Anyone else hyped for sun and moon...

Anyone else hyped for sun and moon? I hadn't played pokemon since the original sapphire and ruby but for some reason I'm getting excited for this one, and I've been buying and playing the ones that I've missed since then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
imgur.com/gallery/otPCG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nope, because I'm not 14

xD look at me not enjoying things
>XDXDXD

hyped as fuck.

the go to argument why it wont be good is that it may be to easy, but to be honest there were never any hard games in the pokemon franchise. just get 6 mons as quickly and dont use exp share and it will be okay.

in fact the real way to fuck up a pokemon game is to not create a nice atmosphere and predictable plot, and gen 7 looks better than any game before just with those trailered scenes.

if the postgame will be decent they will easily be the best pokemon gen ever created.

Yeah I've been enjoying all those trailers they've been putting out, seems like they're doing a nice mix of sticking to what they know and adding some cool features.

i also like that the games finally close the gap between the walkthrough and competitive battling as you will finally be able to adjust iv's even of legendaries. i would always play the games for the singleplayer experience and to get to know the new mons and then played online from time to time.

Have you SEEN some of the shit they've announced?

Shit's going to be cuh ray zee.

I'm excited. They appear to be breaking the formula, which could be an awesome thing or a bad thing.

Oh really, didn't know about the IV's. That's freaking awesome actually. I never played a lot of the competitive, back when I played we had to actually use a link cable to have our pokemans beat the shit outta each other.

Only because of the newest jp trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

New gen pokemon sucks.
Interested to see where this goes, but still, fuck it.

Just started playing crystal on emulator cause I never had it as a child. Used gameshark to give myself the promotional item used to find and catch celebi. Real cool stuff. Also, there is a program you can download and one of its features is to change all pokemon that evolve through trades and make them evolve at specific levels. Got a machamp, alakazam and gengar. Its fun.

imgur.com/gallery/otPCG

check it, interesting stuff, shit ending aside.

>new gen pokemon sucks

Yeah seen that floating around, a lot of that is a huge fuckin stretch though. Especially with how pokemon likes to keep its plot pretty simple. Still sounds kinda cool all the same. We'll see.

new gens have better mechanics, movepools and pokemon variety. the rest is pretty much subjective but i think its canon that the best games up to this day are platinum/HGSS/BW2.

I just thought it was interesting where they got the ideas for these pokemon from.

the only mechanic i really wish they implimented earlier was how certain moves, like elemental punches, now count as physical attacks and as such are based on attack stat. Or things like ghost moves, which were atk based when most ghost pokemon had high special and abysmal attack.

yeah, missing attack splitting for me is the reason why i cant pre gen4 games any more. but also the battle items, reusable tms, double battles, fairy typing etc are just so good. mega evos are debatable. if you take all this into account, no one can actutally have pre4 gen games as favorites. its only nostalgia

Been playing pokemon since day 1 and have collected/played all the games. I'll defend it til the day i die, but even i have to admit that the newer generation stories and pokemon are getting more and more farfetched (no pun intended ). That said, I'll buy the game and try to enjoy it all the same. Sidenote, imo they peaked storywise in platinum

What do you guys think of omega ruby?

>I hadn't played pokemon since the original sapphire and ruby
>the original sapphire and ruby
it may be my autism, but this bothers me, red and blue are the unnegotiable originals!
Also: Not hyped, i stopped playing at ruby because there are better games to play. And because i found things that are more fun than grinding bits.

It's your autism. They remade sapphire and ruby, so I put original so people could discern what I meant and not think that the newest games are the last ones I played.

rby are terrible tho, with yellow being slightly less terrible.

Autismo he said original because theres remakes of those ones

oh there were remakes?
didn't know