What are some Sup Forums approved non-weebshit jap films?

What are some Sup Forums approved non-weebshit jap films?

I can't stand weebshit at all but I enjoyed this despite going in expecting to hate it. I can't tand anime bullshit like the big eyed kawaii uguu trash you see faggots posting here.

What is actually worth watching and what should I avoid like the plague?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pWRU0A0TbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Violence Jack
Genocyber
Cream Lemon
Bobby's In Deep

I take it you like animation, you just don't like the waifu bullshit Sup Forums wanks about?

Pretty much. Fuggin weebs ruin Sup Forums but I feel I shouldn't just write off all nip shit for that reason.

Just these

All chinese cartoons are weebshit no matter what the children of Sup Forums tell you, Sup Forums

EoE

Basically anything from Stewdio Ghibli

None as even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

Yeah, I just try to ignore fans and give things an honest chance. Urusei Yatsura is a really good old comedy anime, for example, regardless of the big eyes.

Over rated waifu shit pretending to be deep.

I can't even tell the memes from reality on this fucking board

The one true animekino.

Obviously Rashomon

> (You)
I'm not memeing. You asked Sup Forums for help and I am an actual Sup Forums poster with no hate or being bullied by Sup Forums

normies getting uppity ruin Sup Forums

Don't worry, the true kinoisseurs will soon be gone. Capeshit is the future of Sup Forums.

AKIRA
K
I
R
A

>jap films

Why are people only suggesting animu?

If you count this as a movie then yes it's really good. The sequel movie/OVA (Reflections) is the worst shit ever though.

TETSUOOOOOOO

Because the board is infested with children of Sup Forums and Sup Forums

>Sup Forums

What? Surely you meant Sup Forums.

Watch Redline when you're stoned out of your mind.

Everything by Satoshi Kon, especially Perfect Blue.

Memories, moslty for Magnetic Rose.

what's essential ghiblicore

Linda Linda, Linda Linda Linda.

Porco Rosso,Kiki, Whisper of the Heart, Totoro, Mononoke, Only Yesterday, Wind Rises and Spirited Away (even if contrarians say it's shit)

I've only seen Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I liked the magical feeling they had, reminded me of being younger. Are those the established pleb ones?

Only Spirited Away because it won a oscar so it's ok to hate it.

Anything by Masaaki Yuasa or Satoshi Kon

Fair enough. Which are the more western styled ones? I'm not so interested in really Japanese stuff.

>Which are the more western styled ones?
I would say that Nausicaa, Lupin, Porco Rosso and Laputa are the ones who have a more european feeling akin to Howls.
But I would also recommend Mononoke, it has Japanese stuff, but it's Miyazaki finest movie for me.

Grave of the fireflies. Make sure you watch the Japanese with English substitles ... You'll never be the same again

Mindgame
Tekkonkinkreet

If it's animation you want, then Akira

great film

Gonna have a hard time finding anything past Kurosawa that has any western appeal.

Japanese make films for the Japanese - they could give a shit about the rest of us

>they could give a shit about the rest of us
>could give a shit

a lot of the beat takeshi movies

youtube.com/watch?v=9pWRU0A0TbM

you haven't seen much jap films then pleb

It's more like anti waifu shit.

Best Jap film of the 21st century

Out of the latest Ghibli films this was the best.

t. cancerous redditor

t. weeb supreme

Love this one

Those are the exact responses OP wanted.

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on The Tatami Galaxy?

Redline

Metropolis (2001)

Can't recommend this movie enough. Be sure to watch the first one too. Bloodlust is constantly overlooked and yet it's better than most of well known movies.
As for your question:
-Almost everything by studio Ghibli
-Everything by Satoshi Kon
-Madhouse studio for good animation
-90's OVAs for solid colors, animation and violence
Lastly use the internet you lazy fuck.

Why would I use the internet when I can get free meme opinions from shut ins on here?

Actually I do value the opinions of Sup Forums as I find people here filter through bullshit quite well.

This so much. Also, Mushishi is pretty based.

I tried watching it but stopped after 5 minutes because the subs go by at 100 miles per hour and I wasn't gonna pause it every 30 seconds to know what they're saying.

this is mushishi? didn't watch the second season but enjoyed the first one. i will try it

best

Depends on an episode and language, really. I had no problem with it.
That's from Magnetic Rose. Second season has better secondary characters and world building. Also, animation got better. Would recommend.

The best.
Seemed scary for the first 5 minutes but you get used to it. And it fits the rest very well.

Where do you watch them tho? Been wanting to watch Tokyo Godfathers, but can't really find a decent torrent for it.

The pacing of Castle of Cagliostro doesn't feel animu-tier at all and it is great adventure movie.

Berserk
Patlabor
Millennium Actress
Paprika

Anything that isn't from Studio Disn- I mean, Ghibli.

I'm the same as you m8 most of it is fucking trash but I like your pic related, spirited away and laputa (castle in the sky)

Pretty much a handful of studio ghibli films. everything else is shit. Trust me.

A childhood classic for me on VHS (like 5 years old) but I watched it the other week and its actually pretty fucking retarded and shit. It's just ridiculous and not in a good way.

Laputa (castle in the sky) is the only other one with a nice 'magical'/adventure feel.

A couple others are a bit comfy and the rest are shit.

Thanks. You're probably right. I guess nips are just predisposed to weeby shit and only a few can make actually good things.

2.88mb of trash

Yeah most of it is annoying, don't be fooled by most of the 'serious' looking ones, they either start off retarded or turn retarded half way through. It's just cheesy/cringey. at least with studio ghibli you know what you're going to get, they're like a comfy simulator.

I think my main issue is that whenever they try to do anything "adult" like sex and violence it comes across like an edgy kids show. No matter how edgy it is, it's still a cartoon, and the Ghibli stuff works with that as it's quite light hearted.

I like cyberpunk stuff and people often mention Ghost in the Shell but I'm 99% sure I'd just find that to be the same sort of cringeworthy shit you see in other animus.

Stop posting this everywhere, you fucking waste. Alice is the literally the only decent film there and it isn't even the director's best.

They make movies that aren't cartoons, y'know? Grow up and watch those.

>I think my main issue is that whenever they try to do anything "adult" like sex and violence it comes across like an edgy kids show

This is what I was trying to say really, it comes across as silly when they're clearly trying to be gritty and serious, I don't understand how people can watch tons of this stuff.

Ghost in the shell was honestly the only non cheesy one of the handful I tried but it ends suddenly at it feels like nothing really happens, I wanted to like it but I couldn't. Weebs would call me a pleb for saying that but then again who cares what they think, look at the trash they watch in general lel.

Why won't you give it a try? You know The Matrix creators were inspired by it, right?

Inception = Paprika
Black Swan = Perfect Blue

Wait. The isn't there a fucking board for this? Stop shitting this one up with your /a tastes.

>Mindgame
>Tekkonkinkreet
these two are amazing, seems to be fairly overlooked though.

Why not post on your own board biscuit arse?
>/a

Isn't the whole point that he wants the opposite of Sup Forums shit?

Also subtle samefagging there

All chinese cartoons are Sup Forums shit you fucking mongoloid

>no mention of Castle in the Sky
cmon

If you like those, then another anime I would recommend (If you haven't already seen it) would be 'Kemonozume', especially if you like that art style.

>fuggin weebs ruin an anime website

>2016
>still thinking Sup Forums is an anime site
Why do you choose to be autistic?

>B-but it was started as weebshit site in 2004 by a guy that's dead now or something like that
They don't choose to be autistic, they are autistic. That's why they watch cartoons for children