Hows your country holding up?

hows your country holding up?

Better than anyone expected desu

As long as New Zealand is ahead of Canada I'm happy

3nd

Top 15. Very proud of our great nation

we never got more than two medals in one tournament but we have two bronze now. our best was gold and bronze in athens

>1 gold. 1 silver

Pretty good, swimming (which is usually our best sport) has been a distaster, but still doing well
We'll be picking up another gold in sailing today, so that 12th place is pretty secure

Top 8 bby. Rightful G8 member tbqh.

we have 0 (ZERO) medals.

Literally cannot fabricate such a thing.

An EU team would have 46 golds.

Not memeing or bragging, but why are we so high up? I don't tend to follow sports, do we usually end in the top 10? Are we just a particularly sport-orientated nation?

We win medals we dont expect to win
still pretty shit
Daphne needs to win the 200m

very good

But only women have won medals so far. Jesus christ our guys suck.

should be an event for military invasions

Fuck yeah 8, but I am kinda annoyed to be beaten by shitposters and roid users (Russia).

I hope France and NZ get more.

Swimming is only our best sport when we have someone winning multiple medals on their own (Kromo/De Bruijn/vd Hoogeband).

This time our gold contenders have underperformed but other literally who's have gotten us our golds (light double two in rowing is the only one that we could expect).

The ones that we expected to go far and failed:
Kromo
Schippers on the 100m
Dumoulin (people more or less had him on lock for gold, even with the broken wrist)
Polling
Grol

Thanks god we are Tennis gods.
Best sport desu.

this map is such fucking bullshit

you never invaded the US. how could you when the US didn't exist at this point?

you never successfully invaded Russia.

and when the hell did you invade Japan? or are you taking credit for the USA's victory in the pacific war because you had a few soldiers there?

That wouldn't be fair on other countries. You'd have to invent sports for them

>surrendering
>losing wars
>sucking the EU's cock

Bretty good lads

Cause all the guys play hockey and other winter sports

>you never invaded the US.

>you never successfully invaded Russia.
Allied intervention in the Revolution.

>and when the hell did you invade Japan?
Naval blockade until they surrendered.

Pretty good but not getting gold in womens tennis makes me mad as fuck
Didn't see the game, was it close at all?

>you never invaded the US
dude... how do you think the americans got there?

>chick this hot
>shares a room with her brother

UK has never invaded NZ

The maori asked Britain (who weren't interested in nz) to annex them because they didn't like the French (who were interested in nz)

wut, when the fuck did Britain invade Mexico?

If Hingis and Bacsinszky can win today we'll go up to 14th.

i'm still mad at Kerber for being such a fucking choker

are Germans the biggest chokers in the world?

>One gold
>Either gold or silver today
>Football failed miserably
>Rugby also failed
>Still some hope for basketball, hockey and male volleyball
Could be better but we never were a country that got lots of medals. The fact that we got one gold is enough for many.

Only dumb people expected Schippers to medal in the 100m. There were at least 4 girls in the final that are flat out better so she'd have to have been lucky or rise above herself.

Pretty shit. We have 4 more gold medal chances, if we don't take them there'll be a lot of questions asked back home.

Disappointing but still punching above our weight for such a small, irrelevant island nation.

Probably 3 or 4 golds short of where >we should be

>if we don't take them there'll be a lot of questions asked back home.
like what?

I'll be happy as long as we're number 1 in the north tbqh

Questions of funding, mostly. Our cycling team/rowing team will probably see cuts since they've been disappointing. The Sevens team will probably see a big shakeup before the next series.

not so good. two bronze medals. hopefully a gold in handball.

Silvers. Muh wish we luck a gold somewhere.
Not like we spend much on this.

struggling

Britain is classed as Northern Europe, famalamadingdong

unless you mean just Nordic states.

I want us to lose at basketball. The shitposting would be glorious.

Wasn't it the Dutch

Our government doles out monies to whoever wins golds.

Since no one is winning golds most sports will get their funding cut.

Yeah, just my fellow Nordic bros.

How many medals was France expecting, hoping or normally should get?

Boots on the ground = invasion. even if its friendly.

Hey where's Mexico? Surely I'm either just not seeing them on the list somewhere because I'm blind or there's been a mistake and they were accidentally left out..

Since your sevens feed into your union side, does this mean New Zealand domination is over?

I hope we'll win gold in fencing today and boxing might will for sure bring medals and I hope it'll be gold, but we're shit in athetism

To be fair that list could just as easily be called "Countries that Britain has been kicked out of, shaded in pink."

When the British Empire formally took obsession of NZ there was literally a french ship full of colonists on it's way to claim our south island

All we got from the dutch was the name of the country, they took one look at our stone age cannibal natives and fucked off quick smart

Pretty good, except fencing and Pellegrini letting everyone down
Aslo women volleyball being a fucking embarassment, while men are doing great

More than 30 is a minimum

We missed a lot at the beginning of Olympics, the worst was in tennis with our doubles supposed to be the best in the World BTFO in first round

Has that French heavyweight Judo champ fought yet?

Imagine what the French would have called you if they did colonise you. They would've probably changed your name.

>Germany

Really fucking sad.

2 rowing medals, but neither the eighter nor single.
1 athletics medal (based Harting brothers)

The 3 golds in bullshit sports (horse fucking and shooting) don't count.

We've still got a shot in handball, football and hockey, but I'm pretty dead inside at this point.

>I hope France and NZ get more.
>France

Let's not go mad here.

