rateyourmusic.com/~Zed_Lamp
clyp.it/2cfr440t
rateyourmusic.com/~ailurus
rateyourmusic.com/~sailingedvard2
rateyourmusic.com/~phlg
youtube.com/watch?v=rBSavADxE3U
youtube.com/watch?v=nEn_aGHBoaM&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not L "Y" J, he's a superior based god tier ploymath of the highest caliber.

hello nerds

rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_

P
E
D
O

do you just watch the threads waiting for me to post so you can do this

his taste more patrician than L "Y" J

doesn't get any pussy because he's gay

listenin to shidaiqu box sets all day

Qwerty100 is patrician

Now Watch Me Hladik

yeah i love music my favorite music artists are sun ra, igor stravinsky, bernard parmegiani, the chainsmokers, keith rowe, eliane radigue, and pierre boulez

rateyourmusic.com/~Zed_Lamp

how does akouchi_hime find all his creamey pfps

Idol Complex probably

clyp.it/2cfr440t

Who were the best RYMers of 2016? Any up-and-coming ploymaths to wach?

rateyourmusic.com/~ailurus

heyyy

hladik and cosmictones are up and coming and already polymaths

rateyourmusic.com/~sailingedvard2

lolol

savagebear

First Thing's First, L "Y" J's The Realest

Bitch Dab

Here -->

18. Black. Currently asexual. Socially Awkward. Pretty short-sighted. Disorganized. Snarky. Procrastinator. Slightly nhilist. Nervous about adulthood. Kind, but sort of cynical and utilitarianist. Inferiority complex. Suffering from a bad case of cognitive dissonance. Still somehow happy despite the knowledge of all this. I like music, writing, learning random things, science, philosophy, walking, strategy/puzzle/fighting games, debating, and browsing encyclopedias and Quora

2,400 ratings

emerging embryo

What is the point of even adding Esichio?

I added him because I love seeing him on some super obscure release he couldn't possible hear
Also, I enjoy seeing him everywhere I go too

literally not true

hello

i got four hours of sleep last night because i stayed up and bought two nintendo switches and i am on the brink of passing out but i think im just gonna listen to idol. this is my personal blog.
rateyourmusic.com/~phlg

because he is /ourguy/

i can only assume you are trying to force yourself as someone to take into account, but honestly, try a bit more to get a unique taste and you may have something going

>try a bit more to get a unique taste and you may have something going
whats wrong with it

My Name Is Jmarvin

I study religion. I like music too much.

>I study religion.

>tips fedora

t. STEMfag automaton autist with no understanding of the world

it's like you took a few albums from every rym personality or trendy genre and merged them into a profile. not terrible, but lacking.

you could use some more ratings (2k is kinda poor...) and maybe be at the front of some new trend, rather than jumping on them superficially and then going to another. like now you are on a rating a few denpa albums thing, cool, but it has already been done. or just check your taste in some genres. like techno, come on, you were quickly to give out 4s to bcd-2 and live at the liquid room like the manual says, but you barely have singles rated (No_ would like to have a word with you, son...). and let's not even get into house, my god!

you got a long way to go, kid. there may be some potential, but you better start digging deeper. you got some things right (a 5 to kyary to show poptimism next to a xenakis comp for eclecticism, cool) but it feels overdone. maybe add some releases to the database: i see you have only done it for an african compilation (an antiwarholian move if i've ever seen one), but no one else rated it - pretty much shows your influence level at this point. had one of the big names added it, it would have easily 10 ratings by now.

>he studies religion

>woman made from rib, world is flat
>has "understanding of the world"

imagine being this unintentionally ironic

if you don't think religion is worth studying, you're a retard. it's that simple. you don't have to be religious to recognize the importance of religion in the world

you don't do chemistry or mathematics or law or medicine because you're stupid

that's what it comes down to

>first year engineering students actually believe this

just read history in your spare time you stupid fuck

>So user, what do you do?
>I study religion

based jmarvin studies both chemistry and religion. what now STEMfag?

i-i also like music too much!

(and little girls)

if he does chem for a career path and religion as a hobby, then i have no criticism for him.

>the CANCEROUS NATURE of religion in the world

fify

cute things are cute

Was literally just about to post this. Science has given us EVERYTHING while religion just divides people.

i love that i didnt make any of these posts

damn

you're a faggot

>taste taste taste your "taste" must be special snowflake and quirkily different from everyone else
Hi Mensa

he's right though. not everyone can be a taste maker like phlg. what a guy that bob larson.

i'm just giving you some advices, kiddo. don't react like that. i said you got the ambition and we have seen some of the current ploymaths start like you, a little confused and drone-y of others, so it's not a lost cause.

let me guess: you tried and failed to be a ploymath, and now you are one of those that rant on every thread about how the rest care so much about taste and image, right? it's ok, not everyone is up to the challenge

wow this i personally developed obsessions with idol thanks to phlg. wow phlg thanks
i will stab someone for idol.

