GEORGE RR MARTIN BFO!!!

Based Robert Kirkman, creator of the Walking Dead, explains his dissatisfaction with the ASOIAF creator

>"I would never do that," Kirkman says. "That's the one thing I'm disappointed in George R.R. Martin for doing. He should have just been like, 'F--- you.' You make it up now, I'll get to mine when I'm ready."

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/tv/features/robert-kirkman-inside-walking-dead-creators-twisted-mind-new-show-20160531?
youtube.com/watch?v=zuriT7M8hAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>...said the creator of one of the most boring comic books ever, on which the shittiest tv show currently airing is based on.

/thread

>you will never sniff the anus of a beautiful woman after she has shat out her morning logs and the boquet is at its most powerful and some crystlized poo crystals whaft up your nasal passarges

Robert Kirkman shits on his own creation though

>look it's a turd calling a shit a nigger

So a shitty spoke the truth?

He should have just been like, 'F--- you.' You make it up now, I'll get to mine when I'm ready."

Isn't this exactly what GRRM did?
He told HBO to 'make up' the story for now, while he would take his time writing 'his own' version 'when he's ready'.

I'm not a native English speaker, so I may be wrong here, but I find this choice of words a little unclear.

Truth comes from the most unexpected places.

>walking dead
>anything but a meme show

Thread but he is still right, this fat fuck should have rushed the end of his book goddammit

He didn't got the video were Martin says he considers HBO fan fiction and get away with it because of a big ass check.

Not canon, so they can do whatever they want

George, stop shit posting on Sup Forums and finish the fucking book already.

>this fat fuck should have rushed the end of his book goddammit

And ruin it?

That quote is taken out of context, if you read OP's image you see he's complaining about that, GRRM letting the HBO writers to change the story any way they want.

its been forever since i read ASOIAF and ive only seen a couple episodes here and there of the show but can someone give me a quick tl;dr of all the changes the show has made?

smirkfu doesn't play that big of a part in the books from what i remember and jaime pretty much says 'fuck you' to cersei and then goes off and does his own thing but now in the show he's helping her again or something? no i wont just go to /got/

fpbp

This guy's had his tires pumped a bit too much.

>George, stop shit posting on Sup Forums and finish the fucking book already.

>finishes
>it's the shittest ending ever.

He's absolutely right but also completely hypocritical. The Walking Dead went totally off the rails even in Season 1, it was clear the comic was just a very loose basis for the series..

Kirkman is a sellout hack who needs to shut the fuck up and go on a diet.

Reddit is fucking pissed ITT. How dare he say what you dumb cunts rattle every other hour.

So Kirkman wanted George to be further hack in having D&D have to now make everything up themselves while George continues not to finish the fucking books?

Kirkman confirmed hack

There a crapton of changes
>they ruined Dorne completely
>they ruined Jaime
>they ruined Theon
>they changed Cersei, although show Cersei it's not that much of a bad character
>they ruined Stannis
>too much shoehorned feminism
>they ruined Euron
>they ruined the Ironborn plot in general

Where is the link you overeager fuck?

he's right, fuck the fat man

i honestly can't believe more people aren't mad as fuck about it

not to mention the books have enough content to EASILY fill enough 10 episode seasons until he's finished with the books, but for some reason they cut 75% of all the material because they had to pander to their retarded audiences and just wanted to get to the omg so ebic set peices

fuck dumb and dumber, fuck hbo. fuck Grrm

wouldn't be any worse than having the major plot points revealed by D&D who have no business writing dialogue that isn't a dick joke

Kirkman is writing comics that come out in months and Martin is writing a novel that is more than 1000 pages.

Not OP but

rollingstone.com/tv/features/robert-kirkman-inside-walking-dead-creators-twisted-mind-new-show-20160531?

Kirkman really shouldn't talk...

did he not see the latest TWD episode?

>i would never do that

lmao m8 just lmao

Kirkman writes multiple comics, works in telivision, and has even been given the reigns to transformer movies oddly enough. Sadly GRRM is just a sickly fucking Mexican.

grrm wrote some plot points for D&D on greasy pizza boxes but im sure like 95% is made up by them at this point

tv viewers should be pissed. While i get to read the pure unadulterated story you are stuck with what some ex saturday night live writer came up with while being high

>implying there was anything to ruin in the first place

>that pic

why does grrm let them do this

I wonder if he'll have the same feelings in 2017 when TWD catches up to his comics

He considers the show fanfiction.
And as long as he gets trucks loaded with money he doesn't care.
Verbatim.

The quote in that pic is made up bullshit

Lmao ikr. TWD is complete shit

Neither Invincible nor TWD aren't as well mapped out as any GRRM novel is. He's making them up as he goes, relying on shitty cliffhangers and unoriginal storytelling; he only co-produces TWD show, he barely writes anything. He basically gives the showrunner his input, then goes and fucks off for the rest of the day; the outcast comic/show is so cliché a 10 year old could write it in half a day after watching the exorcist.

GRRM's writing isn't genius by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he puts far more effort into it than Kirkman does.

The user above me is not the world's biggest faggot

Bullshit. It's very real. Its out of context but real.

>says the guy that allowed Hollywood Jews and faggots to completely fag up his based characters and turn his story into the piece of shit that it is today...

>shittiest tv show currently airing

You are literally autistic if you really think this

This

they can both go fuck themselves

Don't see what the problem is.

