So i just unpacked this

So i just unpacked this.

What should I try to play ?
What patches should I try ?

Never played keyboard so that'd just frustrating/boring for now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FSNtSSuhdo
youtube.com/watch?v=MFKhBBuhFCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

make your own patches.

buy a better phone
buy a life
buy anything but a stupid synth

Get off my Sup Forums

What kind is it?

MS20 mini

>don't play keyboard

Why even go analogue, even if you did play?

Nice bit of kit. Get droning.

Because it's hipster, of course.

>Keyboard
>Mono synth

Pick one

inverted ADSR CV to filter cutoff is always good

or sample and hold LFO to filter cutoff and fuck around with the resonance

also: save up for a real synth
also also: enjoy your shit tier Hz per Volt that doesn't work with anything other than Korg gear, the rest of the world runs on Volts per Octave nigger

Analogue master race. Tactile, versatile, fun and with a million times more soul than digital softsynth shit. Not that you couldn't make a hellish row using some software synths alongside this.

m'kay, maybe next time :/ lot of stuffs going on there.

Ah, thought that was the generic word for anything with white and black keys. my bad.

For the well expected thrill and well you know, to experiment try to understand how it works and eventually come up with ideas.

Does the MS20 do oscillator sync? My brother has one, I can't remember if there's a sync input. If there is, sync the oscillators, modulate OSC2 with a slow triangle wave. Sounds incredible on the MakeNoise DPO module, maybe the MS20 lets you do the same thing?

>Why even go analogue

Once you've used a modular there's no turning back. Analogue synths are incredibly versatile, you can pretty much patch any CV to any input. Trigger a sequencer clock at audio rate from a square wave, use a VCO as a high rate LFO, connect other bits of electronic gear in as CV sources, there's no end to ways you can make fucked-up noises.

And occasionally, music.

La Campanella

>tfw poorfag like me will never own such nice things

buy a life
Get off my Sup Forums

lol

just press the demo button

Dont try to play songs but just learn what everything does get a feel for it as an instrument then then music will come

>What should I try to play ?
hypersaw. oh wait, it cant

Modulate the filter, not the oscillator frequency, unless you want to sound like a cop car siren

Just play around and make some basic melodies. Record them to a computer or tape as you go. Play around with them in Audacity.

As for patches just learn the basic functions of the different components/parameters and think of what might sound cool. Your usually sending a voltage to a control voltage input.

get weird mayne

take a look here;
Lot to experminent with

20patch.constructingtowers.com/

bro can you livestream? Twitch that shit

None of that is specific to analogue synths over digital ones.

And OP, build yourself a Serge SSG.

Just shut up man you clearly have no idea what youre talking about if you dont think analog is superior

Is it the mini or an original ms20? I'm too retarded to tell tbh.
Pic related got the mini myself

does AS348 mean anything to you? Also, make a patch with a positive filter envelope, w/ a high resonance lo pass filter, so it ramps up

Tons of soft synths let you do weird patches. Plus only way to get good FM. Analog has its pros but digital/soft is more than enough for the poor musician.

True, some digital syntha may allow cross modulation but I don't know of any way of running a digital sequencer at audio rates. Can't be done, every digital sequencer will crap out around 300bpm. I can run the MakeNoise Pressure Points/Brains combo from at least a 1kHz square wave. That's 1000+ pulses per second into a clock input.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FSNtSSuhdo

Play Running in the 90s for me and my memes

>loads of fucking gear
>has krks...

id love to hear your music bro, your mixes must sound like crystal diamonds trickling down rita oras pussy

keks

Indeed, but that still has nothing to do with the sequencer in question being 'analogue' or 'digital'. You're just excited about modular synthesizers.

As well you should be, fam.

never understood why both VCOs didn't go full range from '32 to '2

vision one - royksopp

See this post. You absolutely cannot do any of that on a digital sequencer.

Play yourself a soothing lullaby so you can sleep at night, knowing you own shit like that while the rest of the world is burning and hungry. Also your rig is shit. Get a korg and some beats headphones you pleb.

>Get a korg

you stupid, stupid fucking cuntlick

synth thread on Sup Forums?

This is the best 9/09 day of all time.
I just recorded a 10 minute track with my MS20m and Moog Werkstatt.

also this

youtube.com/watch?v=MFKhBBuhFCc

Not who youre talking to but im poor what do you suggest

> Anonymous 09/09/16(Fri)23:05:15 No.703230547 ▶
Play yourself a soothing lullaby so you can sleep at night, knowing you own shit like that while the rest of the world is burning and hungry.

To be honest that's the hardest part

Again, I agree, but that's not due to anything specific to the concept of 'analogue'.
The make noise pressure points and brains uses CMOS counter chips. Those chips are the fucking core meaning of the word 'digital', high-low binary logic.
It can do what it can do because it's optimized to do what it does: because it makes sense in a modular context. Analogue or digital doesn't enter into it.

i have a pair of krks. both burned and instantly blowing fuses.

krk can eat shit as far as i'm concerned.

I have a kaosillator which is fun af fam

>Get a korg
that's a Korg MS20 Mini you prick

I keep hesitating buying one, the patch connectics look so cheap

Torrent some NI stuff. FL studio come with Toxic Biohazard which is pretty nice (no patching thought). Also search google for open source/freeware synth plugins, a lot of them are at least decent.