A friend recomended me this movie and holy crap its a load of horse shit

A friend recomended me this movie and holy crap its a load of horse shit.

Anyone here watched it? Apparently its a cult classic now among neckbeards on the internet who still like the manic moxie dream girl trope and le 80s nostalgia.

Gets compared to Kung Fury, I see the comparison but I didn't watch Kung Fury, that shit looks retarded.

RLM liked this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0MIPQrhCBo8
youtube.com/watch?v=8oG0Cn2S8-U
vimeo.com/channels/horrorshorts/29852932
youtube.com/watch?v=VdLq68m2G_o
lematos.bandcamp.com/track/eyes-throat-genitals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hating fun

>lol i wasn't really trying to make a good movie so if i fail no one can criticize me
Fuck this and Kung Fury. Sincerity is dead and reality is a meme.

I like fun, this movie was the complete opposite of it.

There are ways of making the "its so bad its good" movies but imitating genuinely bad movies is not one of them.

I agree, it's not a good movie no mather how much
>lol ironically bad

kung fury was pretty shit, I agree

how was it trying to be bad?

I liked it. It was a good love letter to the 80's. Felt kinda like watching a kid-friendly version of Hardware meets Escape from New York. I just give them points for making a movie kind of out of time. I could easily see this being released alongside the Goonies or Ice Pirates or Time Bandits back in the day.

The music was the best part though.

>love letter to X

nigga foh t b h

It wasn't. After the pile of shit it turned out to be all the nerds with their heads up their asses started using that excuse. Because Le Shitty 80s film nostalgia.

I don't give a fuck what you assholes think. I enjoyed it. Wanna fight?

Literally nobody is saying the movie is trying to be bad on purpose.

>kid-friendly version of Hardware meets Escape from New York

In the 80s kids watched Hardware and Escape From New York.

Fuck this kid-friendly shit.

Fuck Hollywood remaking 80s movies and turning them from R to PG-13 for the "increased audience share" and lust for shekels.

bit too much gore to be kid friendly

Did you see the gore in this? It's clearly not for kids

why didn't someone tell them they were about 10 years too late for the the 80s nostalgia fad?

I liked it, but didn't love it.

In the 80s retro genre, it's okay, but I enjoyed The Final Girls a lot more. TK is a decent gore movie though. It gets a little too silly at the end with the guys pilling on top of each other, but the rest of the gore effects is good.

Kung Fury was trying to do what this movie was doing and failed horribly. This movie had big ideas but no budget and worked around that budget, thats what makes it appealing. Kung Fury had a small idea and a massively inflated budget it blew on CGI and was just plain stupid for the sake of "old movies were goofy". There is a distinct difference between the 2.

>we dont have a car, we cant afford cars
>our heroes will ride bikes
vs
>we dont have a car, we cant afford cars
>we can buy cars, but were going to use CGI, make the CGI bad because thats funny
Its only good when its genuine and not going out of its way to be bad.

Final Girls was alright, surprised anyone has even seen it to be honest it completely slipped by. This scene was actually pretty neat.
youtube.com/watch?v=0MIPQrhCBo8

i really like turbo kid desu

>your mother will never strip in front of you to save your life

youtube.com/watch?v=8oG0Cn2S8-U

Treat the schlocky things as comedy and it's not bad.

I enjoyed it, but yeah it's not for everyone. Leagues better than Kung Fury though.

Try Hobo With A Shotgun and The Guest, they're slightly less retarded 80's Revivalism movies.

How else are you supposed to treat them as?

Don't tell me that epople don't get that it's a sci-fi-comedy.

The Guest was alright. It was a more straightforward 80s-style movie. Hobo is more of a parody. Not an actual parody movie, just a parody of 80s movies' tropes and clichés.

I think it's safe to assume you haven't seen many movies from that era so you have no frame of reference. A lot of the stuff from the movie is based on 80's movie tropes, and some of it requires knowledge of film making to completely understand.

It's certainly not for everyone, I'll admit that some people do take it a little a too far treating it like the greatest film ever. However, it's not as bad you're making out. You clearly just didn't get it.

As for all the flack kung fury gets. It's just 15 minutes of ultraviolence and intentionally bad one liners. I honestly think it's better than a lot of people make out.

It's a pretty fun little movie. I enjoyed it. Apple was pretty qt too.

Turbo Kid isn't for kids and it wasn't made by Hollywood, genius.

