Olympics BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=8uTOeB6UApw
Based Molyjew talks about what pissed him off about the Olympics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZkMc5bvuyQ
foxsports.com.au/olympics/what-australian-and-other-countries-pay-to-olympic-medal-winners/news-story/fdc88c3a27729dbbc85fb0b357787cd6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too busy watching volleyball now. Summary plox.

he hates how athletes dedicate their life to a sport but don't get paid

Who does he hate in this case? The athletes or the ones making money off them without paying?

The states and the organizers.

He's right tbqh.

They should old the Olympics only in rich countries where they don't have to build new fucking stadiums.

This is literally unwatchable, it's that cringe. He has that condescending autist tone down pat.

literally who?

The Olympics aren't that constructive
If the athletes want money get a real job

The great philosopher of our age desu.

>he hates how athletes dedicate their life to a sport but don't get paid

Not surprised

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZkMc5bvuyQ

Oh look, another "taxes are bad" video that could be 2 minutes long but he takes 19 minutes to make a point

Stefan "Hades for the Gold" Molyneux

Molymeme is a faggot

As much as I admire this guy, he should have waited until the Olympics were fucking over before commenting.

Also, he posted his opus about the Roman Empire just when the Olympics started, which will not help obtaining maximum viewer counts.

That would ruin the spirit of the games in my opinion.

I like that the Olympians are basically hobbyists because it requires way more dedication than if we just paid people.

The greeks didn't get paid for it 2,000 years ago and neither should the athetes now. This is one of the oldest traditions we have in the world and we should keep it that way.

Also paying athletes would skew the results toward America even more because more athletes would try to qualify. Getting to the Olympics is a reward by itself. A true competitor knows this.

I think it's adorable that so many middle-class and lower-class athletes will train their whole lives to perform for FREE at a sports festival, just to help so the IOC brass & corporate sponsors can make billions.

Let's not even mention the billions in tax dollars that go straight to the IOC.

And that "Olympic legacy" of a MASSIVE local debt, a few repaved or widened roads, a community centre and some rarely used specialty stadiums.
There really is one born every minute.

Excuse me?
WE are paying THEM the privilege to do nothing but compete in sports.
If that is not enough for them, then they are quit any time and we don't have to give them the money.

Chinese athletes get paid a shit ton by the government to get any medal. Just move to China if you want money. They also pay for trip expenses.

I dunno about in Canada but over here becoming a gold medalist at the olympics ensures very lucrative advertising contracts and a lifetime of cushy television appearances that pay big money

Not only that but it's also very easy to go into coaching off the back of it

And not everything in life revolves around money, I would imagine a gold medal is an extremely satisfying accomplishment in and of itself

some polack pseudo intellectual, great genius of our time lel

>move to China
NAH

This
These fags don't get it. There are enough people who love even the meme events to make it economic for national level participants to coach it for the rest of their lives. Some of them in comfort. Look at the weightlifting comm on BBC. If even /lift/ fucking loves her, you can guarantee her UK gym will be rammed out for years.

SELECTION OF ESTIMATED OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL BONUSES (All figures in $A)

>Singapore $983,000

>Indonesia $500,000

>Azerbaijan $333,000

>Kazakhstan $300,000

>Italy $242,000

>France $86,000

>Russia $80,000

>South Africa $47,000

>USA $33,000

>Germany $26,000

>Canada $20,000

>Australia $20,000

>Papua New Guinea $8,400

>Trinidad & Tobago $1000-$4000 (depending on event)

>UK, Norway, Sweden, Croatia - No bonuses.

foxsports.com.au/olympics/what-australian-and-other-countries-pay-to-olympic-medal-winners/news-story/fdc88c3a27729dbbc85fb0b357787cd6

makes sense considering that if a country has little probably to win a gold medal, it will pay a lot athletes that achieve that

*little probabilities

So much not an argument in this itt thread.

but muh free market