Ok men, how do you deal with anger/rage in the moment?

ok men, how do you deal with anger/rage in the moment?
I have temper problems and feel like smashing up my house.

cry

meditate and anger goes away instantly.

im a super angry person too.

Once a month I go out to the desert with my guns and a bat
I'll buy some shitty old tv at some yard sale and I'll obliterate the fucking thing out there.
Fuck yoga or meditation, that shit is such a good fucking release.

grow the fuck up and figure out how to express myself in a reasonable manner

what am I supposed to do, excuse myself to another room, sit down, and start meditating?

Lift weights

Hold your breath. You'd be surprised how fast tempers cool when you're more concerned with breathing then being pissed.

no you can meditate at any time. i do it while im driving so I don't get road rage.
it simply means choosing not the pay attention to certain thoughts/emotions.
control your mind, your life will be better for it.

do you think this makes you a calmer person?

Run for president.

won't this increase testosterone levels?

It does
Any pent up anger just gets vented
Gf nagging for a month, kill television
Bossman fucking me on hours, kill television
Bills coming in, kill television
Asshole driving like assholes, kill television

one weird trick... intriguing

In the moment?
Change your breathing to breathe very deep and slow and count to 10.

Once you are calm try meditation and concentrate on controlling your anger.

seems I need to give this meditation a try

vepsanna meditation, look it up. I think sam harris does good job talking about it.

thanks, read a few of his books

I generally smash up something such as a house.

Just stop and think about the ramifications for the actions I'd initially do. Kind of like when I was dealing with a rep in the Financial Aid Office at my uni a couple of months ago, and the bitch acted like she couldn't understand English. BUT, what she was saying sounded like she was telling me I was going to have to drop out, basically mocking me over something I had no control over. I wanted to explode at her, run to my dorm, and jump out the window, killing myself, but, I remained calm and thought it out. After some paperwork and a whole lot of waiting, the problem was resolved and I didn't have to drop out.

It's all about being patient.

I grew up

oh but you shouldn't contain your rage when dealing with patronising bureaucrats. they should just be put down user

got a bit of that rage myself.

holding your breath, deep breathing, counting... it's all about taking a moment to asses and consider what it actually happening.

what does your anger get you?
does it ever solve the problem?
does it make your life better?
does it make those around you glad to be there?

money, traffic, politics, stupidity, unfairness, the things we get angry at are largely out of our control. anger wont change them. work on realizing that. realize that you get nothing from your anger. and then diffuse. there is nothing you can do to fix the situation. so change your response, crack a smile and think about something enjoyably and boom the moment is past, nothing to be angry about.

if you are always angry about a person, get that person out of your life: end the relationship, visit home less, look for a new job (or work on getting them fired).

accept that your commute takes 10 minutes longer than you want it to by leaving 10 minutes earlier and suddenly the delay, isn't.

accept that all Batman movies will suck, and don't go see them. no more disappointment.

accept that motherfuckers don't know how to use turn signals and start leaving an additional 15 feet between you and the car in front of you. now you have time to react calmly and deftly.

and so on.

Putting her down probably wouldn't have been in my best interest. She was a small Filippino woman, and I'm a black guy.

a bureaucrat's a bureaucrat. dont humanise them

This is an easy riddle, when I get mad/b/ro
I post results in a thread