Now, serously, nobody disagrees on Master Of Puppets being the best Metal album of the history,right?

Now, serously, nobody disagrees on Master Of Puppets being the best Metal album of the history,right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JzweSJcHbBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually youre in the significant minority that thinks it's even better than Ride the Lightning

It is.

>of the

brazilian detected. don't even lie, i know brazilians do this all the time when speaking english

Now, serously, nobody disagrees on Ok Computer being the best Rock album of the history,right?

MoP doesn't have a power ballad.

Are you seriously talking shit about fade to black? Are you aware of how insane that is?

If you are talking about Fade To Black,Master has Sanitarium

Oh shit good call

Way too long since I've heard these two

It is the best thrash album, but The Great Southern Trendkill will always be the album I hold to highest regards in the spectrum of metal.

kek. got 'em.
Nah it's obviously a great song I just prefer MoP like OP said, I think it's the best metal album ever made.

Pantera are bro metal trash, and Great Southern Memekill is their shittest album. Including the Glam days. The lyrics are all babbys first introspection and their songwriting dropped off radically.

holy fucking shit
do people really hold such horrendous opinions about music

GOAT

No we don't.

No we of the don't

I prefer megadeth desu.

Mustaine's vocals ruin literally every Megadeth song for me tbqh.

Black Sabbath 1 through 6 are all better

Whatever subgenre this is in, it's not rock and it's not in the top 10 of it. Can - Ege Bamyasi is higher.

Sabbath are pioneers and deserve respect and shit, sure. But as a whole packing they've got nothing on early Metallica.

Metallica's only good album is the Mustaine one, and there's not a single song on it that's as good as the worst early Sabbath song.

Metallica has the sloppiest, least technically proficient drummer in all of metal history, how the fuck are you going to pretend he has shit on the Ward/Butler powerhouse?

for me it's this

Battery alone is better than anything Sabbath released. Technical proficiency isn't everything, plus he's in time and holds the songs down perfectly fine in the studio. Also, RTL and MoP are both significantly better than the Mustaine album. Their songwriting was way better post-Mustaine.
Also, if you're talking about technical proficiency, Hetfield is probably the best rhythm guitarist in metal history, and Kirk shreds circles around Iommi.
Take their influence away as a factor and they're just a slow doomy horror movie band with cringe-tier lyrics.

fuck all you niggers. ...And Justice for all is the greatest Metallica album of all time

That's when they started to go down the black album route though.

They just repeat the same riff over and over in their songs, if it was written properly, the album would be half shorter.
MoP solo is corny as fuck. Their hooks/vocal melodies are painful to hear after a while.
It's far from the best metal record (but nostalgic people would hardly recognize it).

Even in their heydey it took months of editing the mistakes out of Lars and Kirk's playing. They are notoriously sloppy, mediocre musicians who made 0 contribution to metal's vocabulary.

Until today I had no idea there were people ignorant enough to mention Iommi, arguably the greatest riff architect in musical history, in the same breath with Hammett LET ALONE seriously compare them. My soul bleeds a little for you user, I pray someday you find your way.

>They just repeat the same riff over and over in their songs
That's literally incorrect though, every single song on MoP has >2 riffs on it.

If you want to hear one riff per song try Sons of Otis
youtube.com/watch?v=JzweSJcHbBg

mediocre thrash for the neophytes

you mean neophobes?

Tbh the black album was pretty good. it was at the time of Load that their careers started going down the shitter

no, i mean neophytes

I know, I was exaggerating.
I find it really lazy. They just copy-paste their riffs without variations and sometimes it barely fit with the previous section (I'm thinking about the title track).

If you genuinely think Kirk isn't a good guitarist then you're clearly not a guitarist.
But if we're talking riffs, its Hetfield vs Iommi. As I said, Hetfield is in all likelihood the greatest rhythm guitarists in history, plus their songwriting is way better than Sabbaths.
I guess it comes down to subjective taste at the end of the day though. If you like doom metal, Sabbath is better, if you like thrash metal Metallica is better.
Also, if you've ever seen Metallica in concert, you know that their "sloppiness" and lack of ability is greatly over-exaggerated.

I agree, but it's nothing compared to MoP in terms of songwriting, technicality, aggression, guitar work, and a start to finish experience. AJFA/Black Album was when Kirk was in his most wah spamming years.

