider number five to be the most different, given that the change in shape is the most drastic and different.

it is pretty annoying, that image makes it harder to troll fags.

I am still going to go with my theory, you are looking at these object from the top. If you change your point of view so you can see them from the side you will see that number 4 is a baseball field and the rest are all skyscrapers.

yall dumb its 1 because it has the qualities and sameness as 2, but is also smaller, giving it more traits than the others

Could be all of them...

1. Small
2. Large Red box with outline
3. Large green box with outline
4. Large red box
5. Only circle

When I first saw that pic, I would have said 4

1 is unique because it is small
3 is unique because it is green
4 is unique because it has no border
5 is unique because it is round
2 is not unique in any way and is therefore the odd one out

2, because it is the only one that has something in common with ALL the other shapes. it's a square, like 1,3,4. it's red like 1,4,5 and it has an outline like 1,3,5. no other shape has all of those properties.

It doesn't have a border.

ma nigga

My god the symbolism

2 for being "normal"
im guessing
everyone is saying 1,3,4 or 5 but no one 2

2 is the odd one

the others have somthing completely unique about them

1 is the smallest, 3 is green, 4 has no outline, and 5 is a circle... 2 is the only one that isn't odd, so it is oddly normal.

2, because it has no individual identity.

>It's 2 beacuse there is nothing wrong with it,
Oh, there's something wrong it with all right. Why do you think it tries to hard to fit in?

5 because it's a fucking circle

there are 4 variables

size: big or small
colour: red or green
shape: square or circle
border: yes or no

1: s r s y
2: b r s y
3: b g s y
4: b r s n
5: b r c y

they are all different so each and every one could be the odd one out although the second one shares 3 features with all the other figures while the other figures share 2 features each so the 2nd one would be the most likely answer

Two's trying WAY too hard to fit in.

That's how you know it's the alien.

1, because it's smaller than the others.
2. because it's the large square that's both red and has an outline.
3. because it's the only green shape.
4. because it's the only shape without an outline.
5. because it's the only red shape that isn't a square.

They all have the qualities: Shape, Size, Color, and Border.

Some of the qualities are unique, some are shared. A circle is a unique quality, so is green.

1,3,4,5 all have a single unique feature.

2 does not (there are other large objects, other red objects, other square objects, and other objects with borders.)

>There is one, objectively correct answer.

Yeah no, there is multiple correct answers depending on your parameters, so define them better then their might be one. Fucking weak ass bait

THIS IS THE ANSWER EVERYBODY ELSE IS A RETARD. CONGRATS. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE

2 because it has no flaws

5 - square shape missing
4 - outline missing
3 - red color missing
1 - size missing

they all have flaws except 2

It's 5.

>The labelling of the shapes has no relevancy to the answer.
This rules out the prime number argument.

1-3 have the most in common. They are squares with outlines, and all are red.

The fact that 1 would have a different size than 2-4 is irrelevant, because there is only ONE answer, and 5 is also a different size

1-4 have more in common than 5 does.

It's a trap. Don't read to much into it.

thats kinda true, but 2 still is the most viable answer.

>proper explanation of occams razor
Going through philosophy in university, not a week went by where some Autist didn't raise their hand and say:
>the answer to this question is the one that is easiest for me to understand because of occams razor
>if I don't understand the answer to a question that's because it isn't simple enough to be true

No 1.The manlet

I expected a reply like this.
I decided to side this route after considering ALL possibilities. The method I finally decided on was to find the one with the most differences instead of focusing on similarities. It's easy to overthink, and stumble as your train of thought loops.

Let's weigh the differences.

5:
>Is a different size than the rest
>Is a the only different shape out of all available answers
>Has a border around it, making it different from 4
>Is red, making it different from 3,

The verdict: It's 5
Prove me wrong.