Since when synth-based nu-metal with the most generic pop structures is considered good?

since when synth-based nu-metal with the most generic pop structures is considered good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YH0j8mGeMes
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

since fantano liked them

this

since this board is full of poptimists in denial

nu metal triggers me

>most generic pop structure
not even remotely true

You're completely missing the point of Death Grips if you really think this

>deluded deathgripsfag

Hi!!!!!! XDdddddDD x FUCKING D!!! I'm Anthony [Insert variation of the name "Fantano" here, because I think that's somehow funny because I'm a retarded autist Redditor who earns his money from making shitty fucking Youtube videos and not by a job like regular people. Haha I'm so hilarious :P:P:pppp xD] "the inernets busiest music [Insert weird ""quirky"" voice and video edit because im a fucking nu-male redditor] nerd! [Retarded catchprase that he uses to attract his shitty ass Reddit fanbase and 15 year old "OMG im so nerdy xDD haha hes a nerd too bcuz he says so xDd i like that dude i also use reddit btw :P [no youre not a fucking nerd bitch. Real nerds are people who spend 12 hours all day just in front of their computer for all their life, not some shitty fucking retards who think their music taste is "special"]] and today we review ANOTHER SHITTY FUCKING "HIP" MUSIC MADE BY SOME SJW FAGGOTS LIKE ANTHONY WHO HAS A SHEBOON AS A FUCKING WIFE!!!! 10/10 IT PROMOTES RACEMIXING - SOME LIBERAL SHITTY MUSIC WEBSITE XDDD IM SO QUIRKY HAHA MY NAME IS ANTHONY XDDD AND IM A FUCK KEK

>you just dont get
c'mon
what is there about this shitty band to get?

post your favourite album

since music is all just sound when you take away the memes and labels and if those sounds affect your brain just the right way then fuck it im buying the album

I've listened to them a few times, don't love them, don't hate them. But saying they're "synth nu metal with generic pop song structures" is completely ridiculous. You can dislike something without trying to debase it.

>deluded deathgripsfag

Bitch please, don't associate such shit music with the brilliantly delicious aural ear candy that is nu metal

kek, that's worse than the shitty copypasta you're trying to le pwn

not a single song on niggas on the moon had an ABABCB traditional pop structure... but the true genius in death grips is not in the structure anyway, it's in the timbres, tones, and the energy of the music. a year ago you prbably liked them two, but now that it is no longer cool you say you don't because you care about what other people think

>not a single song on niggas on the moon had an ABABCB
yes, that's also their only decent album

whoops *too

half of this board, they pretend not to like music that they actually do because they are concern with being on the "next level" of taste or whatever. so dumb. everyone here knows death grips is a very creative and enjoyable band. they are just faggot hipsters

>it's in the timbres, tones, and the energy of the music
so... synth nu-metal?

notm has pretty crazy structure on it

when the fuck did a nu-metal band ever do anything this creative. such a dumb comparison/meme
youtube.com/watch?v=YH0j8mGeMes

>You can dislike something without trying to debase it.
what site do you think you're on?

>timbres, tones, and the energy of the music
don't forgot the rhythms

>synth-based nu-metal
>generic pop structures
neither of those descriptors fit them at all, were you thinking of early Linkin Park?

rapping in 6/8 with an emphasis on the first and 5th beat.... i love shit like that

fuck off

>death grips
>creative
you mean when beware sounds like dalek?
or when the rest of exmilitary is just less noisy spred luv lp?
or when they go rap rock on jenny death
or when they're making trendy edgy trap rap on bottomless pit?
or maybe this: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296 ?

forever waiting for people to realize that gov't plates is their best work

>bottomless
>trap

you are so retarded holy shit

I wonder what kind of shitty life you live to spend all of your waking hours trying to spread this meme and bait DG people.

>Warping, Bubbles Buried in This Jungle, Trash, Houdini, BB Poison, Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood
>not trap

>meme
>bait
lol
keep telling yourself that

>posts songs that are not trap

yes they are not trap

You do realize Zack Hill is a good at least?

"a good"

how so?

if DG is nu metal I guess I love nu metal now

NOTM is their ONLY release that doesn't have generic poppy structures. All their other records are repetitive as fuck on a track to track basis. NOTM goes in the complete opposite direction to the extent where it's their shortest record, too.

i mean they use 808 presets or whatever but if anything its just uhhhhh...TRAP INFLUENCED BEATS

>synth-based nu-metal

not hip hop from atlanta
no generic 808s
no meme hi hats (except... for like on one track)
not about trapping
music isn't trap
no triplet flows

the only thing trap about it is that it is heavy and rhythmic

>using the most generic preset to make the most trendy beats with a just little quirk
>creative
you do realize you're not better than grimesfags at this point, right?

just a*

>not hip hop from atlanta
$uicideboy$ are also not from atlanta

>no generic 808s
wrong

>no meme hi hats (except... for like on one track)
they're on literally every of these tracks

