/grimes/

Discuss Grimes [Claire Elise Boucher], the best artist of this generation.

David Byrne:
>I started collecting pictures of Grimes, Madonna, Kate Bush, Sinèad O’Connor, on and on—popular musicians are obsessed with her. This trend inspired the premise for the show: a pop star decides to give in to the Joan obsession and tell her epic story in concert.
brooklynvegan.com/david-byrne-details-his-upcoming-joan-of-arc-musical-tickets-on-sale/

youtube.com/watch?v=VvAaGgfN2CE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYlEup9Pb0g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_fLwbsYe-U
youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/155758493986/grimesartofficial-hanatruly-is-helping-me-do-the
soundcloud.com/lola-disco/lola-disco-x-rhodes-enter-the-studio-54
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Love Claire
Love Grimes
Best Sup Forumsfu

It speaks volumes that the only people that like this bitch are the pretentious underage fags on /my/

Sup Forums*

Why don't you just get the fuck out of here? This is not the complaint department.

How is she a weeb? She's been a music person since early childhood, and not an anime watching neet.

it's just a lighthearted joke since it's a known fact she's into Asian culture

Not that user, but it was actually Weeby Awards - youtube.com/watch?v=tYlEup9Pb0g

She's so awkward...

She thinks Asian men are cute? So what, only jealous men think otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_fLwbsYe-U
i love you

I'm a little stunned, I've never been tracked like this before, usually I'm doing the tracking.

Love for Grimey.

You could be the better friend
I could be a better man

Get a life loser

>/my/

sloppy phone poster confirm

Look who's talking? You should get a life, dipshit, and stop posting in threads about artists you hate. Get it, fuckwit?

youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk

>Grimes
>artist
LOL. You anime watching shithead. Get some taste and stop living your life through memes.

That David Byrne quote isn't even about Grimes. Like he just mentions her in passing. You're seriously reaching.

when i heard about grimes on here i was excited to go listen to her because sometimes Sup Forums actually rants about amazing music. but alas, i was met with some cringey anime pop that i could picture a pizza-faced, pedostached, $15 carpenter jeans wearing high school outcast jamming out to in the back of his decelerated math class. solid 3/10 music.

;_;

nobody understands me.

>bitch
STFU, She is our little mom!

interesting

im an online /Grimes/ beta cheerleader desu.

Gooooooooooo Grimes!!!

imagine how this feels

She's mine, guys.

>She thinks Asian men are cute?
No one said that and no one finds asian "men" cute

i was happy

I'm sorry.

its just the internet, doncha know.

here we only love Grimes, nothing else matters.

Wtf i hate david byrne now

>i'll never be your dream girl
JUST kill me already

One of my favorite tracks.

White men best tier
Azn men worst tier
Azn women best tier
Black women worst tier

Don't argue with it theirs verified statistics backing it

It was more the other way around.

that salute.

Roman salute pal

oh cool, googled it.

still.

>That David Byrne quote isn't even about Grimes.
Are you stupid? He clearly mentioned her, among other artists. It's about her AND other artists.

It's a good thing that your bullshit opinion is irrelevant. Solid 0/10 post.

She looks like she's at a tech conference

"And with the new Apple Weeb you will be able to listen to me in SPACE, where you meant to listen to me!"

Her music is spacey, so.....

It's about Joan of Arc and he mentions Grimes in passing as a "popular musician". How can you not admit that to use this as an accolade for Grime is reaching like fuck.

It's not reaching at all. The fact remains: David Byrne collected pictures with Grimes and other artists. Why do you have a problem with that? FYI Byrne collaborated with the Sup Forums approved female artist St. Vincent, so that shouldn't be surprising.

>David Byrne collected pictures with Grimes and other artists
So? My point was that that quote isn't a quote about Grimes, let alone an honorific. What I have a problem with is you guys using spurious things like this to support your narrative that Grimes is the best or most important musician in the world. I don't even dislike her; I think her music is decent. And I have no problem with other people liking her. But putting baity things like this about her in your OPs only puts me off her if anything. You guys are like the ISIS wing of Grimes fandom.

when do you think the venus fly video is gonna drop?