Yes, he won

>The 3 golds in bullshit sports (horse fucking and shooting) don't count.
Yes they do, and we didn't pay the IOC to host like 50 events of these to get gold medals like you did it with swimming.

Great actually. These Olympics have been above expectations for >us. Unexpected medals are the best medals desu.

These maps are a very loose definition of the word invasion. Almost certainly taken from the book - All the Countries We've Ever Invaded: And the Few We Never Got Round To

i enjoyed mediababby muh divina shitting the bed hard, while fencing was a real let down
CassarĂ /Baldini and Errigo were a fucking embarassment

also muh trazione rosa forced feminist agenda failed hard, Setterosa and skeeters aside our women were pure shite

Sevens doesn't feed into Union.

I read an article the other day about this and the Sevens team weren't even in the top 200 domestic players in NZ. The NZ rugby union didn't let players try out for the Sevens team because they didn't want to jeopardise the Rugby Championship and Lion's Tour. What a joke.

>you never invaded the US

1812, the British attacked the Mid-Atlantic region and set part of Washington on fire. You might not have known because Canadians always claim that they're the ones that did it.

Nouvelle-Provence

Sevens has always been split between NZ and Fiji.

We have the talent to field a better team but most elite rugby players want nothing to do with sevens or the olympics leaving nothing but meme players like SBW who are no good

Why is she so perfect bros ; _ ;

Doesn't that seem a little counter productive?

Sorry, I'm not American. I'm on vacation here.

But apropos swimming, there's another sport Germany used to be good at and then decided, eh, maybe not.

Rowing and track cycling. It's an infectious bronze mentality.

Let's all be nice, non-scary Germans. We work hard and welcome refugees and we will never, ever embarrass you at sports. As long as everyone is comfortable.

Good enough. Summer Olympics are boring af tbqh.

Topper de kek

>Brazil paid $6.2 billion to get a home advantage in the Olympics
>this lead to 1 (one) gold medal
>$6.2 billion per olympic gold medal
>the medal is not even made of actual gold

Brazilians will defend this.

Also the men fencing team chocked hard
But yes i'm happ we wont have to endure more feminine dicksucking.
Also happy for based Greg last night, i used to train in his same pool

Yeah, it seems pretty unsuccessful so far. This was meant to be our big olympics where we swept cycling, canoeing and rowing but all our athletes choked

All we have left is Lydia Ko and Lisa Carrington

The sailing is still going well. Optimistically it could yield 2 golds and a couple of silver/bronze.

you've got it all wrong user.
They're playing the long game... the plan was never to be successful at THESE Olympics. The plan was to infect all the world class athletes with all kinds of diseases that Brazilians have built up a tolerance for and hamstring their competitiveness in future events. They'll all spread their sicknesses within their respective athletics programs and it'll be decades before a new, healthy generation is able to compete at an elite level again.

Just above Best Korea. Pretty good.

Our fencing team was complete ass, last time we didn't win shit with the team was 96'.
And we didn't even lose to Hungary, we lost to USA for fuck sake.

DENMARK BTFO

Sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>But yes i'm happ we wont have to endure more feminine dicksucking.

>I'm happy we got less medals because it makes me feel insecure when women win while I shitpost on Sup Forums
Literally you.

I've been surprised our track cyclists have delivered a few golds already, was expecting the kiwis or Aussies to smash it.

why has australia never won a medal in fencing

doing great per capita.

>men fencing team
yeah that's why i included Baldini/CassarĂ , Garozzo and Avola were actually up to the task, but when the third man has a 18-3 deficit it ain't easy

>i used to train in the same pool
really? are you Carpigiano?
anyway both him and Detti were great, could have been a double and they were so chill about it
not a single hint of arrogance, top lads

Australia has never won gold in boxing either.

The India and Mexico dumpster fire continues to burn!!!

Behind all the relevant nations and just going to get worse when Athletic sports are done.
But considering how our sport federations work(like shit) and how there's no infrastructures in most of the country it's still stunning.

>I'm happy we lost
Get fucked retards.

but why no fencing medal. it's been a sport in every modern Olympics. we didn't even qualify this year

it's mainly because i dont like most of them personally (Pellegrini, Ferlito),i would have been happy if we won with the women fencing for example
>really? are you Carpigiano?
i live near there but my shitty town didnt have a pool so i had to go there. I was never actually good and i dont know him personally but i saw him around and it feels strange to see him winning the Olympics now

> that misplaced knee-jerk Anti-Americanism

>USA
If we spend anymore time at the top we're going to get altitude sickness
>China
I expected more of a fight
>Great Britain
Winning the events they focus on, as good as they can expect
>Germany
Shooting and horses. Do they want to be cowboys or something?
>Japan
Kind of surprising, to be honest
>Russia
Considering they only sent thirteen athletes, this is a great job.
>Everyone else
Participation ribbons all around!

>Shooting and horses. Do they want to be cowboys or something?
Shut the fuck up you retard, without swimming you'd be behind us. "horses" is the whitest fucking sport at the olympics, the last classy sport there with actual history behind it. If you dislike it, you aren't white. If you aren't white you should kill yourself.
Daily reminder you'd be behind us without swimming, faggot.

>"horses" is the whitest fucking sport at the olympics

I guess that makes your success all the more shocking, eh, Ahmed?

And you'd be 11th without horse dancing. Bit silly to exclude events innit

Horses are food in Germany, aren't they?

wrong, i'm happy Pellegrini lost as she's an unsufferable cunt
i'm gutted Errigo, female sabre or Zublasing lost

as for trazione rosa it was a purely made up thing, but that's about media, not athletes
i'm just happy they stopped pushing it, not happy we lost