Any gas station attendants on Sup Forums? Just got hired at the local chevron, (oregon...

Any gas station attendants on Sup Forums? Just got hired at the local chevron, (oregon, so I will be pumping the gas) and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or a run down of how to do some shit, like connect propane tanks or pump gas. Couldnt find jack diddly on the internet. Thanks my negros

Other urls found in this thread:

eugene.craigslist.org/search/sof
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

califag here, there have not been gas pumping attendants here since about 1990. cant even imagine that shit now, fairly laughable.

you're over preparing... I do the same but it's a waste of time for a gas station. I have friends who don't give a fuck to the point that they're asking for time off the first month, don't call for 2 hours after being late, etc.

yes he will laugh as people pay him to pump gas, wonderful deduction

Scotfag here. I've worked many different jobs but not that one. The best advice I can give is this:
- keep your head down and do what they tell you
- try to get along with other staff and your bosses
- work hard and go to work in a good mood.
Do all this and you'll be fine

gas stations at night are so aesthetic

I hope you know your fucking wrong. If you acted like you didn't give a shit the local manager, who does actually take her job seriously would have your ass outta there so fast.

lol, right. cause gas station attendant isn't such a low paying job that it's a cliche or anything.

He gon' be stackin that paypa

Why would you work at a gas station? Don't you have any education whatsoever?

Stop doing jobs that pay nothing and demand most of your awake hours...

Seriously - it kinda makes me sad to read these posts here where people work as.. what.. cashiers.. gas station attendants.. whatevers..

You could definately do so much more.

Web development - hell.. with intense learning and minor monetary investment you could become rather proficient in front-end development and start making proper money within a month or so...

GET AMBITIONS for fucks sake..

I think you'll find its much harder to fire someone than just wanting them gone, in cali.

nigga he aint in cali

>Web development - hell.. with intense learning and minor monetary investment you could become rather proficient in front-end development and start making proper money within a month or so...

No. its 2016 not 1996. You don't just start doing that now and have business pouring in. You don't even fucking do anything these days anyway, it's all done by design software. you think anyone cares that I can write HTML in my sleep? waste of class time.

Sounds like a nice gig, dont listen to people who talk down to you because youre not working at a bank or whatever.

Just work hard and listen, it will work out nicely.

Good luck bro

hey nigger im happy with a low paying job. and im happy my state is so stuid they pay people like myself to pump gas. win win motherfucker

I run a growth agency and part of what we do is e-commerce sites and web pages...

We are having trouble outsourcing front-end developers because they are all occupied with other projects...

We pay them more than generously for quality work.

well thats odd because he is directly responding to my stories that took place in cali without any need to respond at all

fuck your gas station job, I didn't ever imply I worked at one btw. Just said I have friends with shit work ethic.

really? Motherfuckers probably a white, 18 year old male looking for a part time job. how unusual he would work at a low level local establishment that is hiring. fucking crazy shit man

you're acting like you snagged a rare position oiling up models for a bikini contest. its just pumping gas you stupid nigger, and that thing where they pay you to do something is called a JOB, it's actually pretty common.

Next time don't act so "stuid"

>im happy to be in a dead end job, and mom is off my back
have fun with that kiddo

underrated

Thanks man

Shit they still do that there? It's all self serve here, has been for like 10 years. I'd pay a nigger to pump my gas.

As I read that I mocked your voice

fucking nerd

OPs post literally says he lives in oregon fucktard

Merely expressing my opinion here.
And perhaps I am not even talking to OP here - perhaps I am talking to those who are no longer 18.. or perhaps they are 25+ and still doing the same or similar job as OP is going to be doing.

oh wow you CAN read! amazing!

Now go back and read the thread instead of the last post, dipshit.

I'll work with you faggot

Learn SQL, data jobs are easy as fuck and the sector is growing as the entry level drops.

Sure backend is also needed - definately.
Simly suggested HTML to get the basic understanding of how code works and start earning money from home/office not wasting time not improving at a gas station.

Im acting like I have money to support myself. Just got outta foster care and I just want to make my way. You get support for housing if your going to school or working so think whatever you want, I am happy for the safety and comfort having an income provides, and I look forward to where I may go from here. I am happy to have a realistic job, and Im happy to feel like I have a chance

HURRDUURRERRDERRRR

Had one of these jobs when I was a teenager. It was quiet (only a few customers a night) and was all round easy work. I got to read, use my phone etc.
And I got paid $24/hr
Was the best and comfiest job I ever had

Make sure to ask to check their oil also make sure you really are giving them full service I.E head that will get u good tips ( giggity
And repeat costumers

Theres still places that have a has pump guy?

