Exactly 20 years ago, on this very day...

Exactly 20 years ago, on this very day, Ricardo Lopez sent his sulfuric acid spraying mail bomb to Icelandic singer Bjork's London address. He then went home, shaved his head, painted his face, and sat in front of his video camera while Bjork songs played in the background. Ricardo then shot himself in the head with a .38 caliber revolver. He was only 21 years old. The police found his rotting corpse 3 days later, along with a stack of 8mm tapes that he had recorded over the last 9 months, showing him constructing the device and ranting to the camera about his life. Thanks to the footage, the police were able to find the bomb before it could ever reach Bjork.

Ricardo's video diary remains significant to this day, in that it is a rare and direct glimpse into the mind of a mentally ill man who lets his obsession get the better of him as he slowly descends further and further into madness. In honor of Ricardo, I say we have a thread dedicated to him and his introverted lifestyle, which I'm sure many of us can relate to.

>Documentary: "The Video Diaries of Ricardo Lopez"
youtube.com/watch?v=oVevxHoEkuU

>News footage of the event (Including a look into his apartment and footage of his brother):
youtube.com/watch?v=fNdd_rlUinY
youtube.com/watch?v=5y_tToSWZsM

>The full 18 hours (Playlist)
youtube.com/watch?list=PLz5lv1FPd9bGPNTGhwXipekl8ePKtrxM-&v=op8LnzxgukI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/75WFTHpOw8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>OOOOOOH IM A LOBSTER

this is not comfy, this is not comfy at all

I watched all these tapes awhile ago. It's scary how normal and like me this guy was. I feel so bad for him.

I wish more people would kill themselves

Did this just get posted on Reddit or something?

Fuckin nu-fags

>OOOOOOHHH!

our guy

Can this be a new meme?

be the change you want in the world

A man's gotta eat

lol if you hover over both images quickly it's like he moves

lmao

>goes insane and kills himself over a literal who singer that's not even hot
lmao, what a fag

>Thanks to the footage, the police were able to find the bomb before it could ever reach Bjork.

lobsterkino confirmed

I lasted all of five minutes.

>not even hot

She's qt af

the fucking sculpture he's making looks pretty decent to be honest witcha

>He would have been 41 now had he lived

Can you imagine being 41 and still obsessed with Bjork?

Ten bucks, or six Dairy Queen coupons

>He was only 21 years old.
Christ. He looks 40.

>20/20 deleted
Is that the one with the suicide?

lmao

>Icelandic singer Bjork's London address

Shame it didn't hit her. Fucking talentless piece of shit "musician".

Was it boiling acid or regular acid?

>21 years old
>"he wrote that he considered himself "a loser who never even learned to drive"

>tfw 24 and don't know how to drive

Is it really that bad or is it mostly an american thing?

regular acid.

He wanted to do it with AIDS blood but couldn't setup a proper delivery system

Mostly an american thing. Even then in most major cities like NY, LA, etc. most people can't/don't drive

youtu.be/75WFTHpOw8Y

Tv kino

It's changed a bit now, but for a long time in America it was considered really important/significant that you learn to drive and get your licence at 16.

Blame 80s movies

I don't think it's a big deal. I know how to drive and I can fix some shit on a car but I never got a license because I get sick when I'm riding in a car

Fucking mongoloid should get her head stomped.

Those last 10 minutes are brutal. Feels lonely man

:3

That's what I thought.
I would like to learn how to drive some time, but right now I have literally no reason to own a car because I live within a 5 minutes bike ride of my work and can take public transport if I want to get somewhere further away, so getting a car just seems like a waste of money at the moment.

shilling for this fat faggot all around here lately

yeah, figured we'd make him some extra spending money

I enjoyed the sound this fat fuck made when he shot himself.

>"A man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure."

Stick to public transport. Cars are nothing but hassle.

>In honor of Ricardo

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. All waifutrash should be nuked from orbit or meet the rope. I nominate myself as hangman.

Having a car or a bike is literally indipendence.
Not even memeing here, but you can actually rely on yourself to go do groceries, fuck a hooker, go to work etc.etc.

>fuck a hooker

Literally the only reason I'm getting my license.

>tfw $30,000 car sitting in the driveway that I don't even drive just because I don't have a piece of paper that says I can even though I know how to drive just fine and am just scared to actually take the test because of anxiety issues

Burgerfat here who has his license but doesn't own a car. I live in a major city and can use public transportation or walk anywhere I need to go.

But if I wanted to get anywhere outside of the city I'd need to either fly or take the highways. To reach a lot of America you need a car. We're a pretty buttfucking big country end to end.

>random eskimo
>cute

no

>Being joined at the hip to car, gas, and insurance companies for life is literally independence.