>not about trapping
$uicideboy$ are also not about trapping

>music isn't trap
it is though

>no triplet flows
lots of trap rapper don't use it, including $uicideboy$

rappers*

bones > $uicideboy$

none of those things are true or even make them bad if they were. Thats like dismissing any rock band for using a traditional drum setup and playing in 4/4 or a fucking distortion pedal with guitar. grimes is okay but her fans make it impossible to like her

i care about none of them

>grimes is okay but her fans make it impossible to like her

same with death grips

they're just some stupid memers one one side and some seriously deluded idiots who believe that this band is something groundbreaking/innovative on another

they've made only one great album which is also their only original one at some point

what if you just think theyre fun music to listen to like hella or any zach hill project but with cryptic lyrics

>none of those things are true or even make them bad if they were
deathgripsfag everyone

>Thats like dismissing any rock band for using a traditional drum setup and playing in 4/4 or a fucking distortion pedal with guitar
we're talking about the band who's claimed by their fans as something groundbreaking

>what if you just think theyre fun music to listen to
that's exactly what i think, they're okay but nothing more really
i also think the same about $uicideboy$ or bones, and i don't really hate any of them

>synth-based nu-metal with the most generic pop structures

That's exactly what I want, shut the fuck up

I got to meet Stefan at his art show. Here's a transcript of our conversation: (rough transcript I was anxious af talking to him) Me: hey man, my name is Bailey. Just wanted to say that I really liked your looking at your work tonight. Stefan: cool, thanks Me: How long have you been painting for? Stefan: a long time man Me: I getcha, been something you've just been in to since you were a kid? Stefan: yeah, it's something I've always really enjoyed. Me: that's awesome man, I've done a little bit of painting myself. But not quite this quality. Stefan: *nods his head and slight smile/laugh Me: I really liked how you used just 2 colors for these painting. I feel like it really puts the focus on the subjects. color can be distracting sometimes. I've used black and white a lot in my photography. Stefan: yeahh man. *smiles a bit nodding his head again Me: and I noticed that one over there [I point to the painting of the jar/vase] the black is super strong, Felt to me as if the darkness was overtaking the image, and brought a more somber and dark mood to the piece.

Stefan: *nods again /small little smile again Me: I really liked the painting you did of the snake charmer, I saw it online when you first posted it on your site, and I really loved it. I was really struck by the clarity of the snake and how out of focus the person in the back is, a really interesting contrast there. Stefan: thank you *smiles Me: hey it was nice talking to man, and again, I really enjoy your work. Keep that good stuff coming! Stefan: thanks Bailey. (I go for a fist bump and he looks at me in the face awkwardly and taps my hand with his beer) He was a little uncomfortable until I talked about the colors he used. And then was kinda smiling and not too annoyed haha

Lyrics energy and original sound

agh jesus the autism

I got to meet Grimes at her art show. Here's a transcript of our conversation: (rough transcript I was anxious af talking to him) Me: hey man, my name is Bailey. Just wanted to say that I really liked your looking at your work tonight. Grimes: cool, thanks Me: How long have you been painting for? Grimes: a long time man Me: I getcha, been something you've just been in to since you were a kid? Grimes: yeah, it's something I've always really enjoyed. Me: that's awesome man, I've done a little bit of painting myself. But not quite this quality. Grimes: *nods his head and slight smile/laugh Me: I really liked how you used just 2 colors for these painting. I feel like it really puts the focus on the subjects. color can be distracting sometimes. I've used black and white a lot in my photography. Grimes: yeahh man. *smiles a bit nodding his head again Me: and I noticed that one over there [I point to the painting of the jar/vase] the black is super strong, Felt to me as if the darkness was overtaking the image, and brought a more somber and dark mood to the piece.

Grimes: *nods again /small little smile again Me: I really liked the painting you did of the snake charmer, I saw it online when you first posted it on your site, and I really loved it. I was really struck by the clarity of the snake and how out of focus the person in the back is, a really interesting contrast there. Grimes: thank you *smiles Me: hey it was nice talking to you girl, and again, I really enjoy your work. Keep that good stuff coming! Grimes: thanks Bailey. (I go for a fist bump and he looks at me in the face awkwardly and taps my hand with his beer) she was a little uncomfortable until I talked about the colors she used. And then was kinda smiling and not too annoyed haha

synth based nu metal actually sounds pretty good tbqh the only people who have a problem with this are underage fags riding this anti nu metal fad because they want to rebel against the music their cool older brother jammed to.

its just these self absorbed niggas that think theye deep as shit cause they only like post punk and nick cave. if it isnt cool to namedrop in a faux intellectual conversation then its not good to them, fuck music

This. It's music that feels good. Like, it's not easy to listen to but god damn if it isn't fucking enjoyable.