The great debate

The great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/1927.shtml
youtu.be/FeG8hqQw1U8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Babe Ruth tried cricket just for a laugh one time

Completely shat on everyone, even that guy on the right said Babe would be GOAT at cricket too

No contest, fuck off

Literally who even is the guy on the left? Ty Cobb?

Ricky ponting

Sports are too different despite the superficial differences.

Bradman was more dominant at cricket than Ruth was at baseball, though.

>his sport has no fanbase

>When he was done, the bat had a broken handle and the reporters noted that he had edged so many balls that the edges had nearly disappeared.

Said no-one ever you aussie retard.

>Bradman was more dominant at cricket than Ruth was at baseball, though.
Mainly cause he dodged the draught while the rest of Australia's best and brightest were stuck battling in trenches on the other side of the world

>Said no-one ever
>>>/facebook/

There was no conscription for WWI

Found the Englishman on holiday.

I dunno if you ignorant fucks are trolling or not.

Bradman played most of his cricket in the 30s. He did join the army for WWII. There was no test cricket during the war years for obvious fucking reasons.

Trench warfare is mainly associated with WWI, which started when Bradman was 6.

>dodged the draught
tbf Charlton Draught is a shit beer.

To respond to OP Bradman is a statistical anomaly and no one is close to matching his career average.

Is that good or bad?

>Trench warfare is mainly associated with WWI
We know that. It's just an expression.

babe ruth basically has mythical status here
ruth by a landslide
the lore of baseball runs too deep

Literally only america likes baseball. You not understanding the other sport doesn't mean your guy was the best.
Bradmans reputation is the same here. He's revered like a god.

>what are Japan and Latin America

M8 baseball is mega popular all over the globe.

I guarantee more Aussies know Babe Ruth than Americans knowing whoever the fuck is the other guy

Bad.

If you edge a lot, you're most likely going to get caught behind by the keeper or the slips.

No doubt he had a great eye and would have been handy, but by the reports, he didn't show much against some pretty average net bowlers.

>Thinking latin america counts as people
k

Just kill yourself

I mean like real mythical status, like fantasy status
There are people who think he had supernatural powers. He's not just X sports guy who was GOAT at his sport, he transcends that

The number is probably like 10x greater for aussies who know babe vs that other guy

Don Bradman is literally the ultimate statistical outlier. He was and is better than anyone historically and currently.
Ruth is a legendary player, even mythical, but Hank Aaron beat Babe Ruth's home run record.
Noone will come close to Bradman's average.

>thinking Indians, Africans, and Australians are people

Lol, okay

Helps when a large number of top athletes are excluded because their skin is too dark though..

>not posting the chart

Bradman is statistically the most dominant athlete of all time.

And most Cubans are excluded from MLB today for political reason even though they are arguably the second best talent pool
No one cares about that and it doesn't even factor in to what he represents and how he dominated

Babe Ruth's record has been beaten.
No one has come anywhere close to Bradmans.

Which one seems mythical now?

Bradman based on statistics.

Ruth based on MUH FEELS.

seasonal records are more pure than career records that you can just compile in, and babe ruth's single season home run record has only been surpassed by known steroid babbies

Beaten simply due to longevity and a steroided freak

>Somehow playing against blacks means he wouldn't get 714 home runs

That's probably true, but only because americans are totally ignorant of everything outside of their country.

I thought it was Gretsky and Bradman who were the statistically greatest players ever?

To people comparing statistics of a Dead Ball-era player to the players of the past twenty years, consider this:

>baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/1927.shtml

Babe Ruth hit more home runs than every other team in the American League BY HIMSELF, and the only reason the Giants, Cardinals, and Cubs had more home runs than him was because of the Polo Grounds.

As for the topic at hand, I can't really comment on it because I don't feel like doing the research on it, but just know that no man has dominated baseball like Babe Ruth, and it isn't even close.

P.S. - He also would have been a 300-game winner if he'd kept pitching.

It's true because America exports its "culture" and has 10x more people than Australia and is 1000x more relevant than Australia on the world stage

babe vs cc sabs. id take sabs

Jordan

Why are non-Americans even allowed to post on Sup Forums?

That's because you're fucking stupid

>Who is Roger Maris

I'm not bothered by it but he did get an extra nine games in comparison.

He didn't even score a century the last time he played

this motherfucker talking about cricket?