>What I have a problem with is you guys using spurious things like this to support your narrative that Grimes is the best or most important musician in the world.
Did we say that? At best we said she's the best musician of this decade, not of all time. And we're using whatever means necessary to support our arguments.

e.g.
>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>But putting baity things like this about her in your OPs only puts me off her if anything.
If you're a naive person (easily influenced), maybe this board isn't suited to you. You're delusional if you think some anons care that some "baity" words put you off her. We could believe and say whatever we want, remember freedom of speech?

In max 1 month

thank god

grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/155758493986/grimesartofficial-hanatruly-is-helping-me-do-the

>@hanatruly is helping me do the final colors on venus fly

It's almost ready.

bump

I'm here to support Grimes, even if I'm silent and playing the vidja.

soundcloud.com/lola-disco/lola-disco-x-rhodes-enter-the-studio-54

ok

Grimes? Whatever happened to Lykki Li?

She has a new side project, LIV or something. When was Lykke Li popular on Sup Forums?

Back from smiting the unbelievers.

~~~~~~recharging mana~~~~~~

Grimes is the best.

pretty creepy

Grimes? Whatever happened to Keri Hilson?

not that kind of mana, i am a real wizard.

Who?

see. pow pow?

that's a good idea

Go back to tumblr

i don't see your point user

i like darkblooms so far.

what did you listen so far, besides darkbloom?

Just finished urban twilight, liked it. I'm listening to a mix.

cool. don't forget about visions.

does anyone have this image?

here

thanks

Byrne sounds creepy af. How big is his Grimes folder I wonder?

art angels is my favorite, visions still is my least favorite.

art angels is her best stuff, its the most polished and mature even if it sounds like "pop".

>visions still is my least favorite
:'(

3GB?

i like a few songs off visions, but some stuff i don't like as much.

lol grimes is so fucking bad. this board has the worst taste ever.

do you like death grips

>weak trolling attempt

>not as forward-pushing and experimental as her peers
>certainly not as attractive as them either
Is the meme that she's so ugly and untalented that people fall in love with her due to the endearing factor that gets built up as a result?

i like them more than generic pop songs through a cheap reverb filter with nasally whining over the top.

So, you're a pleb

>generic pop songs
Similar artists?

More than 80 posts, and NONE OF THEM relate anyhow to Grimes' music but are literally only useless spam, just as kpop is not about music. This just goes to show that you are bunch of waifufags that only masturbate to her and don't care about her music whatsoever. Pathetic, these threads are becoming just like kpop general, which is a shame since Grimes has some music worth discussing. Well, adding "grimes" into filter. Bye.

subtract the 'intentionally shitty recording quality+lots of reverb' aesthetic that she relies on to differentiate herself and it's literally no different than any other synthpop.

>not as forward-pushing and experimental as her peers
>implying music is a competition

>The golden mean, the truth, is no longer recognized or valued. To win applause one must write stuff so simple that a coachman might sing it, or so incomprehensible that it pleases simply because no sensible man can comprehend it.
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, writing to his father in 1782

Her music is between pop and experimental. By the way she never claimed to be 100% experimental. What it really matters is the actual music: her music is marvellous and emotional. She found that golden mean mentioned by the good old Mozart. That's why people adore her.

>certainly not as attractive as them either
What that has to do with music? In any case, many people love her appearance. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, bruh.

whats the difference though
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296

Bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope I'll never see your whiny mug here again.

look guys here he goes

You are correct, there really is no discussion about her music in any of threads about her.

there's a music discussion like one post ahead of yours

are you blind?
i took the bait

So music discussion started at the 85th reply of this thread about a musician? Wow!!!

let me guess
you spend all day everyday sending the baits into grimes threads

@music discussions autists:
On Sup Forums are allowed both music and artist discussions. Read the rules, damn it!

>Discuss music, A R T I S T S, and instruments here. All images should relate to the topic at hand.

/grimes/ respect this rule. If you don't like it, fuck off.

Then prove me wrong. Just scroll a little through this thread - it looks exactly like a kpop thread, the only difference being this is about one woman only and those are about more women at once.

>implying there's any discussion in these threads whatsoever
it's all shitposting and waifufagging