Animal Collective

We can all agree Animal Collective is the greatest band of all time right? No-one in the history of music even comes close to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQbf9oyyGjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Animal Collective and Swans

wtf its radiohead

thanks i needed a laugh op

the singers voice makes me want to be fucking deaf, how can you listen to his fucking gay little screeches? i would dig them if they were pure instrumental

>fell for the Animal Collective meme

arcade fire

why this band look like they gonna fuck they cousins after they hit the pipe

objectively correct

>this whole post
lol...

tame impala is superior

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQbf9oyyGjc

Agreed.

> anco has 1 singer
you know its two lead singers right?

get a man who can do both ;^)
is this unironic i can't tell

AnCo easily top 5 greatest bands of all time.

Tame Impala is better than AnCo. Lonerism is better than MPP.

kevin has horrible vocals and bad songwriting compared to anco
sound wise kevin comes up with some good stuff sometimes but its inconsistent. anco plays around with noise,folk and neo-psych

now on the other hand mgmt shits on tame impala in every way

I really don't like Animal Collective

i would agree unironically

stay pleb

Deakin's solo album is pretty good, better than anything released post SJ anyways

delete this thread immediately, filthy newfag

[abrasive static layers 3 times at once]

Right now they're my favorite band, but I don't think that means they're "the greatest band of all time." It's all subjective

I WAS THERE

It's sad that Anco has become a meme and some anons out there might never give them a proper chance because of it.
Their fans are embarrassing for sure, and they have quite a few bad albums, but I unironically think that when they're at their best they're among the most impressive contemporary songwriters.
I have been in a rut with writing music recently and it makes me feel extra admiration for a lot of their songs, I just can't imagine myself writing stuff that's ever as interesting

MOUNTAIN GAME WAS THE GREATEST GIFT OF 2016

of course deakins yellow

Boards of Canada comes close

>It's all subjective
You weren't supposed to fall for that, user!

To be fair avey and panda do sound alike

i remember back in the day when i couldn't even tell who was singing which songs
so naive
now i have a tracking chip embedded in each of their skulls so i can know their precise location at all times

>best band of the 2000s
FTFY

Tell me a band that is better than ANCO

Maybe on MPP, where they harmonize and have so many effects on their voice its hard to tell. But on literally any other album, as long as you pay a bit of attention, it gets pretty clear. Avey is the scream guy and panda is the guy who gets compared to Brian Wilson way too much.

I honestly believe they are the Beatles of our era...they're doing shit in music that is unmatched. No one sounds like them and they've spurred off a ton of wanna-be's like YAWN, New House, Alvin Band and others I can't currently think of. Even though these bands clearly take HEAVILY from the Animal Collective style, they still don't come close. YAWN probably comes closest.

The entirety of Campfire Songs is genius. The concepts, the lyrics, the songwriting and composition. It may not seem like much at first glance but after listening to it multiple times, analyzing it as a whole...Campfire Songs is definitely my favorite album by them and I honestly believe their best.

The Beatles weren't quite as 'weird' as anco though. Interesting comparison but the Beatles actually hit the mainstream and all that.

I understand what you mean, they don't have the massive following that the Beatles did. So maybe they're more of the Beach Boys of our era. A group that will be more and more respected as time goes on and people begin to realize they aren't just "weird for the sake of being weird". I'm sure a lot of consumers of music felt the same way about Pet Sounds and SMiLE and the lesser known Beach Boys albums. I more so make the comparison in their influence on music as a whole...may not be a fair comparison but it makes sense to me.

it took me a while to distinguish them too, and sometimes I still second-guess
>tracking chip embedded in each of their skulls
kek
t-tame impala

beach boys were way mainstream tho especially before the more experimental stuff
most of their discog is p popular
comparisons like this are useless tho because how much the music industry/ music consumption has evolved
anco is a product of the times

if i was to draw a parallel it'd be to pavement or the replacements

>tfw Deakin

i love aveys hair in this picture. looks like sheeps wool.