I worked at a seven leven in florida. Right by the airpprt so we always get out of towners. Litteraly no one from out of town understands the concept of prepaid pump yoir own gas. Every other day i repeat the sams phrases. Its pre paid sir. Tell me how much you want to pump and ill set it up. What if i pump less? If its cash come in for a refund ofbthe remainder. Credit debit automatically refunds change. May take a day tops.

Ps sorry for typing mistakes. Distracted by the shit im taking

Since not from US, is 24/hour a lot? (or did it use to be back when you worked there?)

Im sure it is not a lot - a lot.. But for an European, it sounds rather good.

Good advice/10

Do any of you fuckers actually know how to use a gas pump? Its not like nigger asked for a debate on social implications of working a low end job vs the success you fuckers expect from him. Pretty sure he was just looking for some tips. Not that I have anything remotely useful to add myself

I know HTML and SQL and can learn whatever I don't really fucking fast, how do I get started in that sector? Even entry level data entering? I'm good with spreadsheet too. I can also type really fast and accurate when on a computer. On my phone now.
>Tits for your time

Why would people even need a pump guy? Its almost as stupid as UK not letting customers throw away their leftovers at the joint, but have specific employees who's sole purpose is to clean up the tables..

I worked at Circle K for 3 years. Some tips..

Card everyone for alcohol, the board of alcohol will send people in with local business uniforms to try and trick you. If you get busted, they treat you like a criminal. I had a coworker get fucked up and she actually did 4 days in jail in conjunction with never being able to work with alcohol again.

Be nice to everyone, REALLY nice. A lot of the time at night, people are having a rough night and just saying hello and asking people how they're feeling might save your life if they have been up for a few days smoking meth so they can work two or three jobs to survive.

Get to be on first name basis with the police. They will come by a LOT and if you offer to make what they'd like for them, like hot dogs, nachos, a certain blend of coffee, whatever they want, make it happen. Often times they will hang out and it always made me feel more safe than I actually was.

Get an MP3 player. Night shift gas stations are great for audio books or albums. You need to be able to use your hands so Game Boys are out of the question but a good book makes a 10 hour night pass really quick.

Learn what products are being used for drugs, keep them behind the counter if possible. Facilitate drug users as most you can, their life sucks and anything you can do to make it easier on them, do it. Brillo pads are for smoking crack, 90% of glass tubes you get with novelty lighters or cash registered shit are used for smoking crack or meth. Tinfoil is almost always for meth, no one is going to buy $8.00 of tinfoil when it's one dollar at Wal-Mart at like 4 in the morning.

Don't turn on the fuel pumps for anyone you don't know well enough that they'd feel bad for fucking you over. I had regular customers for years and they'd fuck me over and never come back for $50.00 of gas which I had to pay for. Prepaying sucks but you won't owe anyone money at the end of the day.

Don't keep 20's in the register.

yummy titties

Ialways put sales asassociat as my previous gas station job description

Sure support yourself, everyone needs a first job. And just having job experience is a plus on a resume.
School is better though, get a 2 year degree, then find a desk job and go for a 5-6 year degree while you work. It will go slower, but time in general goes by quickly.

Thank you! I really appreciate the tips man

Well, not knowing anything about your location or anything - I can give you some advice. It is bad advice, but it is a start.

Sign yourself up to various freelancer portals and start doing the gigs there.

Most of you will think of the jobs there as underpayed and whatever.
Well - yes they initially are.
But as an agency we have used various freelancers from there and we have been really satisfied with the quality.

Now we have projects for them to keep them occupied almost every day of the month. At higher prices than what the freelancer webpages offer.

(most of you will hate me for this advice - but it is what I would suggest if you are just starting up)

>Brillo pads are for smoking crack, 90% of glass tubes you get with novelty lighters or cash registered shit are used for smoking crack or meth. Tinfoil is almost always for meth, no one is going to buy $8.00 of tinfoil when it's one dollar at Wal-Mart at like 4 in the morning.

Man I've smoked a lot of crack and you're so right, kek.

Ausfag here dude. And considering most 18 year olds made like $16 and hour roughly, I was soo lucky.
It was the perfect job for an introvert

I live in Ontario, Canada. Outside of Toronto, in a city called London. Sorry should've mentioned that. Thank you though.

Well, I know nothing of how things work in US, but in my country we have these freelancer groups on facebook where people, almost every day look for developers and often enough, they don't find one, because most of them are just busy with other projects.

