13 Hours

If Pain and Gain didn't already do it, does this finally end the "Michael Bay sucks" meme?

This felt so aptly directed, restrained and measured compared to his previous works. It's tonally cohesive, action is always perfectly decipherable and incredibly effective in building tension through visual storytelling. The script is surprisingly really good, with its attention to details, characterization, understanding of a complex geopolitical chessboard, depiction of power dynamics and tactical situations. Like American Sniper, it's far from mindless muh 'murika heroes, blind patriotism bullshit. The political message is minimal, but there's a clear non-PC POV, in just showing how the guys who physically risk their lives the most are fully aware that the chain of command (CIA, WH) is fucking them -and local populations- over but they're simply professionals good at killing and trying to make a hard living because the economic situation is hell at home.

While it still fetishizes warfare with shots that linger on muscles or guns for maximum visual impact inherited from his MTV style, it genuinely feels like a anti-war, more than an action movie with a siege situation, it's a horror movie, a nightmare, in the tradition of Romero's Night of the Living Dead or Carpenter's Assault.

I am genuinely excited. I think Bay is one of the best directors of our time, without being shoved up his own ass like Snyder.

Yeah. Now comes the age of the "Michael Bay is somewhat competent when he tries" meme.

I haven't seen this yet but The Rock was a great action film.

Yes that part where one dunecoon literally gets sawn in half in a hail of bullets felt really restrained and subtle, the hidden symbolism was barely noticeable

Pretty good movie. The guy from the office sucked though. Lots of stupid little one liners and terrible delivery of his short sentences.

technically he is a great director, he just wants the easy fast dollar, so he goes the lowbrow schlock route.

he gives the plebs their slop. but i KNOW he could drop some fine art shit that even james cameron would catch hell trying to reach.

also the family photo floating through the air after the mortar hit. very subtle stuff.

Who keeps making these threads?

This movie was fucking shit. Fuck off.

So why hasn't he?

Hillary please leave.

I got a strong Scott vibe in one or two places and not in a good way, and some of the usual Bay-ism dialogue was weak, but other than that it was good.

Pain and Gain was unfunny drivel but 13 Hours actually was really intense, same feeling as a good horror movie

also was light in the propaganda and is the only movie I've seen where you see literally the bad guys wives and kids grieving over their dead bodies after the heroes escape

>why would they show what an LMG does to someone in a war movie? is it racist?

The only thing I'd disagree with you on is that American Sniper was mindless muh 'murika heroes, blind patriotism bullshit

LMGs don't do that silly

Maybe he can do translations very well, but has ZERO knack for coordinating an original screenplay.

American Sniper was awful though

All I can do is suggest you to re-watch Eastwood's WW2 movies

fast easy money. It's his drug. pump out the scholck for huge paycheck, rinse , repeat.

his technical skills are amazing though, maybe he just hast found his true muse yet?

Given how badly the US fucked up in Libya, I was surprised by how apolitical this was.

>Six men

What about the brave women of color, you sexist hitlord?

If you look hard enough, they are in there.

It had 10/10 effects, i literally couldn't see one effect that looked iffy or fake.

>characterization
lmao what characterization? The only reason the audience should like the main characters is because they have families back home. Not one of them have any distinct personality traits and are all the same even though they set them up to be very different from each other. Only character I remember having a little personality was the ex-army dude.
But yes the effects were good.
Movie is a 6.5/10, not anything higher than that.

>muh benghazi
hillary did nothing wrong you cucks

Might be the first time I've seen a movie rpg that's not slow motion or flying at the speed of a soccer ball.

>"We Came, We Saw, He Died"

>The US

Let's be clear here, Hillary

You literally get torn apart when hit with something like 12.7mm. What's the point complain about gore in R-rated war movie?

>boo hoo some CIA operatives and the ambassador guy died in efforts to destabilize another country.

That film is honestly laughable with it constantly reiterating that Americans dying is the most horrible thing that can possibly happen. Good effects though