Wendy's chef here

Wendy's chef here

Why shouldn't the minimum wage be increased to maybe $11-$12/hr?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/chart1
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-07/air-force-pressed-to-make-l-3-pay-after-fire-traced-to-loose-nut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wendy's
>chef

>Wendy's
>chef

Minimum pay is designed for minimum skills. Go to school and get some better skills for a better job.

>Wendy's
>chef

I think it would hurt small business or at least cause them to decrease staff, which would suck since I live in a college town with a lot of very nice small businesses. Though I think it's still reasonable. Hell, I work at Walmart and we get 10.50 an hour starting out.

in 1960 the minimum wage was $10 an hour adjusted for inflation

samefag

you got me

cause i just ordered a fucking baconater and your dumb ass gave me a single. if you cant even remember what i ordered 3minutes ago, you don't deserve anything over 9$, count your self lucky you filthy peasant.

^everything
The dumb nigs at virtually every fast food restaurant near me are mentally incapable of making my food in a correct or timely manner, and therefore do not deserve more than a child selling lemonade

>Minimum pay is designed for minimum skills. Go to school and get some better skills for a better job.
This.

[Citation Needed]
>Inb4 wikipedia, or libshit blog articles.

min wage is 10.75 $ here.

I never worked for min wage. all my jobs have always got me paid more.
I think most jobs should pay more than they do.

Fuck that shit. Worthless fucks want better pay, get a better job.

>Claims understanding the devastating economic impact.
>Though I think it's still reasonable.

technoly, minimum wage should've bee increase along side inflation, the fact that it hasn't is just fucking retarded, now i'm not saying minimum wage should be 15 dollars a hour, but it should be sufficant to live on if you work atleast 40 hours a week and only support yourself and maybe a +1(significant other, a single child etc) the problem is how many in teh work force get stuck in minimum wage jobs and are trying to support themselves adna family of 6, i mean for fucks sake, close your goddamn legs, or wear a goddamn condom you damn fool.

Minimum wage is $10.75 here. I don't think jobs like that should be payed much then that. Maybe like $13 max. It's only a shit highschool job

look it up yourself fagget

because I was an assistant manager of mcdonald's and only made 10$ an hour

I don't read fiction

>chef
right

>Literally believes one single negative aspect is enough needed to entirely decide one's opinion.

because you don't need to buy more crack than you already do

quebec fag detected

Your loss aspy.

>>Literally believes one single negative aspect can't possibly cause multiple additional complications.

IT-16/hr

Learn a fucking trade other than burger flipping. I'm a welder and I make 30 an hour, with about 6 years experience.

shit yes my nigger

I manage a convenience store. Not fast food, but still minimum wage to start. If you do your job the way you should, completing all or most tasks during your shift, then I think the amount of work that actually goes into just keeping one of these stores running warrants something a little more. However, 9/10 of the people we hire cannot manage to keep up, or otherwise opt to just stand at the counter meanwhile trash is overflowing and bathrooms are nasty or whatever. So, they get what they deserve. Would they be better motivated with the incentive of a little more pay? Can't really say, though they aren't exactly jumping through hoops for a decent eval and a pay bump. Anyone that comes in and does a decent job is obviously qualified for some kind of better paying unskilled work or is better off going to school for a degree or certification and eventually leaves on little notice when that something better comes along. That was my plan, to go to school instead of working at a gas station, but circumstances make that impossible for the moment, so I just applied for a management position with a stable schedule to make it possible in the future. Anyway, I think that with the amount of work involved in doing the job properly the company could spare a couple more dollars, but these people don't deserve it most of the time.

Inb4 minimum wage increases haven't caused economic collapse yet.
Inb4 your argument existed every single time.

Or get skills without school
>get experience instead of debt
>???
>profit

wish I did
I went to university and got me a 4 year electrical engineering
now I assemble plastic pieces in a factory.

>school
you mean college,
that is a pyramid scheme.

no a trade school where you go to learn a specific thing instead of a few years course load of bullshit to plough through.

Increasing minimum wage doesn't cause economic collapse. You are absolutely right. The part all you liberal cucks seems to conveniently misunderstand is that minimum wage has never before been raised at the rates you all claim they should be (in excess of 30-40%). That has been done specifically to prevent economic collapse.

Seattle raised their minimum wage to $15ph (a 30% increase over the remainder of the state) last year, and in that short amount of time their unemployment has more than doubled. Their crime rates have increased dramatically, and the steady and long term rise of personal wealth within the city not only stopped but has steadily dropped since the laws effect. Not to mention every single nigger and single mom on the west coast flocked there like it was deadbeat Mecca.

so you are saying all that shit happens when you have to pay more for labor?

Sir why do you think they flock to the west? Whatever happened to east is the beast and west is the least?

I'm saying all that shit happens when employers are placed under undue hardships because the nigger flipping burgers or washing your fucking windows at the gas station wants a 40% raise.

Businesses close, leave, or find alternatives to human labor. I was in Seattle last month and I stopped at a fast food chain. Literally every single cashier had been sacked and replaced with kiosks. The same was true for a walmart I stopped at, and a Verizon store.

When minimum wage because too much to handle the jobs were eliminated, plain and simple. This lead to higher unemployment loss of wealth, and increased crime. If you can't understand how these changes affect each other then you will never understand social, economic, or civil issues at a level in which you can contribute effectively to any conversation regarding them.