Look for those fb groups as well.

>Sign yourself up to various freelancer portals
What even is that?
>underpayed
Gimme an example

>Well, I know nothing of how things work in US
Well, I live in Canada. I'll assume you mean North America.
>Facebook
Is that imperative for this type of work? I haven't had a Facebook since 2010 man...

Craigslist, found my last 3 jobs through there.
>eugene.craigslist.org/search/sof

When looking for a job, interview at several places with no intention of taking the position, before you go for the interview for the job you want. This will give you interview experience, provide an opportunity to test your resume and presentation skills, remove the stress from the interview process.

Also find a job req and make yourself fit it.

>Quality Assurance Analyst
>5+ years of software QA experience - School and personal studies debugging code at home
>Strong problem solving and analytical skills.- School and customer service experience, bring example
>Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster teamwork and build productive work relationships. - customer service team lead (gas station attendant)
>An understanding of the software development life cycle, including, but not limited to, Agile software development methodology and QA's role(s) in it. - READ THE FUCK About Agile, new buzzword everyone is eating it up
>Experience with test managers like Test Manager or TestLink.- google that shit
>Experience with defect tracking tools, especially JIRA. - Google, also google 6 Sigma
>Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels. -bring examples

Well, a for underpayed - in my country we pay around 50-60€ per hour to front-end developers.

On the freelancer portals we pay around 20$ or so. It is really cheap. But now that we have found developers of quality - we pay around 40$ an hour.

As for examples. We have used freelancer.com, but go ahead and google "developer freelance jobs"

Sorry - Yeah - its all US to me. Rather ignorant of me, I am aware.

As for Facebook - no - you don't have to. But lets face it - if you are just starting up.. you have no bloody right to be that picky :) . Or whaddyathink

You're going to get shit by a nigger

I hope my "stop wasting time - start earning money" rants have at least been helpful to some of you here.

Wow, thanks a lot. That's pretty fucking informative. I'm gonna test the waters cuz I'm sick of my current job.

Be sick! Thats the fucking right spirit.

I started my first company over 5 years ago.
Worked year and a half as a senior designer at a start-up. Pay was great. But it felt worthless, cause I was doing it for someone else.

Now I am running my second company and I don't think I ever want to go back to "having a job"

Yeah if you're talking about coding, then they are indeed faggot. Although what I'm doing more isn't really wasting my time. I want to be paid more money for less work.

no, no they have not. also please kill yourself kiddo. thanks lil man

Also a very good goal to strive towards.

At some point, stop working altogether and set up a passive income. Thats the life.

That's not black monopoly, that's real life for niggers.

That's my goal dude, own property and what not. Lots of it, not just *A* house. Also, to have my money work for me.

wear a bulletproof vest
96% of gas station workers get shot

wow what a selfless individual

>96% of gas station workers get shot

Although sound advice, I'd have to argue with your statistics.

Thats the right attitude. Those who say otherwise are most likely just jealous or stupid.

The world is a harsh place and we live for ourselves and our families.
People who want to succeed - will succeed if they actually want to.
The ones who don't want to be successful and prefer to talk about government conspiracies and how big corporations are downright evil and whatever - they will be working as cashiers even after they are 25.. 30..

Yeah, been here for... over 2 years. Most days are smooth. Usually I work the over night shift. Today I'm doing the 8-4 daytime. Only 7 more hours to go.

Worst part of the job is the people usually. Besides the low pay of course.

What do you do with the time you are there?
Anything useful to advance your life or just wait there till the shift ends?

Smoke weed in the back and fap to loli.

Brian?

Pretty sure it's still a law in New Jersey that people can't pump their own gas, but why that is I have no idea.

I really hope that is someone else answering for you.

Otherwise I feel really sorry for you.
but..

Thats the worst part. I don't fucking feel sorry for you. You are fucking content with having such a life as you are not doing anything to change any of that

Is that really all you fucking want from life? To be a gas station dude? Earn awful money - always jealous of the people driving nice cars and living in big houses and all that.
Jealous of people who don't have to work anymore. But hey, you comfort yourself by saying that they most likely got all the money from their parents and never had to work for it.

Don't you fucking want that for your own kids some day? Do you want them to follow in your failure footsteps?

If that is all you really do with your time there - you have no fucking right to be jealous of anyone else's success. Or make claims as if corporations and countries are out to keep you poor.

Are people in New Jersey known to be idiots and unable to manage a gas pump?
I don't think I have ever in my life seen anyone be a gas pump guy at a gas station. Why would I want to pay anyone for a job even a child could and would manage? Hell.. thats not even a job - its too easy to be called a job.