I CAN TOO DRIVE
then get your license faggot, get off the internet and get it
that hooker ain't going to fuck itself

You sound like my parents. ;_;

If there's a smaller town near you with a DPS office, I'd go there to take the test. They're usually more lenient and the traffic situation (as it relates to anxiety) will be less shitty.
I have a retarded friend who failed his driving test twice trying to do it in the capitol, but did just fine going to a semirural town about fifteen miles away. As far as I can tell, his driving did not improve whatsoever. The point I'm trying to make is that you'll do just fine.

i'm 22 and no licence

i don't even want it

how do people learn how to drive it seems like a fucking nightmare. sure just generally not crashing into others doesn't seem like a big deal, but getting away without a single scratch?

is your anxiety ever going to go away?
presumably not. it'll have to be done at somepoint so pushing it back doesn't help.

She's fucking a nigger, can you believe it?

why would he care? she's an eskimo and he's a latino? i couldn't give two shits if other races are getting blacked

spics hate blacks more than whites, duh

Because he was a dumb fucking waifubeaner.

You know all those shitty threads you see here everyday? That's them too.

Is intercity and interstate rail really that bad in the US?

bada bing we gotta kill bjork

>trying to hurt your waifu
>not shooting the president to impress her

It's like riding a bicycle really.
If you never did it, it's hard to imagine how someone can balance on two wheels, but with practice the brain figures things out and does the balancing for you, the same way you don't need to think about balancing with walking.
With a car, instead of the brain figuring out the balance, it learns how to extend its understanding of where you begin and end, to the entire car. After all, even if you don't see your shoulders, you know instinctively if you can walk through a gap straight, or need to tilt your body.

The brain is a powerful thing.

That being said, unless you either live somewhere with no/shit public transport or have more money than you know what to do with, a car is rather pointless, since you the only place public transport can't get you cheaper (in most places anyway) is out of town, and for the occasional trip a train/bus/plane ticket is still much cheaper than maintaining and fueling a car.

It's one of those weird things of modern culture, like credit cards.
Everyone knows it costs you more to pay with a credit card because you'll have to pay it back with some interest, but you still do it, because everyone does.

>fat
>bitter
>racist
>waifufag
>kills himself

The future of most spergs around here

>being a slave to public transportation schedules.

Better hurry and catch that bus user

Where are you from ? Not necessarily

He was released recently

Wonder what hes been planning all these years

>all these anti bjork posts

she is cute. CUTE.

One final plan to impress his waifu.

Yeah, but he has to live with his mom now. I bet she doesn't even make tendies.

His waifu ended up being a lesbian under the protection of Mel Gibson and Iron Man. No matter what he has planned he's not gonna pull it off.

>not trading your boi pussy for GBP in the pokey

if only he had thought about the appreciation

holy shit this guy was Sup Forums incarnate.

She's not gonna pull him off either.

He's a big guy

You know, if he lost a lot of weight, he could probably pull off a poor mans Mark Walberg.

I think that's why he was mad in the first place.

Depends where you live, your income and lifestyle. Big cities with efficient transportation are less costly than a vehicle with maintenance.

>We always kill the guys that try to help us. Always. And let the little demons run amuck.
>John Lennon—murdered.
>John Kennedy—murdered.
>Martin Luther King—murdered.
>Gandhi—murdered.
>Jesus—murdered.
>Ronald Reagan . . . wounded.

The money saved more than makes up for it.

Who gives a fuck about John Lennon? Like he was going to bring world peace or some shit.

he is a guy whose family comes from a place where the word negro is used as an insult to everyone who isnt white, it doesnt even matter if the person he is insulting looks latino as fuck. So yeah he probably came from a racist family
and the majority of latinos dont actually hate blacks at least not the ones in south america, it must be a US latino thing

Bjork?

>it must be a US latino thing
Specifically, it's a Latinos-trying-to-pass thing.

Yeah you really want that dont you john... Ya fucking white cock sucker

Nah, just means you're a retarded millennial waste of space

EDGY
E
D
G
Y

Way ahead of you

says the millenial

i wish she had done that to tabitha soren

21? Wow. I would expect this to come from a nutter well into his 30's or 40's, but 21? He even LOOKED like some fat 30/40 something burnout with no more life prospects.

>normal and like me

I have some bad news for you, sparky: you're probably not as "normal" as you think you are

How'd they find an actress to do that

That was really uncomfortable and unpleasant to watch. I feel kind of gross now. I feel really sad for the guy, and especially his family. He even tried to get help and it wasn't enough. The last week he was obviously trying to stop himself and avoid doing it and he still did. Even right at the end when he was about to shoot himself it seemed like he really didn't want to but forced himself to do it anyway. Just. Fuck.

post more qt bjork pics

>she's an eskimo
She's from Iceland.

Reagan was a good man.

Has there ever been a movie about a celebirty waifuist/stalker (or husbandoist) besides Misery?

RIP, Ricardo.

I'm thinking about doing it every day, too.

33 and can't drive a car.

That picture is more disturbing than his suicide video for some reason