Why does everyone hate Skrillex? I want real reasons, not "because he's a faggot"

Why does everyone hate Skrillex? I want real reasons, not "because he's a faggot"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1a4C_SxvITk
youtu.be/_6Au0xCg3PI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's cool to hate things that are popular.

People are just jealous of his success tbh

Because his music is shit

because he's a faggot like me

dubstep/grime was good. then there came skrillex. the faggot

Exactly, I actually like a bunch of his 'songs'

Because its generic shit and hes an autist faggot.

Because he considers himself a musician and what he makes, music.

Skrills made some good shit what are you talking about

I used to back in the days of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, and Slats Slats Slats, but he gravitated towards a sound that I didn't enjoy anymore. But I have gravitated towards Techno and House myself, so can't blame it all on him

He's the singer of Emo Hardcore dubstep Faggot band called From First to Last

Because he was in first to last originally and screamo is ghey

youtube.com/watch?v=1a4C_SxvITk

this shitty band

Because he's a big faggot

He had a few good songs honestly, but must of his new stuff is fucking garbage. I don't hate him, in fact I'm hoping he will make decent music again.

Oh that faggot, who's actually like him anyway?

Because its cool to hate all popular things. I dont understand why oldschool dubstep lovers go full autistic if they hear skrillex the guy has some real skills even tho I dont like his brostep either.

He is a musician. He makes music. Whether our not you consider it music is up to you but the internet and iTunes, etc consider it music. He makes it, therefore he is a musician.

Because his fanboys can't take a fucking upright photo

Because he's a mega faggot.

Doesn't make him a good musician

I think people who hate him for that reason tend to be the purists who don't like that people are calling his music dubstep, when dubstep is actually artists like Kahn, Loefah, Swindle, Kromestar, etc

doesn't make him bad either

He is not in from first to last, they had no Dubstep aspect, they were a rock band. Sonny was in it, but quit to do electronic music.

Because skrillex is Disney and you're a tool if you haven't realized that.

I can play classical with my armpit and fart noises, doesn't mean people should pay to hear it.

No he's not. He's a musical programmer. You have to play an instrument to be a musician. Not play a computer

If you're good at it then let people pay to hear you

this

His computer is his instrument gag kek

he was in a band before doing his edm stuff

So composers are not musicians either?

According to your logic, Beethoven and Bach didn't make music?

TWO ROOOOADS SPLIT UP FROM HERE AND MY LIFE GOES RUUUUUUNING IN OOO POOO SIIITE DIIIIIIRREECTIOOOONS EXAGGERATING THE BARRIER BETWEEN WHO I AM AND WHO I WANT TO BEEEE!

>Both amazing piano players
Pianos are not computers, composing is not synthesizing.

They also stood in front of symphonies and composed. If you use something to make music, it is an instrument.

You're just throwing words around. What do you even trying to say by "composing is not synthesizing"?

Composing does not include playing any instrument.
You can compose however you want. Be it on paper or with a computer.

^^^^

because hes openly living out his homosexual lifestyle

Because brostep is terrible.

He's not homosexual? He was just dating Ellie Goulding.

>You can compose however you want.
Spoken like someone who has never even attempted composing.

I'm not throwing words around, one is an organic process of playing an instrument and composing others, while the other can literally be a algorithm that you type in and play from beginning to end, no talent or practice necessary aside from programming. I'm not saying math can't create music, I'm saying it cant compose it. The timing, tune and pitch, decibels (how loud it is), everything can be changed on a slider on a program and saved from that point on.

They are completely different ways of creating a song, you can't say that there is no difference between the two.

Pianofag here

in other words, because hes a faggot

dubstep is cancer

Also if you tried composing without listening to what you write, then you better be a damn god like beethoven. Because it's more than likely going to be shit.

Have you heard his "music"?

DJing mostly deals with using an interface to organize a beat, you still require a musical ear to make a song, let alone make a good one. You're just fuckin butthurt because people don't listen to fuckin pianos anymore.