This m nite famalon

.>70349599
>durrrrrrrrr

You will never a apple

I 95% agree with you, but ...
>Manic moxie dream girl
>bad
Fuck you, you beta numale feminist cuck. Fucking feminism ruining the best trait a women can have. No women can be full of love and fun because that makes them slaves to the penis, instead just be a bitter cunt. Also no women can be thusndere, the don't secretly love you and act tough, they are just jaded assholes that hate everything. Fuck this Gay Ass Earth

What did Black Dynamite do well to make a good parody/homage hybrid that all the rest of the chucklefuck movies dropped the ball on?

Why is Airplane! good but Sharknado bad?

>no..more...orgasms

>RLM liked this movie.

so?

>RLM liked this movie.

This was the only reason you even made this post. Notice how the rest of your post has nothing constructive? And then you add that last bit about RLM. Yeah, RLM bait thread. Alright everyone pack it up. SAGE.

It was a fun and charming little movie with a nice soundtrack.

Post more Apple webms. Such a QT.

Why are female androids/robots/synths so QT?

Much appreciated!

grow up. theres nothing wrong with something being kid friendly

As a reference point, here is the short film it started off as, it was an entry for The ABCs of Death but lost to a fucking clay toilet

vimeo.com/channels/horrorshorts/29852932

>that Apple
JUST

I thought it was terrible at the beginning, but then it grew on me and I liked it at the end.

The characters started off shit, but developed quite well over the course of the movie. The over-the-top gore was amusing and Michael Ironside is always great.

My favorite modern b-movie is still The FP tho.

Sincerity.

If you're trying to be bad but don't give a shit about the good, you're gonna end up with something that's just bad. BD worked because the guys behind it actually loved Blaxploitation.

So did Turbo Kid actually show how insincere it was in comparison or do you just not like it?

>kid-friendly
>a man gets his entrails torn out of him through a bicycle attached to his innards
>people fucking explode in showers of blood
>man gets his head sliced in half.

Actually, that's why I enjoyed Turbo Kid (at least, more than Kung Fury).

It tried to be at least a little original, and had a healthy respect for the 80's. The tape burning was a little much but their heart was in the right place.

nah this movie's great

That soundtrack though.

great movie
sorry you don't like fun

Black Dynamite had well-constructed jokes. This is a comedy where the only joke is "we have no budget."

>This is a comedy where the only joke is "we have no budget."
No, this isn't true.

Completely agree regarding Final Girls but hated Turbo Kid.

The problem that all of these faux 80s movies (such as these and Kung Fury) have is that they mimic the aesthetic rather than recreate it. CGI, filming on digital and such things make them hollow pastiches because it's what's in fashion and nothing resembling 'love letters'. They're the cinema equivalent of vaporwave.

It takes far more effort and is often far more difficult to do it for real than fake it but if you do it pays dividends, see Garth Marenghi's Darkplace for example.

Turbo Kid had tons of practical gore

>anyone actually praising The Final Girls
It was a garbage cowardly PG-13 flick with feminist proclivities

I legitimately thought it was a spinoff of Jingle All The Way. "Turbokid" looks so much like Turboman

I'm not saying it didn't. That's by far the strongest aspect of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VdLq68m2G_o

for me, I really lose my immersion in homage style movies when they try to "do things like they used to" without going back to the sort of low-quality film detail that, for me, adds to the authenticity of it.
A lot of the nu-80s homage films try to recapture the themes of the 80's low-quality action while putting it on modern quality film. It breaks my immersion in a VERY big way.

It's a good example of where the production comes together to make the final product. They can't just throw a movie together around the scenes that remind you of older movies. The set and costumes and resolution have to be consistent with it.

Doctor Turbo, I'm Apple.

She's literally MUH, but
>Underneath, we are all the same
But we're not. What did they mean by this?

>tfw you're not scoring someone called Laurence Leboeuf
Just kill me ;-(

I liked the music.

lematos.bandcamp.com/track/eyes-throat-genitals

>What did they mean by this?
I'm confused as well. It's got a pseudo-artistic SJW vibe to it, but I'm clueless about the message.
What the fuck did they mean by this, Sup Forums?

I liked the movie.

Only real problem I had with it was that Applie died like, three times. Played that up a bit too much to make her final one have impact.

Pedro is that you buddy?

ayy waddup my man

Is this a BMX Bandit spinoff?

Where's Angel Summoner?