Wtf i hate america now

wtf i hate america now

10 million would have died by invasion

without murrica there wouldnt be any invasion hatevagon continues

I doubt it would have been as high as ten million. But it certainly would have been more than the ~200,000 killed by the two atomic bombs. Plus those weapons were still planned for use, along with chemical weapons.
Operation Downfall would have been one hell of a fight for both sides.

soldiers would have died.. there's no excuse for whiping out a city

Both were military targets. They were important ports. Nagasaki manufactured military equipment and Hiroshima had a military storehouse and base.

Wanna mess with the top dog that didn't want to be a part of your drama then you're going to get rekt and freedom induced

Pretty sure the attack was warned in both places a week prior with small pieces of paper dropped from planes, yet the japenese gov would confiscate them or punish anyone found with them

Welcome to war: where atrocities are committed by all sides because war itself is an atrocity.
While the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were awful (As were the firebombings of other cities) if it crippled Japan's ability/ will to fight, and brought the war to a close, then so be it.

First post nailed it by the millions of lives spared by ending WWII immediately. I believe the actual estimate is 2 million Japanese lives saved, along with at least 1 million Ally lives.

First time I heard this. Looking it up now!

America=New Israel

Leaflets were dropped on a few dozen cities prior to the bombing.

Here's what the LeMay leaflets said:

Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or a friend. In the next few days, four or more of the cities named on the reverse side of this leaflet will be destroyed by American bombs. These cities contain military installations and workshops or factories, which produce military goods. We are determined to destroy all of the tools of the military clique that they are using to prolong this useless war. Unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America’s well-known humanitarian policies, the American Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate the cities named and save your lives.

"America is not fighting the Japanese people but is fighting the military clique, which has enslaved the Japanese people. The peace, which America will bring, will free the people from the oppression of the Japanese military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan."

Lol look what japan has become today

One of the proposed bombing sites was the Emperor's Palace. It was taken off of the target list solely because of its historical/cultural significance.

Not for the atom bombs. Tokyo by that point was more or less destroyed through massed firebombing raids. Although the Imperial Palace was avoided because ultimately, Hirohito was the only one capable of surrendering the nation.
The Japanese also knew this which was why when the Emperor finally decided to surrender, there was an attempted coup and Hirohito was detained to prevent the message of surrender from being delivered/broadcasted.

An invasion would have killed many more, the propaganda from the Japanese war machine would of convinced every citizen to die for their emperor.

Our only regret is that there were only two atomic bombs.
---Signed, every Filipino on the planet

Seriously, fuck the Japs. I get along with every single race on the Pacific rim, but cannot stand to be within arms distance of a filthy nip.

It was this thing called war. That's what happens when you pick a fight with a country you shouldn't have.

maybe they shouldn't have done up pearl harbor and they might not have got the bombs. it's too bad the middle east didn't get the same treatment after 9/11.

Without japan there wouldnt be any invasion you mean

they attacked us first

Yknow, I just watched Grave of the Fireflies and honestly fuck all this shit.

only 150,000? that's not that many

And then start a nuclear war, right you fucking retard.

and if you think the atom bombs were bad...go research what japan did to the chinese during that time.

God damn man, you know you live in a sick time and culture where a statement like "only 150,000? that's not that many" is even a thing, and worse, is true.

if the cavedwellers could have launched they would have. russia was against them at this point in time, which is why we armed them in the first place. no nuclear war would have happened, everyone wanted them gone. it's pussies like you that kept it from happening and now we just send call of duty fags to go die there for no fuckin reason. fuckin retard.

Shillary fag detected.

Not even. Firebombing Tokyo took out magnitudes more people. And both pale in comparison to the unbelievable hell the japs rained down on the chinese

Also because the japs believed they still had a fighting chance up until that point even though they were already losing. If absolute power wasn't demonstrated they would have fought down to every last man woman and child

dropped on japanese people written in engRish

if we would have rolled over they would have killed millions. so in fact it's not that many. to be honest culling the masses is a good thing. look at how sick times are now with food shortages and religious wars...not enough room on this piece of dirt for everyone. someones gotta go sometime. deal with it. we are just bags of meat wrapped around bone anyways.

To be fair this is 70 years ago. Nowadays it takes very few deaths to get people to absolutely lose their shit

Mmm makes me hungry for some steak.

plus they were Japanese, so I don't really give a fuck on that point either

not to mention the millions that died prior to that with the german campaign in russia and the european invasion by germany and the bombings of britain and germany...and the japanese exterminating the chinese...not to mention the germans exterminating the jews and non aryan...and that doesn't even cover the deaths in africa during the german campaign...not to mention the entire pacific rim and up to australia...
150,000 is not a lot of people compared to the millions that died in those instances.

That's because Japanese are not Jewish. They don't exaggerate quite so much.

>"The peace, which America will bring, will free the people from the oppression of the Japanese military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan."

welp. guess nukes are the solution after all

ayyyyyyy lmao

and the japanese have no agenda for world domination buy race destruction

Honestly, after putting it like that, it seems nuclear vaporization is a preferable option to most of those

Also pro tip:

The Japanese were experimenting biological warfare with viruses. They gave (I don't remember the exact amount) thousands to hundreds of thousands of misquitos a virus and the Japs wanted to put them on a submarine/ plane and drop them off in the Americas to kill innocent people.

It was either us or them. I will go find an article about this.

Yup, Japanese Unit 731 experimented with releasing mosquitoes with Malaria. As well as using aircraft to drop canisters full of fleas with Plague.
Perhaps equally disgusting was that the men in that unit were given immunity after the war because the US took their research. While I firmly believe the US was on the as close to a "good" side as you can get in the war, stuff like that is despicable.

fuck you, dirty japs deserved every roentgen they got and then some. fuck those bucktoothed, monkey fucking, paddy dwellers.

After they signed the surrender, we should have shot every one of those waistcoated nips right there on the deck of the Missouri, then fed their carcasses to the nearest kaiju

spoken like a true marine.

Every nation waded neck deep into hell during that time. Still a good thing the americans figured out how to splode an atom before anyone else did. At that time every other major power was either cucked or run by ruthless sociopaths

We did them a favor. Japan was the only nation capable of formulating a response to the Fukashima disaster, and that was because they had training cleaning up Hiroshima and Nagasaki

We didn't start the war. If positions were changed and Japan (or the Nazi's) they were ruthless enough to drop them. So, lesson learned, don't start a war, don't get nuked.

Pic related.

If you are liberal, I'll explain what it means:

If you don't want to get bitten, avoid the things that might kill you.

Yeah the Japanese were innocent.
Go look up the massacre of Nanking, fool.

nah, USMC was too compassionate dealing with those yellow monkeys, using bullets and such. They should have used rusty, dull buck knives to hamstring those back stabbing butterheads and leave them for the Huks and Chinese war widows to do God knows what with their miserable slant eyed little girl's bicycle seat sniffing Nips

OMG when was this? I am not shocked that such a thing could happen with the Obama administration. #Ialreadyforgot