>comparing Beethoven and Back to skrillex
>autism

Because I'm a butthurt emofag and I want sonny moore back. Also his hair looks stupid now.

You hit the nail on the head dude. Been listening to old dubstep lately and been so nostalgic over it.

They're all composers, no? They can easily be compaired. Dubstep is a lot like classical music just modernized.

There is no difference in the end result. The means mean fuck all. I could literally just change this sentence of yours;

>The timing, tune and pitch, decibels (how loud it is), everything can be changed on the sheet and saved from that point on.

because, as you know exactly, a sheet is literally a collection of instructions.

this

I hate this argument. If you program the music, you're making music = you're a musician. Music is the final product not the physical act of playing.

Exactly

This.
>serious music fag here

Also I met skrillex in Malibu. He seemed like an ok dude living his dreams and generally being chill. Very short and his hair looked greasy as fuck. Had a little harem of kinda hipstery girls and nerdy guys with him.

He was on tour he was probably sweat as fug from th e performance and lack of shower facilities

No this was a little while ago when he was recording with diplo et al in Malibu. The label had a house for him an a bunch of other musicians. I work at another studio in the area.

>serious music fag here
>goes on to sucks skrillex's dick
Yeah? You play the computer as well faggot?

ITT Children that think as long as the end results in what someone calls a song, the process is irrelevant.

The music is opinion, the process is not. Dubstep is the lazymans music.

Guitar actually. I used to be a faggot dubstep/edm hater but I grew up.

>grew up
Out of your teens.

Trips of truth.

Edgy kids and hipsters are incapable of forming a genuine personal identity, so instead they spew hatred for anything that more than a dozen people have heard of in order to seem like special snowflakes the world just can't understand.

Dubstep is more complex than just playing an instrument, you have to worry about the whole song and it's flow, etc, as apposed to just the instrument you're playing. Same goes for writing symphonies.

That has nothing to do with this faggot

Yeah beethoven never gave a shit about the flow of his 30 minutes pieces.

fuckthisthreadimout.jpeg

Not an argument.

because all his music had no rhythm, beat or emotion
it just felt random and spastic
thank god it died because I remember dubstep found its way into a few tv shows, commercials and movies

You know very often people making music on computers will use a midi keyboard right?

I do. I also use them. I have never seen skrillex use one.

Purple Lamborghini. Nuff said.

So your problem is specifically with skrillex now? I thought you were of the mind that the whole genre of dubstep, and further expanded electronic music itself was all just digital bleep and bloop switches without any more physical instruments involved....

scary monsters is the shit man
i bumped that back in 2010 and still can listen to it

i respect peoples opinions if they dont like the music but people who never even listened to it and hate on it is autism
crab mentality is prevalent in majority of the population, if you dont know it and others say they hate it, then so do you

All I've been saying is distinguishing between composing and programming.

In my opinion, someone who has enough understanding to use a program to create a song is no more a composer/musician than I'm a painter because I can make stick figures on microsoft paint that people are willing to pay for.

Skrillex is just a good example of talentless, ok music that became popular.

Do you literally, honestly think that using a computer to compose removes all requirements?

He appropriated our culture and ruined it so that drunk white American faggots on bath salts could "relate" to something they know little to nothing about

Not all, enough.

Are you saying my microsoft paint stick figures are completely talentless? Obviously not, just mostly.

But you can also make incredible drawings with Paint only.

With talent, maybe.

And maybe someday some dubstep artist will make amazing music on a computer only.

spoopy elephants and wealthy negroes

Because he makes garbage and calls it music, and people believe it.

cuz he have make nice dubstep and yet does he make shity Trap Shit He Must Be Kyhs

because it's not 2010 anymore.

Music like that has a shelf life.

I don't hate him
I do feel bad he worked with Bieber however
but I don't hate him

When you lose the fedora you'll see the world differently too

youtu.be/_6Au0xCg3PI

Got em!

Because it simply isnt my genre and I really dislike the sound of dubstep/house/techno in general

But skrillex is not worse for me than any other dubstep artist

because I dont enjoy his "genre" of music