What's wrong with me Sup Forums? I didn't really enjoy Civil War...

What's wrong with me Sup Forums? I didn't really enjoy Civil War... The Spider-Man scenes were cool because it was exciting to see Spidey in the MCU but the rest of the movie was eh... Should I have been drunk watching it or something?

Hopes too high

watch it again when it comes out on vhs

I actually seen it at home in 720p...

>comes out on vhs
You're supposed to wait until it's on the telly and then record it. Cheaper that way.

Wait till you're not a faggot then watch it.

Why do people make these posts? Nothing anyone says will change your perception of it you fucking retard. What kind of advice do you expect exactly?

>yes, you need to consume precisely two bottles of liquor and then it becomes incredible!
Kill yourself, please.

Film crit hulk wrote a thing about why it sucks

Get past his godawful gimmick and he's 100% right

In fact, I plan to steal his analysis and pass it off as my original posts

U mad?

To sum it up:

Character-centric story is used to disguise plot holes by constantly promoting pleasure center of brain. The films are made by comic book lovers whose first major focus is to deliver comic book goodness. When you say in OP "Spiderman scenes were cool" then you are being impacted by what was just said.

This Spiderman is the "best Spiderman ever" because it was intentionally created to be that. The Sony movies intentionally did their own things with the character. Marvel Studios got Spiderman "right" not because by chance or luck or skill, they did it on purpose very meticulously. Sony "got it wrong" on purpose to fit their story. But Marvel didnt just got him right, not caring rather his appearance made any sense in the greater plot.

The scene of Peter and Tony in the apartment is a microcasm of the Phase 1 filmmaking philosophy that narrowed in crafting wonderful filled out characters that audiences could love. Same with Black Panther. Meanwhile the rest of the characters operate on 'assumed empathy' not just for the characters, but for Marvel Studios themselves. This is the reason why the actual nitty gritty of the plot to Civil War is such an afterthought. The plot is doing no service to the characters and isnt meant to. Because of this, youll see that neither Captaim America or Iron Man actually have a character arc in the movie. They are stable a static because Marvel doesnt want to mess with your assumption of them. Meanwhile Spiderman and Black Panther are new so they actually received development.

Bottom line: if you dont love the characters and pulpy action and humor, youll see past them to the shoestring story.

Just turn off your brain bruh

>What's wrong with me Sup Forums?
you actually have taste

The movie trying to be good and satisfying the viewer is not in any way a negative, holy fuck you're such a pompous pretentious asshat. The plot is great, and me just saying its great means just as little as your entire post that can't be refuted because you never go into any kind of meaningful detail about how its bad at all. Its just your basic opinion that its bad and the reader is not supposed to question it. So here is my refutation, its good and everything character wise is also good. There.

That means just as much as your opinion which i'm convinced is only there out of the popularity of the movie. Otherwise you wouldn't have the absolutely fucking inane mindset that because elements of the movie are created to cater to fans and it's all successfully pulled off with each character prented that is somehow bad. Fuck off, you wouldn't be saying this shit if the movie wasn't as popular, like you are literally trying your hardest to think up some kind of criticism.

Sup Forums's sense of contrarianism truly knows no bounds. Just like the two less popular superhero movies of recent months are being praised and the critics were "paid off" or the RT score "wrong". If you truly just feel this way then i'm sorry, maybe i'm just letting the culture of the website infuelnce me too much.

>missing the whole point of the post
it's a shallow husk of a film with next to no substance. get over it

My friend said a similar thing after he saw it. Said it was ok not the best and felt like something was missing

You have taste

Seeing a women beat up and kill 5 guys was too much for me

What I meant: seeing a women beat up and kill 5 armed military men

Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with you it just seems like you have taste.

What a load of projecting ad hominen crap

Wow dude

nothing, you just have shitty taste.

Am I the only one who doesnt enjoy much anymore?

What's wrong with me anons? Ever since I began using the internet, I am not able to enjoy any flicks without constantly being aware of problems and if it is good or not.

I went into the cinema to see BvS by constantly reminding myself all the hate it got so I could not properly enjoy the experience

You are a mad DCuck falseflagging.

>missing the whole point of the post
It's an enjoyable character driven story with plenty of enjoyable substance. Get over it.

See, I too can do that. It means just as little coming from me as it does from you.

It's a legit 9/10 movie and the best one I've seen this year desu

Stop watching capeshit, cuck

Scarlet Witch only had 1 barefoot scene.
3/10

Oh shit. I take it all back then. Thanks you guys.

What is Captain America's character arc in "Captain America: Civil War"?

What does that have to do with anything I said?

