There has got to be a solution for this

There has got to be a solution for this.

could it be 48?

21. any other answer is wrong.

also fuck off this thread is shit.

>10+10+10=30
>10+4+4=18
>4-2=2
>1+10*2=22

having trouble seeing how it could be anything but 21

It's horseshoes MINUS boots you retard.

could you explain your answer?
I'm thinking 16 but I could be wrong.

There is no result as the symbols for a single horseshoe and a single boot are not defined.
/thread

Its 3.50

half of each

21. Anyone who says 22 doesn't know what bidmas is (or pemdas as the yanks call it)

First you add then you multiply? What did ya have from math?

Yes

Autism to the rescue

each horse = 10 x 3 = 30... so horse (10) plus 2 sets of horseshoes (4 apiece) = 18 then horseshoes (4) - 2 (pair of boots) = 2... single boot (1) + horse (10) x single horseshoe (half of 4 or 2) = 22 actually not 44... close tho

42, because math.

h=horse
s=horseshoe
b=boot

h + 2s = 18 , from line 2
3h + 6s = 54
3h = 30, from line 1
6s = 24
s= 4

h + 2(4) = 18
h + 8 = 18
h = 10

4 - b = 2, from line 3
b= 2

2 + 10 * 4 = ?
2+ (10 * 4) = ?, because PEMDAS
2 + 40 = ?

The answer to the universe.

horse equals ten
horseshoe equals two
boot equals three

Good luck
Twenty Three

misses the entire point of these autistic threads and doesn't account for the symbols changing
>mfw

>variables aren't properly defined, requiring assumptions about values to be made
>PEMDAS and all that shit, but still the final equation is intentionally written to be mildly ambiguous
>shitty math problem
>shitty bait

Answer is still 21 though

It's 22
Horse = 10
Shoex2 = 4 (Shoex1 = 2)
Boot = 2
Boot + Horse*Shoex1
2 + 10*2 = 22
Why is this thread posted once a week? It's the same trick over and over.

Correction, 22. I missed the fact that there was only one horsehoe in the last equation.

lets see so three horseys make 30, so a horsey is 10!

a horsey and four horseyshoes make 18 so a horseyshoe is 2!

two horseyshoes minus two stunning boots make 2 so a boot is 1!

a horsey times a horseyshoe is 10*2 which is 20, plus a beautiful boot makes it 21!

The answer is 21

>misses number of boots
>dumb nigger

Show how it CAN be 21 and not 22.

/thread

Was about to argue you, but then I noticed I was wrong.

Fuck, i missed the one boot also. 21 it is.

WHOOPS

Boot equals one

>what is PEMDAS
kill yourself

There's also one boot, buddy

read any other post about this, idiot
horse is 10. each horseshoe is 2. each boot is 1.
1+(2*10) = 21

Everybody saying 22 has a form of brain damage, it's 21

Answer: 21

Horse: 10
(Single) HorseShoe[SHS]: 2 (Assumption, as HorseShoes: 4.)
(Single) Boot[SB]: 1 (Assumption, as Boots: 2.)

Horse (10) x SHS(2) = 20
20 + [SB] = 21

Lot of assumption though, Different symbols could mean completely different numbers.

Already corrected myself, but thanks anyways.

Gotcha

clearly multiples of a symbol should be multiplied and not added.

20 + sqrt(2) is definitely the answer you niggers

44, so easy, there are some of these much more difficult

variables are well defined... if you can get a multiple boot and evenly divide said value fraction or not (ie pair of boots or horseshoes to half the value, even a fraction or decimal for the singular boot/horseshoe instead) its easily solvable as 703169439 shows... 22 final answer anything else is incorrect accordingly

21 ....you pieces of shit, god how far 4channers have gone, cant even use pemdas right smh

>>much autism
But you have a point.

One horse shoe and one boot

cant tell if good bait or huge retard so i'm going to bite just to call you a huge retard in case

Do you even understand how squaring works?

Your bullshit implies two boots make 2 because your multiplying a root2 boot root2 times.

1 boot = 1
1 boot * 2 = 2

8/10 bait for making me spell this out.

9/10 for me for ruining your fun

im saying its the value of a boot x the value of a boot
a number x2 is the same thing as adding it to itself which is what im saying might not be the case

we dont actually know im just fucking around
neither of us are right you idiot

obviously saying that one shoe is worth half of two shoes is horsesheet, same goes for the boots. If you only have one it is worth nothing.

So horse = 10 + 0 for single horse shoe + 0 for single boot = 10.

what did I win?

This

Fuck, I've been double-duped

A failure 2 algebra certificate, since they could represent different numbers, such as x and y.

Root2 * 2 isn't 2 you fucking nigger. It would be 2root2 good christ.

Give a round of applause for common core everyone, look how it helped this aspie with his math.

