youtube.com/watch?v=MFhQpZogTwM
youtube.com/watch?v=2rHcvYa93sU
youtube.com/watch?v=1wDr_ID5cYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The

CRUSHER

fact

Out of curiosity how old are you Op?
Because I was born in 92 and the first music I ever remember hearing was the Beatles

Is there no greater feeling of bitterness when you discover a artist or band you fucking love so much years later into you life? Especially when you have come across their music before.

>listened to first Killing joke album when I was 16 and exploring music. didn't listen again to killing joke until I was like 21.

Holy shit I was salty when I listened to Night time, Fire dances, and Whats this for...! for the first time.

My parents both hated the Beatles.

When I was a teen I discovered scaruffi and was a mega hipster contrarian who only like avant teen rym core

I'm 19 now and really diggging white and mmt brilliant pop music probably the best I've ever heard

Good on you. Everything the beatles ever put out is worth listening to frankly. Even the early pop Beatlemania stuff has tremendous charm and charts their development. youtube.com/watch?v=MFhQpZogTwM
I think a lot of people react against them because of how big they are but there's really a reason for it. When I hear the beatles I feel happy and I want to make music. There's something primal about it all.

Me with the beach boys. In fact I heard pet sounds but didn't even like it very much.

Now I consider it the greatest thing ever recorded. I think a lot of things that album is about speak to you more after you're older

Sick of this shitty memespouting everytime

Scruffy drones confirmed for underage

I'm a life long Beatles fan. MMT and the white album are my two personal favorites by them. I can only suggest listening to

>John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band
>Paul McCartney - Ram
>Wings - Band on the Run
>George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

They were truly spectacular solo artists.

Are you well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a windowpane?

Ignore this post, the only solo Beatles career worth half a toss was McCartney and it took him decades. Listen to

>Paul McCartney - Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
>The Fireman - Electric Arguments

The first music I ever remember hearing was the Beatles too. In fact if I remember it correctly it was a cassette tape of A Hard Day's Night.

What?

Plastic Ono Band
Imagine
McCartney
Ram
Band on the Run
All Things Must Pass

are all great albums that would be mid-tier Beatles albums at worst. Don't be dense.

>Plastic Ono Band
Decent
>Imagine
Rubbish
>McCartney
Inconsistent
>Ram
Decent
>Band on the Run
Decent
>All Things Must Pass
Rubbish

You're retarded. Those are both great albums, but McCartney had at least 10 albums better than either of those

>McCartney
>Ram
>Wild Life
>Band on the Run
>Venus & Mars
>Wings at the Speed of Sound
>London Town
>Back to the Egg
>McCartney II
>Flaming Pie
>Electric Arguments

Honorable mentions
>Red Rose Speedway
>Tug of War
>Pipes of Peace
>Flowers in the Dirt
>Off the Ground
>Chaos & Creation

>"You're retarded"
>Electric Arguments is better than Electric Arguments

I put in in the "great" list friendo.

Maybe this isn't the thread for you ?

You're right. I am retarded. Carry on.

Why? I like The Beatles

You're not retarded. If you thought that Electric Arguments was bad, then you would be retarded.

非常に多くの書籍がビートルズを「最も重要な、あるいは最も重要な、または最も影響力のある」ロックバンドと名づけているという事実は、今でもロックミュージックがどれほど深刻な芸術になっているかを伝えます。ジャズの批評家は、すべての時代の最も有名なジャズミュージシャンはデューク・エリントンとジョン・コルトレーンであることを長い間認識していました。古典的な批評家は、ヨーロッパの周りの裁判所で非常に人気のあるクラシックミュージシャンよりも、非常に論争の多いベートーヴェンをランク付けしています。ロック評論家はまだ商業的成功によって盲目的になっている。ビートルズは他の誰よりも売れたので(真実ではない)、したがって、彼らは最高だったはずです。ジャズの批評家は、過去の多くのジャズ音楽を聞いて成長し、古典批評家は過去の多くの古典音楽を聴きながら成長する。ロック評論家は過去のロックミュージックを全く知らないことがよく、ベストセラーをほとんど知りません。ビートルズが救われるにふさわしい何かをしたと思うのは不思議ではありません。

Are you sure? You're saying that the best solo Beatle work is "decent" at best. Which is such a silly thing to say if you're actually a Beatles man.

Decent =/= bad in any way

Not even him btw

I didn't say that. I said the ones he listed were decent. I think Electric Arguments is amazing, actually.

I dunno someone goes around calling Ram or Band on the Run "decent" the connotation isn't that you liked it. When you like something you say you like it you don't say it was okay.