>The plot is good
>everything character wise is also good

Yes, the way in which the characters are presented is good, as you agreed upon in saying its meant to distract from the plot.

>enjoyable
no
>character driven
spiderman is in it for 5 minutes, so no
>story
loosely defined as such
>with enjoyable substance
lol outside the airport scene no
>get over it
i did when i realized that i wanted to leave during the movie
>i can do that too
apparently not well

>plot holes
Like?

>spider-man is good on purpose
>this is a bad thing
>'at least sony's was original' bullshit prequel apologists use all the time
I hope you're misrepresenting this article.

>captain america doesn't have an arc
Yeah, just like his first two movies.

>iron man doesn't have an arc
Did you watch the movie? He's basically Nick Fury now.

>story is just a framework to hang lovable characters and pulpy action on
Why is that a bad thing?

>his answer to everything is ''lol no''

I think we are getting tired of cape films.

You enjoyed seeing spidey because it is new but the main premise of super heroes figting other super heroes has been done over and over.

At least with Suicide Squad, its not people in capes the whole movie

>his answer to everything is lol no
>it only has it once and isn't even together like that
capecucks are really a step back in evolutionary standards

Again, your only response is to take something and say no to it. Thats not how criticism or discussion works, I can take everything you greentext and just say yes to it. Its as much a meaningless opinion as if I do it, you doing the exact same shit in response doesn't change that. It is character driven, the main characters are Iron Man, Captain America, and the Winter Soldier. The third act is entirely about them and their emotions on the situation. Not Spider-Man who can be removed from the plot entirely but serves to make the movie more enjoyable overall to most viewers and obviously not to yourself.

But nothing I say will change that. Even if I accepted your criticisms completely it's meaningless because there's nothing wrong at all with a loose story driven by the presence of characters done in an enjoyable and satisfying way. That is a small negative if anything but because of the popularity and praise the movie's getting it's apparently the worst thing ever and a crippling flaw.

>h-haha capecucks
Why are you in this thread then?
Don't you have kinos to watch?
Or do you consider these threads more entertaining.

because i like watching capecucks cry and scream that you dont like their colors fighting on screen and then acting like it's high art

I'm glad superhero movies own your industry now, then.

except it's not character driven
characters would have to be going somewhere if that were the case, but like the movie, the characters are stuck in a parking deck

me too, it's funny

>b-b-but muh parking lot
It's been a while since I last saw this post.

>im going to focus on one aspect and not the post
my point is proven capecuck.

Why was Spiderman in the movie? Tony, War Machine, Vision, and Black Panther needed a ringer that badly

It is not random that such emphasis was placed on building up Spider-Man as the classic portrayal everyone loves rather than giving him a valid reason to be in the movie. For Marvel, the plot is just a space to play with characters and manipulate them towards corporate goals -- the cinematic universe.

It is callous what Marvel does with their characters. Ironic that suddenly there is an immense dislike of origin stories in capeshit when for Marvel stories that arent origins are becoming increasingly detached from the characters. The end of Civil War where Zemo is not even acknowledged by Cap, Tony or Bucky sums it up nicely as they walk off from their fight. Panther's origin story (first appearance) gave him the follow through, while the established characters operated in a sandbox.

>im going to focus on one aspect and not the post
This goes for
You didn't argue anything, you just said
>m-m-muh parking lot

Probably because you didn't watch it and have no argument whatsoever apart from repeating what you have read from others and make statements so generic that could be applied to countless other movies.

reread it I did, babyboy
i made a metaphor using your triggers
thanks for the giggles before bed

No you didn't.
You spouted a line that DCfags had to stop using because that parking lot scene was loved by everyone.

You have no arguments.

>guy drops a live grenade into an armored enclosed vehicle
>Black Widow isn't killed by the explosion, the shrapnel, nor the concussive force magnified by the metal in a hyper enclosed space

>but user, she might have thrown a guy on top of it to take the brunt of the blast!

no, all three bodies came out completely whole and un-gibbed. she should have died right there

it's 3 movies in one and it doesn't do any of the 3 well

>winter soldier sequel
>age of quips sequel
>spiderman/panther episode 0

Ok, i'm honestly tired of you just saying this off handedly and lacking any sense of self awareness to how meaningless it is if you don't elaborate.