My gas station nigga!
I work at a service station too, it's the BEST money/labour gig you can get!
Fuck, the biggest issue is how stupid and frustrating your customers will be, especially old people.
Someone asks you to clean their windows, do that shit
Someone asks you to check their oil, find the oil stick, take it out, wipe it clean, put it back in, pull it back out and if it's inbetween empty and full tell em it's fuckin fine.
Windshield washer goes in the windshield washer container, hold the bottle sideways so it pours nicely.

hahaha fuck i can't believe this thread
dude I love the job so much I have a texaco gas pump tattooed on my

Enjoy it while it lasts buddy!

Stand around. Clean. Look busy.

Mostly listen/watch youtube videos to pass the time. Browse the internet.

There's a family run gas station in my neighborhood that still had people that pump gas for you. They mostly just stand around and ask if you need help and most of the time people just say no thanks; so I guess be prepared to stand around doing nothing and helping the occasional old person when they come by.

Thats not that much better so my previous rant, unforunately, remains valid.

Switch watching/listening to random videos to listening to valuable podcasts or audiobooks to actually obtain a skill that can start paying double or triple the money you earn per hour..

I keep bringing up front-end development, because I know it is super easy to learn it - takes no money to obtain the necessary skills and is in constant demand.

But ofcourse there are so so so many other jobs similar.

It is hilarious seeing people from NJ trying to figure out how to pump gas in other states, but I think the reason it's illegal has to do with some old experiment that had proved that gasoline was carcinogenic, and the law was made with the idea to protect consumers from the harmful effects. Which makes no sense of course because the fumes would still be carcinogenic and you can't really protect people from those, but dumb laws get made because of health scares all the time.

I work at 7-11 Oklahoma (same logo, different company). I get paid 14.65 an hour to bullshit and watch hot bitches all day/night

Don't ever ever fucking fuel diesel wrong. They'll charge you for repairs and fire your ass so fast happened to my buddy when I was pumping gas. But most of all stay ambitious attack new opportunity. I was making minimum wage pumping gas when I moved to Portland last year. But now I'm working full time making 17.50$/HR. Atyack jew challenges. It will pay off if you try

My family already has a lot of money and property coming to us through inheritance. I'm just working to have cash on hand and it's a simple enough close job.

During my time here I've noticed the worst customers, the ones who give me the most trouble are middle age white men. Not Mexicans, not blacks. White guys. Now I know what people mean when they say White Entitlement.

If you have some frontend task please share - I have 10+ years of experience. We can connect - [email protected]

I would personally be embarrassed to even tell anyone I work at a gas station or as a cashier or similar.

Some of you might say that these are very valid jobs.

And I would tell some of you to fuck off and stop being content with below average.
Get a proper job / start your own company -get wealthy. Be proud to say what you do - if that something that you do actually requires any skill.
Being a cashier doesn't require any skill... I dare anyone to say otherwise. Any extra skill, that is - being able to talk to people or press buttons or manage being annoyed by customers.. those aren't skills...

I am 27 at the moment - I plan on reaching financial freedom by 30 - so I don't have to work anymore. So my companies would earn me enough money to get by just fine.

That is my fucking goal.
Get one for yourself. Make it a difficult one.
Even if you fail - you are still way fucking closer than the others who haven't set a goal for themselves.

You don't have it all figured out.
Your plan is shit and you will fail

A dude just got murdered at a kwik stop here in nebraska. He was working the night shift.

I never claimed that I had everything figured out.

What I have figured out is, that I am okay with knowing that I don't have everything figured out.
That is okay - being okay with that is okay. I will get there.

I don't think any of us know people who, at the end of their lives can say - "yeah - I now have everything figured out".
No, we never fucking figure it out. Thats the journey - thats the fun of it.

My plan is not shit and I am on my way to actually not failing - the opposite even - my new (year and a half old) company is actually more successful than I had hoped for at this point.

Stop being petty and get a plan - get a goal and think of a plan how to get to that goal.

That is all - everyone can do it.
Well.. not everyone, but anyone.

I got shot at. Chased a meth head with a knife out of the store one night. Week later he comes back with a gun. Started waving it around (or maybe it was just withdrawl jitters) and the gun went off. Bullet whizzed past my left ear. That was my last night at the gas station/convenience store.

Just give up the money. It isn't worth your life.

My coworker locked the doors, grabbed a bat, got in his car and chased down a guy who stole two cans if beer. He got the beer back and the guy came back and apologized. :)