Good job Obama
Good job America
We have, as a nation, gone full retard.

says who

whoever is solving as 21... there are no parenthesis and PEMDAS does not apply... its solved left to right not as two separate arguments... therefore 1 + 10 x 2... 1 + 10? = 11... 11 x 2? so there we have it... 22... you dont seperate the argument as it is not defined as such... or the answer could be 21... except it isnt... ask a mathmetician to explain better so you can understand the problem

21 dickheads

/thread

10 + 10 + 10 = 30
10+4+4=18
4-2= 2
2+ 10 * 4 = 2.104

It's allways a pleasure, u dont have to thank me

but what if the value of a pair is found by mulitplying the value of each boot instead of adding the value of each boot. read the words i post pls

Can't tell if trolling or stupid..
Bodmas or Pemdas always applies, no matter the scenario in mathing up some numbers.

3horse= 30; horse=10
horse + 2pairofhorseshoes = 18; pairofhorseshoe = 4
pairofhorseshoe - pairofboots = 2; pairofboots= 2

singleboot = pairofboots/2; singleboot = 1
singlehorseshoe = pairofhorseshoe/2; singlehorseshoe = 2

singleboot + horse * singlehorseshoe= ??;
1 + 10*2 = 21

It's life, the universe, and everything.

And all y'all getting 22... smh.

It's a fucking linear system of equations in three variables.

faze rain did a video about this

Case 1: The value of a pair of boots is found by adding the value of each individual boot together.

Each boot equals 1 because 1+1 = 2.

Case 2: The value of a pair of boots is found by multiplying the value of each individual boot together.

Each boot equals sqrt(2) because sqrt(2)*sqrt(2) = 2

If only there was any convention for doing algebra with pictures of horses and boots.

Y'know, after reanalyzing the contents of this thread, I think the master troll of us all is the OP, for posing such a question knowing the thread would argue. When in actuality, all the answer could very well be is a one legged cowboy riding a retarded horse wearing only one shoe.

Then you'd have to do the same shit with the horseshoe. You can't have it both ways, fuckface.

as if there was parenthesis separating the horse and horseshoe... then it would be 21... 1+ (10 x 2)... but it isnt so just solve in process left to right... 1 + 10 = 11, then multiply by 2 for total of 22

2+2 = 4
2*2 = 4

man math is crazy

"2+10x^4=42"

Even though there may not be any parenthesis separating 1+10x2 in the way in which you describe, the next evaluation would be "Are there Exponents?" to which the answer is no, then the next step would be "Multiplication / Division" which 10 would then be multiplied by 2.

It's a failing on the instructor if they're going to use real world, QUANTIFIABLE items to represent variables.

>hurr durr stupid kids
>of course I'm talking about root2 of a boot and not one boot
>u hav F grade AIDZ lulz!!!!1!!

21 euros, antonio

You're all cancer fags if you get 22...

Oh damn... I just noticed the symbols changed in the final line... I was duped. Good one.

3x=30
x+4y=18
2y-2z=2

--> x = 10, y=2, z=1

z+xy = 21

21 you retards. Multiplication before addition.

Root2 * root2 != root2 + root2

Fuck off back to remedial math, Downsy McSyndrome.

If you think the numbers have to represent anything then what is one horse 10 of?
What is one horse shoe two of?

Since the answer to both of these is nothing it's pretty clear to say that the choice of symbol is meaningless and their real world properties should not be considered when solving this autistic little problem.

My math and deduction skills are lacking because of brain damage. At least give a hint.

what the fuck

Damn you ran out of believable bait. You had a good run though.

I realize that getting your brain cells fired up may take some time. Take your time, think about it.

You walk into a shoe shop and see a pair of boots you like for 100$. You ask the shoe guy for a pair in your size, he goes behind the counter and comes back with a single boot, it is all he has he says, he will let you have it for 50$.

Do you buy the single boot for 50$? Well, probably, you are autistic after all.

Most people would not. Two boots are worth 100$, one boot is worth nothing.

Multiplication has precedence over addition.

>user has a good argument
>better focus on the horse

This.
/thread

What if you owned a pair of the same boots and one of them was damaged but the other was in tact. In this case one boot would be worth something to you and you'd be willing to pay half the price of a pair for it. Don't make so many assumptions about who needs the boot when assigning it value.

This level of retardation could only come from /vg/

You always multiply and divide before you add and subtract (with the exception being things in parenthesis). That's how order of operations works.

Horse + Horse + Horse = 30
>3 * Horse = 30 -> Horse = 30/3 = 10
Horse + 2*Horseshoe + 2* Horseshoe = 18
>10 + 4*Horseshoe = 18 -> 8 = 4* Horseshoe -> 8/4 = 2 = Horseshoe
2*Horseshoe - 2*Shoe = 2
>4 - 2* Shoe = 2 -> -2*Shoe = -2 -> Shoe = 1
Shoe + Horse x Horseshoe = 1 + 10 x 2 = 21

Ding ding ding