Why are aliens always depicted as superior to humans in every way?

Why are aliens always depicted as superior to humans in every way?

What are some examples of humans being the superior in either strength, mental abilities, or whatever?

Star Wars and Star Trek have plenty of inferior aliens.

Aliens in most movies are superior to humans because most movie aliens have invented interstellar travel - something that humans havent done.

Forever war? Read a fucking book?

Grievous isn't superior because he's an alien, dumbfuck. He's superior because he's a cyborg.

Also he's not superior at all because he loses.

John Carter.

They normally have compassion or some shit, besides it's boring to have a show where the humans always win

>Why are aliens always depicted as superior to humans in every way?

look at our presidential candidates that we elected..we set a pretty low bar

watch this..intelligent and refreshing

for carl

Not a movie, but in the novel First Men in the Moon by H.G. Wells, the Moon People have squishy, fragile bodies, adapted to lower gravity. So when the protagonist escapes from them, he basically starts smashing them and ripping them apart. Punching one of them in the head is described like punching into a mushroom. It's probably the manliest rampage I can think of involving a human against a group of fragile little aliens.

Absolutely wonderful movie that always hits me right in the feels.

What's that book series where one race of aliens is losing a war against other aliens so they use humans as soldiers? And humans evolve into killing machines?

Sounds badass and a little like warhammer

Nerds make sci fi
Nerds are weak little pussies with no skills
Nerds project their traits onto their human characters and aloha chad traits onto aliens

Lets be honest the only reason nerds like sci fi is because they figure they couldnt have a worse shot with an alien bitch then they do with a human one

Does it have aliens in it?

yer a goofy fucker though

I saw it talked about on Sup Forums years ago but forgot the name of it.

I think the losing aliens approached humanity and offered them their technology in exchange for their help in the war. And over centuries of fighting this war mankind just evolved into the perfect tools of battle, to the point that the friendly ayys were scared shitless of them.

I think you're talking about the Damned Trilogy

>Contact
>Intelligent
Matthew McConaughey's character absolutely kills that movie by serving no purpose but to explain the point of the movie over and over again even though they already aren't subtle with it.

And even though the whole movie's making this one big, sweeping, stupid and childish statement about faith they don't even get that right on a basic level. The ending with James Woods absolutely destroys everything they built up because it's all 'Oh, let her believe her thing it's not hurting anybody' but then at the end 'oh, btw we withheld evidence that makes it extremely likely that what she saw was real but don't tell anybody bcuz lol.'

Also Carl Sagan stole the movie.

There was that little cute alien guy in Men in Black. I could probably beat the fuck out of that thing.

STARSHIP
TROOPERS

it's also p fascist tho so what do you expect

>Good kind of R2
what did he mean by this?

Yep, that's it.

If you've read it, is it worth reading?

Why do most aliens in movies look exactly like humans? Or a slightly different human that has something on their forehead?

You never see them. It's a very thought-provoking movie, more about how humanity would react to the knowledge of alien intelligence and how the E.T.s would go about contacting and communicating with us.

This and Starman are two of my favorite scifi films.

Sorry, I've never read it

Sounds good tho, I will look into it and so should you

There are no aliens in our galaxy. And most probably never develop intelligent life. Fermi bitch.

Being physically superior to a human is not that hard, nature is full of examples. It is pretty possible for an alien species to evolve to inhuman levels. As for projection... well, there's always some projection in fiction, anyway.

The aliens in Forever War were giving humans a hard time until the very end where they find out about their true nature;

So no, that one sadly doesn't count.

>critters

Boy, that was easy.

No imagination and/or little budget.

>Fermi Paradox
>there are no aliens in the whole galaxy because I have not seen the evidence

Imagine how easily you could destroy him

>assumes the President is supposed the be currently the greatest human being alive

Watching too many superhero movies?

convergent evolution

For sex

>probably

District 9