>let me guess: you tried and failed to be a ploymath, and now you are one of those that rant on every thread about how the rest care so much about taste and image, right? it's ok, not everyone is up to the challenge
i'm thinking of a word right now that starts with a p

These girls look like memes

>i'm thinking of a word right now that starts with a p
yeah we're all thinking of phlg as well

no its cool they arent memes. theyre cool

penis? i see, so you are going for the avant-gay persona? it's ok, it can work. bit overdone, but a classic formula still

What plebeians believe to be a keen interest in music is in reality nothing more than an obsession with "taste". This is why they can entertain themselves for hours examining scrobble counts on last.fm, maintaining contrived parabolas of their RYM star ratings, or meticulously assembling a Top 50/100 chart which displays their grocery-list eclecticism, but won't read a music text. This is why they loudly proclaim how their virginal taste is unsullied by any other RYMer's opinion, yet memorize each of those opinions to cite in their endless "drone" accusations. It is why they will evade addressing specific musical assertions at any cost, shifting the topic to popularity, fan image, or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore", all of which are better suited to their interests and expertise than actual music discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=rBSavADxE3U

is idol the highest form of art?
the answer is yes. if you disagree then you deserve death.

is this 7878787?

easy there junko

i'm not entirely sure of what you mean by that

who are your top 5 rymers both currently and of all time? (assuming you didn't answer the above post)

not even close man

Maltbeat
Doru649
Bradonsyl
delusions_of
hike62

My personal top 3 favorite people on RYM.
>haruyaishizuka
>Pate
>KareA

no clue who that poster was but whatever his list is is probably shit. id recommend just looking at the profiles of our boys phlg, cosmictones, hladik, jmarvin, and whatever sal is on now. now those are some rymers.

sounds awful see above.

who cares it wasnt phlg

>jmarvin
*retching sounds* OH GOD IM GONNA PUKE

protip if you got laid you would automatically stop caring about idolshit

助けて

who cares?

>whatever sal is on now

~trofy

protip: just look at recent 5s for Back to Mono

助けて
助けて
助けて
助けて

ah, it's quite hard, really. i'm quite cautious regarding the current ones. i feel like there has been a sort of race to be the new thing, you know? like "RYM's Next Top Ploymath". you have a lot of kids trying to be tastemakers but they often just drone each other to mixed results. that's why i was giving some tips to our boy savagebear

perhaps i'm a bit stuck in the past but i think the golden era is behind us. antiwarhol is a shade of his former self (barely rating, making some questionable choices), a few good ones left us, some are active but not as relevant (No_'s poptimism has been overdone to death and he barely updates; telephone_junkie bored us all with all the account changing, etc)... perhaps if we give this some time, natural selection will bring us a new gen of ploymaths worthy of admiration. so far i see potential, but no one to take the crown

needless to say, the other answers weren't me.

>Doru649

lol

>6000 ratings
holy crap!Hey excuse me where do I check my digits? I read the FAQ but no luck. I need to verify my digits.

but dude phlg
thats all you need for taste

it's like you don't know about Deagger

a poor man's phlg for secondaries and falses

now phlg that's a guy who will truly lead us to a hellish future full of nothing but idol. his knife will free us all.

no one finds your memes funny, ain't that sad?

owl_jolson

my what?

*retching sounds* OH GOD IM GONNA PUKE!!!!!!!

i pray you don't think about this shit often

youtube.com/watch?v=nEn_aGHBoaM&t=3s

reminder to self: pick up more absinthe tomorrow
reminder to self: also pick up more sazerac rye tomorrow

do you think about this shit often

aware of him and he seems to be making some waves. some interest in how he continues

is that your profile? i must say, for a no one you are pretty invested in this thing in some aspects (236 releases - and plenty of them are potential ploymath material; "folk music of ladakh", plenty of haino, joe mcphee; good choices) but in terms of presence, you are a no one, kiddo. work on your persona (i see you are in the lgbtetc list; could work) and make some connections (10 friends?)

from the first time i saw AntiWarhol's profile, back when he was on the top of his game and everyone couldn't stop speculating on who was behind the account, i knew this was real and that something was going on. i just developed an interest on this subculture and try to share what i found and my thoughts, as well as giving tips to those who want to take part in this

Hey now, his taste is earnest now. I think im the only one who remembers his old account when he tried soo hard.

>those 1.0s
>not trying hard as fuck

sounds to me like you just want to encourage people to get into music for the wrong reasons
you might as well just spare them and pick up a contact sport or something instead

>haino aka /daily/'s mascot
>polymath material
pffffffttahahahahahhaha

lewis is a tier 1 ploymath and listens to haino

Only thing i see wrong is the doors(its a wank but worst shit ever? Nah) and gottsching, everything else i can understand. Poopee time? M8, its 2017, grow up.

you look like a fat autistic kid

this is terrible

no sense of what's going on whatsoever

he listened to haino back in like 2010 when it was cool

his music ratings are merely relics

he still listens to it

well that wasn't very nice

you're still hot though