Bradwoman was ok but he's no Kane Williamson

Don bradmans batting average was over 99, the closest anyone has ever got to that is about 60. No one has ever dominated any sport on earth like Bradman dominated Cricket.

there are more cricket fans than baseball fans worldwide by several multiples

Bradman obviously

His record compared to every other cricketer in history, including the modern day, is if like Babe Ruth hit a home run every third hit or something. No batsman will ever retire with a greater average.

ahem

>bradman
literally a poor man's viv richards

back to your containment thread, crickshits

He isn't retired, and his average is currently about 80 something.

Baseball is pretty popular in Japan and some North American/Latin American countries, also is gaining a following in Australia and parts of Asia.

Babe Ruth, easily.

Don Bradman was a war dodger who statpadded after all the good players died in the war and he was the only one who took the game seriously.

He also couldn't play the short ball.

Nice shitpost

This

I know what I'm talking about completely

But seriously, look up the term "dead ball era". Babe Ruth literally transformed the game of baseball because he was so GOAT

Sir Richard Hadlee > Done Badman

Bradman literally forced the England team to come up with a legally/morally questionable form of bowling just to stop him

barry bonds

>counting poo in loos as people
nice 1

Did Gaybe Pooth have a legendary song written about him by one of his country's most iconic musicians?

youtu.be/FeG8hqQw1U8

come on now, with him being nearly twice as much as anyone else, clearly the competition isnt fair to compare him to other great athletes. you cant say his stats would ever remotely translate to todays game

Same could be said about Babe Ruth. No slave-bred nigs to strike him out.

But coriander son is better than both tbqhwyf

yeah, thats why i said barry bonds is the best

>sport dominated by a manlet

I think we can tell which sport is better

>niggers pitching
all they do is hit dingers and/or steal bases, the latter comes naturally, the former comes intravenously

Bradman played in an era of utter amateurs when everyone was an overweight doctor with a day job.

I challenge you to watch any pre-1950s game of cricket and seriously try to argue that any of them would make a modern county side.

Bradman would have averaged about 37 in the modern era.

>who is Bob Gibson
>who are half of today's ""Hispanic"" pitchers

A less impressive troll user, especially when the amateur era had ended decades before Bradman's debut.

Ruth's record has not been broken by someone who didn't use steroids
Hank and Barry both were roid rage freaks

Bradman.

It's not even close.

Bradman by far, he makes Babe Ruth look like a chump.
>that video of Bradman keeping up a ball with a wicket on the side of a water reservoir

Barry Bonds took a mountain of steroids to reach that record. It arguably should not even count.

gee let me look at the top 30 pitchers in the majors right now

>25 white
>2 yellow
>1 brown
>1 light black
>1 black

three guys I guess who wouldn't have been able to play, maybe two

there were a few good ones back then but pitching has always been dominated by whites. Bob Gibson and Pedro are the two real exceptions. Marichal, Tiant, Jenkins were pretty good too.

also
>Kershaw still the best pitcher and he hasn't pitched in months

>unironically bragging about 3rd world brown people supporting cricket

lol

what the fuck is this table sorted by?

>that flag
Unknown? What the fuck is this? Andorra?

value

Its sorted by WAR what other state would it be sorted by to determine the quality of a pitcher.

Crazy how there's more than 25 pitchers in baseball and how Latin American and black players squeeze out slightly less talented white players who would take their place huh? Also who know what black hitters could have done in the 30 years from Ruth to Jackie Robinson in that time

>inb4 nigger lover or some other Sup Forums shit

You have to admit it is a significant factor that he played in a smaller talent pool. It doesn't negate how great he was, it's just something to think about

many of the best relievers are black though, and that's one of the biggest differences between today's game and in the past

I barely watch baseball and I'm pretty drunk my bad I guess, ERA is the only statistic that makes sense to me

I am pretty casual too but WAR is just easy to understand if you think of it as just how many wins the player contributes to the team above average. You are only autistic if you know how to calculate it

Just looked up WAR, lmao at that shit. it's factoring in salary you mongoloids, if you had a shit pitcher making 40 grand a year with a 20 ERA he'd be top of that table. fucking baseball autism.

it doesn't and you're retarded

Will anybody be able to approach Babe's slugging percentage?

>WAR has nothing to do with salary

lol

It was an even playing field m8.

>GOAT batter
>god tier pitching stats

How can the Bambino NOT be the best ever

David Boon

An American hero vs an Australian literally who.

Who gives a fuck

Only Pakipaddle fans could say that Bradman was greater.

He was the GOAT drinker

Average is 72 lad.

Yeah... Don't come back here aye. Stay in Cuckland.