Band on the Run is decent to good. I hardly think it's on par with the stuff he did in The Beatles or in the 21st century but it's alright. Let Me Roll It is fucking perfect, though.

Band on the Run is better than any Beatles album before Rubber Soul in my opinion. But it came out 10 years later so that's not a totally fair assessment.

That person DID call ATMP "rubbish" though. How do you even entertain such an opinion?

I'm so bitter I didn't hear American Football in high school. I love it now but if I heard it then I would've fucking worshipped that album to the point of writing the lyrics in a notebook like the edgy teen I was.

That person is me so I guess I entertain it because I agree with him. Also, I'm far too much of a merseybeat and first wave rock & roll stan to think Band on the Run is better than With the Beatles or A Hard Day's Night.

are you 12 or something?

I love the Beatlemania stuff, don't get me wrong.
My feeling is, as a Beatles fan, you want every good Beatles work you can get ahold of, since they didn't last very long. So the thought of being a Beatles fan but not also loving those first couple solo albums is just contrarianism. I mean hell, White Album was basically a bunch of solo albums.

I recently dug through 400 demos and bootlegs to make 2 of my own fan albums of their rarities, that's how much I want new Beatles stuff.

It's called read the thread

Yes, Beatles music tends to have that effect on people who aren't old Italian pedos.

BING CROSBY

I don't really like The White Album that much, either. I don't support "artists" for this very reason, see.

I could say "Oh, my favourite artists is Lou Reed" but does that mean I'm supporting terrible albums like Mistrial? I think there's a place for objectivity. As godlike as Rubber Soul, With the Beatles an Electric Arguments are I don't think it's fair to carry that good will on entirely different albums.

You must be a giant faggot then

que?

ur the type of piece of shit to let the kinks go bankrupt

Upon its release The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society was greeted with almost unanimously positive reviews from both UK and US rock critics but failed to sell strongly, an estimated 100,000 copies worldwide.[2][20] Despite this the album has become the Kinks' best-selling original record.[20] The album did not have a popular single ("Starstruck" was released in North America and continental Europe, but failed to chart anywhere but the Netherlands).[2] Although it was commercially unsuccessful Village Green, upon its US release in January 1969, was embraced by the new underground rock press, particularly in the United States where the Kinks' status as a cult band began to grow.[21] In The Village Voice, Robert Christgau called it "the best album of the year so far",[21] and Circus magazine ran an article under the heading "Kinks — Unhip But Original", which stated: "The Kinks are backdated, cut off from the mainstream of pop progression. Just the same they're originals and now have a fine new album out"

this is why we only had one arthur or the decline and fall of british empire

I feel the Beatles are different because of how powerful the individual personality of the band are. Each band member (except Ringo lul) is a genius in their own right and offers something very different.

I also didn't say I like EVERY solo effort by the Beatles, just the good ones. For me it's like an extended canon of Beatles music, the 1970-1975 stuff.
As for
>I think there's a place for objectivity
That doesn't really work for art and our discourse is proof of that.

WRONG

Personal objectivity, I mean. Objectivity in the sense of taking each work as its own and not forcing yourself to like or dislike it because of a bias. Obviously music is subjective but I'd like to think I like Rubber Soul for reasons that are independent to Rubber Soul and not because it's a Beatles album and The Beatles are good.

CORRECT

GENERATION

It's an impossible thing to prove of course, but I think it would be naive to think I don't prefer anything Beatles related just because of the name.

Would I listen to a piece of shit song like Yellow Submarine if it weren't by the Beatles? No chance. But it's Ringo singing, hey I know and like that guy. This is kinda whacky, oh those four lads.

It's just impossible to separate their works from their body of work in my mind and I imagine in everyone else's mind for their favorite anything.

Ringo is good

Funnily enough the VGPS and MH have been some of my favorite albums since my teens

DEGENERATION

PEOPLE TRY TO PUT US D-D-DOWN

*deletes memespouting*

That's self defeating. You've convinced yourself of a bias so you're going to be biased. Also it's not a matter of "Would I have listened to it if it were The Beatles". That's obvious. The question is whether or not the brand name influences how much you like/dislike it. You can limit that bias, if nothing else.

DELET THIS

Does it really matter though how or why you get the amount of enjoyment you get out of something? There are songs that aren't very good that I love because I listened to them at an important time, with a girlfriend, etc.

Wait until you get into Revolver. Fucking hell, what a stunning piece of music that album is.

Almost every album listed here is better than the Beatles' earlier albums.

It does in an argument like this since you're arguing that I should subscribe to the understanding that I should associate bad albums with good ones and cut them some slack and I think that's absurd.