One could literally be on the black album and not feel out of place with a bit more production value.

Wtf no it's not

Are you literally just making shit up?

About Metallica?

>laughing _whores

see

>If you genuinely think Kirk isn't a good guitarist then you're clearly not a guitarist.
Why would you think he was a good guitarist ?
The most technical thing he can do is poorly using his wah pedal and playing shitty out of tune shred solos.
You can throw a rock in a metal concert pit and hit a better player than him.

I knew I shouldn't have delted for such a stupid typo

An interesting point

MAYBE

Death metal is better than thrash metal.

I dunno what to tell you beyond time-stamping my concert tickets from seeing Metallica touring behind every album from Lightning to Load. If you saw Pantera during the same era (another massively overrated band) there would be no doubt in your mind who actually could play. Metallica have always been sloppy, arrogant cunts who stopped practicing as soon as they got the slightest bit of recognition.

not even the best of 86 scrub

>Metallica have always been sloppy, arrogant cunts who stopped practicing as soon as they got the slightest bit of recognition.
Is it OK to slow down with the practicing once you have good enough skills at your instrument?

this is the true greatest thrash metal of all time

The lead work on RTL and MoP has virtually no wah. And it's not all about how fast you can sweep. His solos and lead work adds to the songs while being consistently interesting.
Faster and more complex =/= better.
I didn't say he's one of the greatest in metal history, but he's inarguably a good guitarist.
Him and Hetfield complement each other really well too.

Yep, not even the best...

Too much time wasted on each individual riff in the album, and being constantly midtempo through most of the record doesn't really help it much as an extreme metal album.

You don't deserve satan trips for that.
Fuck.

It's not an extreme metal album though, it's a heavy album sure, but they weren't trying to be slayer or some shit.

If you don't use it, you lose it.

Seeing Priest, Maiden or Sabbath in the late 90's/early 00's was a treat because those dudes are true music nerds who spend their free time playing their instruments, refining their mastery, etc. The finesse of their playing is truly astounding.

Then you have dudes like RHCP or Metallica who started sucking hard later into their career. RHCP went from being one of the most reliable live bands in the world to a bad joke.

Yeah I would say if you are a fucking musician you need to maintain your musical craft, regardless of level of fame achieved.

It isn't even the best Metallica album.

this is the reason why they are mislabelled as "thrash metal"

>They are notoriously sloppy, mediocre musicians who made 0 contribution to metal's vocabulary.
Literally the stupidest thing I have ever Heard on Sup Forums
Metallica is the biggest band of the history and no one is even close to them

It doesn't even have to be Slayer/Dark Angel fast though. Just like actually using the tempos to their advantage. If they were trying to go for a heavy feel, maybe a slower, groovier Black Sabbath tempo would've helped them out. But as it is, the record's mainly just an inoffensive easy to digest entry level metal record.

Thrash metal is by definition extreme metal dude
Are you really trying to say Metallica isn't thrash?

>000000
Most overrated band of the history, 70% of their songs sound the same

Vocal are very subjective, but I have personally always liked them.

Sweating bullets admittedly required acclimation.

>biggest band of the history
I mean, Backstreet Boys sold more records than Metallica so I guess you must like Backstreet Boys even more?

He's talking about the "made 0 contribution to metal's vocabulary" part
That's inarguably fucking retarded.

Definitely best of Metallica. Not sure about the best of the history..

If you read my comment, I am talking specifically about Kirk Hammett and Lars Ulrich as musicians. What would you say their contribution was? They have nothing approaching a distinct style; the best anybody can say about Lars is that "he sort of keeps tempo".

Compare that to Ward, one of the most distinctive drummers in all of metal. Nobody else sounds like him. You can recognize his or Iommi's style instantly.

Kirk influenced literally thousands of kids to pick up guitars.
But I get it you just gotta keep your metallica hate boner going.

They're in fucking METALLICA. Literally the biggest band in metal history. What fucking more of a impact can someone leave?

The biggest metal themed pop band.

Lars created fucking METALLICA,nobody even knows the names of Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne members.

So just to be clear, your entire argument is "popular == good"?

You don't have ANYTHING to say in defense of the band's lead guitarist in drummer other than "they were also a member of the band"?

