Ask an icelad anything

Ask an icelad anything

Hello I will be visiting next summer for about a month. What should I do and see while I am there? Where is the nearest military base also.

>the nearest military base
Indeed I tremble for my country when I consider that God is just.
–Thomas Jefferson

Golden circle, Vík, Jökulsárlón and general country things.
In Reykjavík you should go whale watching, eat good (Hamborgarabúllan or The Seabaron) and drink good beer (Mikkeler & Friends or Micro bar)
Dont know about the military base but it used to be in Keflavík.

Did you encounter Björk on the street once?

We had an American military base for over 50 years

More than once, shes not that popular here.

how many days per year can you wear shorts and t-shirt?

what is your best metal band?

I have been curious about the Shetland Islands. Too far away from you? They used to speak a dialect of Icelandic. Do you know anything about them? They seem to be speaking Irish-accented English these days and I've been wondering how they could have strayed so far from their origins.

Do you believe in elves?

Maybe 10 days per year. But many days for sweater weather.

Are there black people in Iceland?

Dimma or Skálmöld

Thanks friend!

They probably spoke some dialect of old norse wich is very similar to icelandic but i dont know for sure

Literally no one believes in elves

i do fuck you

Who's better?

Skalmold, Solstafir, Bjork, or Sigur Ros?

A few

How's the internet over there? Do you get 100/100 connections?

fuck you

Skálmöld or Sigur Rós

Wrong answer. Obviously it's Björk

fuck you!

Yup. Literally 99% of icelanders have internet access in their homes.

What do you study?

You're both wrong. Solstafir are easily the best. All of them are amazing, though.

Me or in general?

Irishfag here. I've been to Iceland 4 times. I'm slowly but surely, one by one, taking back all the lovely ladies your ancestors stole from here!

What about modern pagans? Is it popular?

You!

you live in a house with dozens of wimmin?

It exists but not so popular
also checked

Checked

Practical Mathematics in the University of Iceland

Is there life beyond Reykjavík? What do people in Raufarhöfn do for fun? How much of the island have you seen?

I know most of Iceland and lived in Akureyri for some time so yes there is life but life in small towns can get dull. Raufarhöfn is just a bunch of sheepfuckers.

Did you visit mainland europe?

Yes, it was called Norn and is supposed to be very close to Icelandic. Even today the Shetlands' heraldic motto is Með lögum skal land byggja.

Do you eat a lot of fish? What icelandic food should I try?

Denmark, Spain and Italy.
Belgium and Holland next year.

That's nice, enjoy!

Thats also the motto for the icelandic police

Fish at least twice a week, sometimes more often. Kjötsúpa, mink whale and definetly smoked lamb.

Hence my original question. How connected is Iceland culturally to the other Norse islands? I see that there is regular ferry service between the Shetlands, the Ornkeys, and Norway, but the Faeroes and Iceland seem kind of isolated.

Will you be able to find a job in your field of study in iceland? Do you consider moving out of iceland if not?

We dont feel connected to them culturally since they are more gaelic/celtic but we have always been connected to the faraoes, norwegians and danes.

Yes to both questions.

What's your favourite mathematical equation?

Fokkađu þér sumarkynvillingur. Þú ert samt ágætur.

i go sleep now

Are you

A FUCKING DENTIST

dreptu þig hommi, getur ekki sagt neitt nýkynvillingur

euler or batman

sammála seinasta ræðumanni

Frost giants: real or myth?

There should not be any light pollution in iceland. Why aren't you into astrophotography?

Myth. Elves are real though.

Do you listen to/like Solstafir?

I'm seriously considering visiting iceland just to fucking take pictures of the stars

Ég er ekki hommi ég er pansexual, þađ er munur.