Thoughts on it, Sup Forums ?

Thoughts on it, Sup Forums ?

For me it was a nice edition with the new phase of FLips on minimalism and synths, but not as solid as The terror

Leave it to Wayne to never let psychedelia die or get outdated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eFoWPsT4wFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was meh

>Sup Forums refuses to give an opinion on anything before Pitchfork

I liked at first, but the more it went the more tired and annoying it sounded.

If it was shorter and had more diversity it would have been alright, but I feel like this going to be forgotten very quickly

Just started it, first song is pretty boring honestly.

Well, it's basically a large song divided in various pieces, so it is supposed to drag. Problem is they choose a minimalist approach, making it sound overall really similar. It feels a lot like the latest Bjork album in that regard. You are not supposed to find a favorite tack, just listen the whole thing, to where it starts from where it goes. I like how they gradually used more electronic beats in the last songs, so it gives a sensation of conclusion, just like various songs have swamp/frogs inserted sounds, having at least a theme.

Link?

youtube.com/watch?v=eFoWPsT4wFc

It's wicked boring.

>youtube

Go fuck yourself

i liked it a lot, but it feels minor in comparison to the terror. most of the songs were good and some were great.

i think the album has really strong atmosphere, it's a unique mood for a psych pop album. the vocal effects and delivery combined with the absurd lyrics give an impression of complete emotional detachment.

ok

That's right bitch

>It was meh
>an opinion

It's basically a more poppy version of The Terror, with much more prominent rhythms. I'm glad they decided to continue with the more bleak sound they've had going since Embryonic (singles had me worried they'd be trying to do yoshimi except without any of the good songwriting), but it's a half step that doesn't reach the artistic/conceptual highs of Embryonic and The Terror and doesn't have the same pop power as Soft Bulletin or Yoshimi.
Might disappoint fans of either style for that reason, but in the end I thought it was really good. While I originally thought the singles had airy, weightless melodies, that works well with the album and keeps them in line with the minimal atmosphere the album has. This album might have my favorite instrumentals of any Flips album, the electronics are pretty great.

Those kind of albums sound awful in headphones, but in quality boomboxes shit gets great

Try it

Yeah, I agree. Go fuck yourself, flacfag.

I liked this a lot, actually. The Flaming Lips present a colorful, psychedelic landscape to the listener, and it's mostly (read: mostly) interesting. It's all very pleasing to the ears without being overly sweet, which is something I don't see enough. And it's really really weird, which is a a good thing, without trying too hard.

But there's a sizable chunk of sound here that's pretty boring, particularly in the back half, and none of the songs really "blew me away." The experince was a lot of "that's cool" and not much more.

Solid 7/10

Im offended that you think wayne is the savior of psych but at least you didnt say kevin parker

It leaked

Not the savior, but definitely a warrior of it

Almost every psych artist of his generation died or "moved on" from it. But he still always finding new ways to push it, even in his obvious depression.

It sucked

I wish Wayne would stop fucking singing