You know, I was once a stupid teenager thinking Hammett's solos were impressive and learning the Unforgiven solo and all that shit. The difference is I was genuinely interested in the genre and didn't just stop at the tip of the iceberg. I feel sorry for you morons.

The members of Sabbath are much better known than Metallica, you must be joking

You know he improved that solo on unforgiven, right?

K this is b8. Outside of ozzy that's entirely not true.

You know metal is a vast genre with hundreds of noteworthy releases each year, and you don't know anything about them because you have absolutely 0 interest in music?

And nearly all of them are influenced by Metallica at some point. Saying they've contributed nothing to metal is objectively and certifiably retarded.

The only member of Metallica who is a household name outside of metal fans is Lars, and that's ONLY because he's a notorious asshole who sues his fans.

There's no Lars reality TV show.

We could argue all day about whether Ward/Butler/Iommi are more known than Burton/Hammett/Hetfield/Newsted/Mustaine/whoever is in the band now, do you have any actual evidence?

I'm talking about the "They are notoriously sloppy, mediocre musicians who made 0 contribution to metal's vocabulary." And again Literally the stupidest thing I have ever Heard on Sup Forums
What a Ozzy cocksucker you are

Ozzy is the only one who's known by anyone, and it's only because of his ridiculous antics and people wondering how the fuck he's even alive.

They're influenced by the thrash sound, which Hammett and Ulrich made no contribution to whatsoever.

I'm not arguing about whether Metallica was influential, I'm arguing that half of the band had no part in it.

It's common knowledge among metal fans that this is the case for the two musicians I'm talking about. What a Metallica dickrider you are.

I bet you can't name 10 metal albums that came out this year.

MoP is the worst of Metallica's first 4 albums

Lars literally created the band.
>creating the biggest metal band in history amounts to 0 contributions to metal

You are a fucking idiot men, everybody knows James Hetfield and Kirk (nobody gives a shit about Rob though)Also that reality Ozzy made was the least metal thing and the most gay thing of the history

Kirk was a member of Exodus though

*blocks path*
*guitar plays atonal melody*

we are discussing the BEST metal albums, not the WORST

If you guys had anything to say in defense of Lars and Kirk's musicianship, you would have done so by now.

I rest my case.

if you really hold that opinion you might as well kill yourself

Technical musicianship isn't everything. If it was Sabbath would have been completely forgotten while the world sucks Deep Purples dick

>putting words in my mouth
Hetfield, Burton, Mustaine, and Newsted all were more technically proficient than anybody in Sabbath except perhaps Ward. Nothing to do with my point.

babbys "best thrash album omg!!". Not even best metallica album. All those albums are better:

- Ride the lighting
- Rust in peace,
-Peace sells but who is buying
- Hell Awaits
- South of heaven
- Pleasure to kill
- Coma of souls
- Darkness Descends
- Bonded by blood
- Slaughter in the vatican
- Cowboys from hell

As awesome as they are, early metallica is the perfect thrash for people who arent really into thrash. The same can be said about later metallica, and thats why they are the biggest metal band (because they appeal to non metalheads, there is a big portion of their fanbase who really donĀ“t know much about metal).

>Their songwriting was way better post-Mustaine
are you fucking shitting me? Mustaine is the reason Metallica ever received any attention.
there are interviews with the producers of their demos and debut album, and they said that the compositions that grabbed their attention were the ones written by Mustaine.
Metallica without Mustaine was just NWOBHM worship. Hetfield is nowhere near the songwritter Mustaine is.

>the best Metal album of the history
what did he mean by this?

Yeah that's why Megadeth went on to become the biggest metal band in history hey.
weak b8

forgot to add
- Beneath the Remains

>actually arguing with these dickriders
Just give it up m8

Again with the popularity argument. I guess Miley Cyrus must be way better than Metallica right? Size matters!!!!!!

are you dense? by the time Megadeth was formed the Metallica name was already estabilished.

Metallica got to be the "biggest" cause they figure out how to make it attractive to mainstream fans. I dont ask normies how my prog, drum n bass, grindcore, technical death metal, black metal, shogaze, math rock... etc should be.

Are you stupid

>tfw all of their biggest albums are post-mustlame
Hetfield shits all over him.

>Black Metal
>Math Rock
End your life

It doesn't matter METALLICA IS THE BIGGEST AND BEST BAND EVER!

What could you possibly say that would matter against that FACT?

This

oh wow you really are stupid