*deletes the this many boyfriends club*

*deletes the this many boyfriends club*

That's easily top 3 in the album and of their most unique songs in their catalog. It mixes their naive love storytellying with some pretty harsh instrumental part, it's like twee power electronics

So fuck you if you don't find that good

it a meme bruhb

it my favourite BH song

Oh...

Wanna be my friend, then?

please

i honestly think this is one of the greatest albums ever written

>one of the greatest albums ever written
it's not fair to put 4 beat happening albums that high up

It ain't got shit on their s/t desu

t. 16 year old

t. 17 year old

correct ranking
1a. s/t
1b. you turn me on
3. black candy
4. jamboree
5. dreamy

1. jamboree
2. s/t
3. black candy
4. you turn me on

rest

I can sort of agree with this but:

s/t > you turn me on > jamboree > dreamy > black candy

black candy's highs are too high to be below dreamy
other side, knick knack, cast a shadow vs cry for a shadow is no contest

Yeah, black candy's highs are amazing and rank among the top of their discog for sure. Cast a Shadow is simply pop genius.

But i dunno, the album as a whole never convinced me. Has a murky sound to it that i don't fully dig and the second-tier songs are kinda forgettable. Dreamy isn't that great but despite not having such amazing songs i think it flows a bit better

the problem is i can't find the s/t anywhere with the proper tracklisting, all the versions floating around are like 25 tracks long with some tracks even repeated and such, i hate that shit

there is defo some of their best stuff on s/t but I haven't heard it how it should be: 20 mins of twee pop loveliness. instead i always get these 50 minute loated messes and i guess it's put me off it unfairly

I know what you mean. The reissues didn't make the album a favor at all. It's a fully different album after them. If your album ends up being two times as long (a bit more, even) as it used to be, then it's fucked up; it's not the same. And a lot of material is waaay too primitive and not in the charming way, just throwaways, and there is no point in having more than one version of some of the songs.

What i did: downloaded the reissue with all the material, checked out the original tracklist, deleted what was added in subsequent versions. The original tracklist isn't perfect (having two versions of Bad Seeds is sorta useless) but it does have plenty of their best material and is overall really, really solid.

About a year ago i realized i kept the "wrong" (meaning not the one in the original tracklist) version of Run Down the Stairs. But it was a happy mistake; it has this tiny thing in which Heather sort of has a small laugh and tries to keep singing which feels really intimate and is one of my favorite moments in music, period.

i agree with this
original run down the stairs is absolutely the best
especially that unsteady drumming at the beginning

imagine not thinking that you turn me on is their best album

wait, that one is the original? now i'm confused

the one i like the best is that one, the one which you describe as having the unsteady drumming. that's the original? i thought the 1.55 long one is the original.

Correct but switch jamboree and black candy

that's the one released on their s/t ep
but they re-recorded it a year later for their s/t album

best one is the ep release, re-recorded one is album, if i was confusing there

ohh, i get it now. yeah, the EP one is miles better.

everyone can agree that You Turn Me On is their best right?

not gonna happen, s/t has a lot of fans.

i think that at least we can all agree that the best one must be either s/t - jamboree - you turn me on. picking black candy or dreamy is just being contrarian

i consider it to be their best by a comfortable margin

i could understand someone going for black candy
dreamy is just shiet