Wanda is learning to deal with guilt and responsibility, she is overwhelmed and afraid of her strength and public perception. She learns she can't change what other's think of her but can still believe in herself.
Tony's life is falling apart as he realizes how little he truly has without Pepper or the Avengers. Without these things to distract him the demons from his past haunt him, he becomes driven by guilt and vengeance after his optimistic departure at the end of Avengers Age of Ultron.
T'chala and Zemo continute the theme of characters being fueled by vengeance, one is ultimately consumed by it and the other learns to see the better in people.
It's essential that at the core of all this negativity there is the moral compass of Captain America who only wants to do what's right, that's his role in the story and his role in all of the movie's he's in and that's exactly what he should be.

Those are the roles of the characters in the story leaving out a few because i'm tired and this is a retarded argument when it's clear your mind wont be changed no matter what anyone says ITT and you'll probably just say something like "lol no" again. Whatever.

>Vision
Tony was counting on Vision not coming when he recruited Peter and even still, Vision only got called in when they "change it up a little" from Tony's plan of "go easy on them." The exact reason you list Vision as someone that makes Spider-Man useless is why they need Spider-Man, Vision might just break someone's spine on accident. He's too OP.

>muh big evil corporations

I don't even know what that third bit is trying to say. Something about origins and characters, but I have no idea what it means.

She directly killed only 2 of them.

You clearly blind.

i was just appalled by the stupididty of the characters

>Captain America takes an easy to trigger Winter Soldier to a base full of Winter Soldiers with a guy who has an evil plan... is he braindead?

>instead of realizing what a danger he is, Winter Soldier only gets it in the end that he needs to be put away... is he braindead?

>why is no one compromising? with the government... with each other? everything was really frustrating to watch, but i guess this was the plan

because it's capeshit and all cape is shit

Except TDK of course for you.

and I forgot to add that capeshit is a long running normie meme and that's why they're usually so overrated

Yeah, Captain America should fight 5 Buckies alone. That makes more sense.

Who exactly was Bucky supposed to turn himself into? Going back under was only an option with Black Panther.

Tony is the compromise, he literally calls the Accords such. He's the middle man between Ross and Cap. Yeah, he's the antagonist to Cap for most of the movie but it's always to keep Ross and his JSOC guys that don't care about making a mess from gunning down Steve Rogers.

Over-saturation with super hero movies is why it was entertaining but felt dull/the same as before. I liked Spider-Man though and want to see more of him.

>Yeah, Captain America should fight 5 Buckies alone. That makes more sense.
And then in the worst case he is fighting 6 Buckies? Smart.

>Who exactly was Bucky supposed to turn himself into? Going back under was only an option with Black Panther.
Government, if he really means what he said at the end he shouldn't have feared the consequences of a trial.

And best case scenario Cap isn't there alone. Plus Steve's there to help Bucky not get taken over again, with the power of friendship and/or blows to the head.

Cap vs 5 Caps is a known failure, the risk is clearly worth it.

What did Bucky say at the end? If I was Bucky, I sure as fuck wouldn't trust any nation's government after being a Hydra assassin with super powers. They're gonna be worried they can't contain him and execute him, like they tried to do after 'his' bombing. Now would that happen right after TWS? I don't know, but Bucky didn't even know who he is. I think it's fair and reasonable he'd want to figure out what the fuck his life is for a little, he might have thought no one would have those words to use on him or that he could be free after not being mind fucked for so many months.

Hey wait, how come they didn't use these words to control Bucky in TWS?

Maybe you're an adult? These are basically movies for 14 year old boys.

^

If you take away one thing from this thread. It's that tv/ is not a good place to discuss movies not even capeshit.

I think the problem with the movie is that the conflict doesn't really affect anyone but the Avengers. Well Black Panther to I guess.

sup reddit

it didnt have hulk or thor. thats why its boring

I just rewatched TWS the other night, and they never directly show Bucky "waking up" so to speak, so they probably did use the words off-camera

sup pleb.

Its capeshit what did you expect ?
Just pay attention to the action scenes and sleep through the rest.

There's your problem, retard.

put your triggered self together user

so he needs higher resolutions to see how bad it is...more?

720p webcam rip on a 14" laptop with mono speaker vs. 8k lossless digital protected on 60'+ 9.1 setup

Hmmmmmm

>le resolution makes the movie not shit
hmmmmmmmmmm

Reading problems? You literally missed 90% of my post.

No, I actually seen it in 720p true HD. Crazy right?

Can we talk about how the government builds a giant sea prison and MCU has literally zero villains to put there.

> mfw we never see this prison in another movie again
> mfw they don't even put based Zemo in sea prison
> mfw this movie is the prison

Was it me or the bad guy's plan was pure shit?

It should have mattered what he did. Tony should have killed Bucky and Vision should have killed Rhodes. I didn't believe Zemo in the end when he asked if his plan hadn't truly worked because status quo is maintained after all.
> Civil War
No casualties