RR doesn't care about the show, that is not his vision, his work of art are the books. Why would he be upset about people who are too lazy to pick up a book and thus wouldn't even be aware of his work are now enjoying a waterdown version of his story. He collects his paycheck and he expands his readership of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Blame the audience not the writers.
The audience wants something fast, some twist, some cliffhangers.
When screenwriters try to do something different their shows get cancelled after 2 seasons.
The Sopranos and The Wire are from the past now, the audience changed with internet.

This is a sensible reply

>"Now that I'm King, let's go kill my niece and nephew"
Good job dnd for writing such a great story.

i'm under the impression he told them a few wew moments from TWOW but i believe that he's kept almost all the ADOS revelations to himself. I expect ADOS to be totally different than s7/8 of the show, but start at a very similar place.

It's pretty funny how fleshed out characters of an adaptation of a comic book feel vs Game of Thrones approach of "fuck it were HBO just give us your money we gotta get this shit over with okay?"

Why is HBO in such a mad rush anyhow? Don't they want to make money? George and DnD are each other's worst enemies.

I think the most shocking reveal for ADoS will be that it never gets published.

Its a catagorical fact. Anyone who knows good writing can see it really is bottom of the barrel

I like Invincible, so fuck you

HAHAHA is he delusional? GOT has won numerous awards. The Walking Shit has 0. He's just salty HBO laughed his edgy picturebook out of the office.

And i like game of thrones. We're both guilty of liking mediocre media.

Animated series when.

Game of Thrones and ASOIAF are both schlocky trash smut but they are still better and more original than TWD

>nooo muh rick and neegan muh shitty show

i agree

>one talentless unoriginal sellout hack said to the other

No, it's not.

That quote as written doesn't exist. It's made up.

Look it up on google if you don't believe me. The only source is the image

He told them the ending and some other shit like.. Wait for it..... Get hype for it.... #CLEGANEBOWL

The Walking Dead is a good show, I enjoy watching it, but it just doesn't compare to Game of Thrones.

I think Image doesn't even understand you can do that. they must believe DC and Marvel have a patent on the media of animated shows. they've got so much stuff that would translate well and they don't even try

You must be retarded if you think that TWD or it's shitty spinoff isn't the worst show currently airing. And no shit shows on Fox, ABC, TBS, TNT etc etc don't even count.

>wouldn't be any worse
it undoubtedly would've been.

I think they compare rather well, both are bloated as fuck and very far up their own asses

>ADOS
>ever coming out

yeah, i think they are basically the same show with either a zombie or fantasy setting

Weiss did actually say this in the Inside the Episode video for that episode, where Arya hides needle. And the text is taken directly from AFFC. Sorry dan, read the books.

The best thing about Invincible is the contrast of the bright colors and the shocking amount of violence, it'll lose that in a LA adaptation, that and the budget for a movie would be way better spent on a series.

Is it confirmed?

>finishes
>it's just a long cliffhanger for another book

The Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on television right now, worse than many basic cable shitfests.

I'm not even memeing, I hate that normies compare twd to GoT just because they're on the same level of popularity, or even worse compare twd to the other amc shows.

I'm afraid no matter the ending, it will never satisfy the fanbase.

I hear people say this all the time...
But then they mention what shows they think are "better", which always ends up being some pleb tier shit show.

I think Rome was a great show, Spartacus season 1 and the pre-season was excellent too.

Really hard to beat that, but it went downhill with the recasts, and Rome for some stupid reason was cancelled.

There, I gave two top tier examples of better shows than the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

>and Rome for some stupid reason was cancelled.
Money isn't stupid.

No he fucking didn't

youtube.com/watch?v=zuriT7M8hAk

Rick feels like a character that's been through 6 seasons of hell. Jon Snow feels more cookie cut than a Bioware videogame protagonist. Sgt. Ginger Handlebar and his autistic sidekick Eugene feel more genuine than every living soul in GoT. I have no idea how anyone geeky enough to post about tv shows on the internet would like GoT S5-6 over TWD S5-6.

rome was the only show or even movie for that matter where Rome actually felt lived in. It was all dirty and shitty like all big cities are. Usually you just see shiny clean structures and it feels so new and fake

I am not surprised Sup Forums people are this uncultured they believe this image

They're not even on the same level of popularity. TWD is way more popular and has twice the viewership of GoT even when factoring in pirating and other shit. That's because it's actually the better show and appeals to more people.

Does he not remember the shitstorm surrounding the show based off his own series? How the original concept guy was pushed out by AMC? That they blatantly changed the storyline until it was nothing like the comic? The budget issues? The ruining of characters? The lacking the balls to kill anyone off in a significant way ever again after Hershel?

It's ok to be mentally retarded. There's a lot of sub par government programs to help you

>mfw Invincible is the original Murderman

and that's okay, since the character was never meant to be like superman

Then why didn't he do anything about all the changes to TWD?

>that sword is the way she will exact her revenge... its the instrument of that revenge

the hack failed to explain Arya and Jon's relationship and why it was so special to Arya.

BAD PUSSI DABID

wait a minute, so the books won't be the same as the show? top lel. well i imagine he must do that, not as many people would bother with the books if they knew everything.

that's bold coming from one of the worst season finales on television
fuck him

Image doesn't have anything to do with it, they don't own Invincible or any of their books, Kirkman and others do. Imagine how difficult it would be to fund a hyper violent ANIMATED series that would 40+ episode to cover at least of the source material.

You'd probably get Bojack Horseman tier animation.

Or when his new show catches up to the comics in just one or two seasons.

>lemme change the argument

Top kek

well you do one short season and see how well it's recieved. if it gets cancelled it gets cancelled, but you at least try. besides how expensive are 2D animated shows? i think live action shit would cost a lot more