>Albums

1. Revolver (best album of all time)
2. Rubber Soul
3. White Album
4. Abbey Road
5. Magical Mystery Tour
6. Sgt Peppers
7. Help!
8. Let It Be
9. A Hard Day's Night
10. Please Please Me
11. Yellow Submarine
12. Beatles For Sale
13. With The Beatles

>Songs (top 20)

1. Strawberry Fields Forever (best song of all time)
2. Rain
3. Here, There And Everywhere
4. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
5. Norwegian Wood
6. Tomorrow Never Knows
7. Hey Bulldog
8. A Day In The Life
9. She Said She Said
10. Day Tripper
11. Helter Skelter
12. Nowhere Man
13. You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
14. Come Together
15. Hey Jude
16. For No One
17. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
18. Help!
19. Taxman
20. Sexy Sadie

Yellow Submarine is their worst and it's not close. How in Christ's name is it better than B4S or WTB? Ludicrous.

I'm not arguing that YOU should do anything other than enjoy things the way you enjoy them. I'm just explaining how and why I feel about certain Beatles works and art in general. It doesn't actually matter.

That being said, even if you didn't know who the Beatles were and you popped in the first 1 or 2 solo albums from them each and only thought there were "okay" I'd take issue with that. But now we're arguing in circles over something 100% subjective so sod it.

Selecting the squares with street signs is slowly eroding my mental faculties by the way.

Hey Bulldog and It's All Too Much alone lift it above those albums for me

>That being said, even if you didn't know who the Beatles were and you popped in the first 1 or 2 solo albums from them each and only thought there were "okay" I'd take issue with that. But now we're arguing in circles over something 100% subjective so sod it.
Don't mean we can't discuss it. I'm enjoying myself.

>Selecting the squares with street signs is slowly eroding my mental faculties by the way.
Get Sup Forums X, bro

>Get Sup Forums X, bro
Thanks for the tip lad.

I do like talking about the Beatles. They really are my favorite band. If my second band on last.fm is 3k listens, the Beatles are #1 with 10k. And that doesn't track the times I listened to their greatest hits on my little tape player in the backyard as a kid.

I wish there was a Beatles general sometimes but it's such an easy band for people here to hate on. I think the board perception has gotten better.

I remember trying to make Beatles threads here 5+ years ago and you'd just get memed into 404 straight away.

I don't understand how people rate Revolver as their best when it has their worst song (Doctor Robert) on it.

The only song on that record I think is "bad" is Yellow Submarine. What's wrong with Doctor Robert? It's a standard rock song like many others on the album.

That being said Revolver is my favorite because it has I'm Only Sleeping, which might be my favorite song ever.

Wh-what? Doctor Robert is awesome, how can you not love Lennon acid rock?

I think memes aside people have always been aware of the importance and even brilliance of The Beatles on here. Revolver, Abbey Road and a couple of others have always been on "classics" Sup Forums charts. Like NMH unfortunately they have become a bit of a meme thanks to Scaruffi, but as you say it's getting better (pun intended).

>discovering

>it's getting better
All the time, lad.

What are you top Beatles records then?

For me, it's the eternal 1A 1B or Revolver and White Album. I would like Rocky Raccoon to be the last song I ever hear (sentimental reasons).

I remember those days too user.

This is my list: I like them all though. Even With The Beatles is an album I know off by heart and I put it bottom. The top 7 are all 10/10s for me.

I know what you mean. It's hard deciding which album is the "worst" when even the worst one you love. It's like picking a least favorite child.

For me, (after Yellow Submarine), the worst is Beatles for Sale.

But it's such a good fucking album. It's downright Dylanesque. No Reply, I'm a Loser, Baby's in Black, I'll Follow the Sun, Eight Days a Week, Everybody's Trying to be my Baby.. man I can hear each of those songs in my brain when I see the title.

I think Eight Days a Week is the first song I heard in my life.

go ching chong ching somewhere else japshit, this is american board

Good. Good.

I can remember being at a house party of an old friend of dad's, years ago. Guy (an above-average Beatles fan, old fat boomer) says something about how his fourteen year old daughter took an interest of her own, and tried some albums, then she cutely said to pep-pep (in his telling): "Dad, this is a really good band. Like, they're actually really musically good. Do you realize how good they are?" The point of his little story, being for those of us in the know (even my dad hates rock music and frankly most popular music generally but likes the Beatles) to smile smugly, smirk knowingly, nod sagely, etc. And smirk knowingly we did.

youtube.com/watch?v=2rHcvYa93sU
youtube.com/watch?v=1wDr_ID5cYs

Beatles version is better