>tl:dr - My argument is raising it by nearly half might be bad.

yes

ITT: People actually believing business will no longer function with a raise to 10 bucks.

your wong tho

I agree with this. I wish their position was completely automated so it was accurate but then they'd be out robbing and not paying taxes.

Really? Oh wow. Your argument has moved me. I now see the error of my ways. Thank you so much for enlightening me to this.

LOLZ

"Wendy's "Chef"

Having a minimum wage is bad economics in the first place. Increasing it would just make the current problems worse.

>logs into Sup Forums
>expecting more than in this thread

hurr

This

dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/chart1

"Wendy's "Chef"

HAhahahahahaha

You should be replaced by a robot.

>n-nine dollars an hour would bankrupt the economy guys!!1
>g-guys!!!!

and conservatives are always saying that profit motivates innovation and work, is it hard to understand that with more money they would actually do more work?

yeh but i cant do the bmath to verify ur data shitlord

If that was true nobody would settle for a minimum wage job.

tfw min wage increase just means youre taxed aharder.

Thats something retarded for you to speak. Just some people have no access to above pay or need a quick job or 2.

so why would anybody settle for a higher paying job? because its not profitable ??

you stupid people can never get the order right. when i get the order i have to check the bag to make sure the order is right.

>Just some people have no access to above pay
That's untrue in so many ways it's impossible to explain them.

I think what you meant to say is :
>Just some people have no desire to work harder, or better themselves in return for higher pay.

>2013
>want to try those mighty wings mcdonalds was shilling at the time
>order mighty wings
>get a big mac instead

I'm still pissed

mistakes happen all the time, at least that order didnt cost you $60,000,000

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-07/air-force-pressed-to-make-l-3-pay-after-fire-traced-to-loose-nut

If you are complaining about the struggle of working at a minimum wage job which is designed for living wages of 1 unskilled person then you have nothing to blame but yourself. Minimum wage increases due to the cost of living increases which is bad.

Why should government have the authority to tell business owners what to do? Don't like the pay get an education or at least a skill faggot

You fuckers keep forgetting to give me my entire order, for fucks sake.

Not everyone lives in urban areas. You can't fault people in general that will always be removed from wealthier areas since they will always exist.
>Peasants live outside the castle.

Because dumb high school cunts like you think working at Wendy's makes you a chef. Guess what goes on all fields

Mcdonalds worker here.

Most of the time it's the customer's own fault for a bad order. It's usually something they didn't expect came with the order and wanted to save face like an asshole or were drunk.

if that were true people on min wage wouldnt need to get gov assistance. todays min wage is no where near designed to be a livable wage

so you ARE saying that happens when cost of labor goes up too much?

the amount of people on food stamps in this country is sickening

the amount of corporate welfare in this country is even higher

like its even that much anyway, i had to apply for unemployment since i couldnt get a job after 40 tries, you know how much i get? 88 fucking dollars a week, like that is gonna help with my $600 rent

I lived in various coffee houses and my car when I was going through rough times

unemployment here gives you 600$+ per month
plus gov checks (about 80$ per month)

enough for rent or bills

>Doesn't get how inflation works
>Minimum wage will always be minimum wage
No wonder you're stuck at the bottom rung on society

its actually my moms house but only me and my dad pay, and hes starting to struggle, if i had no responsibilities i would do that

thats probably the max though isnt it?, the max here in texas is $450 a week but i only get $88

because when minimum wage raises the cost of living does fuck nuts

yes

no it does not

is it because you arn't "officially" paying rent that the set it so low?

I was born into wealth and am firmly against a minimum wage of any kind. I get a big power boner over so many people slaving away at a company I can buy stock in and profit off of them like animals.

It should

If you're younger than 20, you don't need 15 an hour. If you're still working at Wendy's post 20, you're a useless, talentless faggot and you should an hero by impaling yourself on a broom handle and apologize to you parents for being a useless piece of shit in your suicide letter. Maybe even kill your parents for having you. But still commit broom handle an hero love love cummies fun time nigger faggot kike

I will kill you

I don't live in an urban area, in fact I have spent a majority of my life in Rural America. My belief is just as valid here as anywhere else in this country.

they never asked me how much i pay rent, only how much i used to make at my last job, wich was $1200 a week. they actually have no idea how much my expenses are, they never asked

you are an idiot its supply and demand... if your salaries go up costs will rise with them moron

>$450 a week
vs
>$600 per month

so yeah, texas pays more than quebec unemployment.
I think the max is 690$ or 800$ per month here

thats not what supply and demand means lol

ok, but dont you guys get free healthcare? idk , i still only get $88 a week though.

why do I keep running into people from texas on Sup Forums?

because theyre all unemployed? if you dont work in the oilfield or drive an 18 wheeler, then you have a shit job with little hours or unemployed would be my guess.

its not exactly free
we pay the most taxes in the world

I lose about 20% of my pay check in taxes
going to the doc is free here but medication isn't
its covered by 80-90%.
sometimes its not even covered

>acne cream costs $200 for a small bottle
>not covered

>eye surgery needs eye drops
>costs $50 for a small bottle
>you need 3 different drops
>not covered

hmm, idk man, maybe you should move down here then. i dont know what else to say about that since i dont know how living is up there, and i dont remember my medical expenses.
i remember a crown on my tooth cost about $1000 to $1500, i know because i paid maybe $600 up front and still owe $600....3 years later