Occasional Liverpool Thread: Unironically 'are year edition

Thoughts on the match:

1) Splendid attacking performance, best I've seen since Luis was on the team. Especially impressive given Ings, Sturridge, and Origi were all out or limited and the team really only hit top gear in the 2nd half.

2) Coutinho is ridiculously clutch. He seems to always come through in the most magical way at the most needed times. Mane will also be a revelation, and he will only be better when everybody comes back.

3) In many ways, a 4-3 win is better in the long run than a 4-1 win.

- It sends the team a good message that close, hard-fought games can end in victory, and not draws/defeats like they too often have in the past. Soccer is a passionate, emotional/intangibles game and Liverpool might be the most passionate club there is in the PL.

- It also helps a lot to come out on top in a narrow, closely-contested game to build fortitude for the season ahead. A 4-1 win might have sent the message that: "Yeah, it's what was supposed to happen."

- A win is still a win and three points are still three points.

The last time Migs saved a penalty on opening day in a close opening day win, it led to an unexpected title challenge. This season could be a pleasant surprise. It helps a lot to have no midweek games and the deepest squad in at least 15 years.

It would be nice if Milner came back along with another CB too before the window ends. In any case, even in 5-4 shootout types of games, I know this team shoots best. But it'd be nice just for insurance.

Good win, but that Arsenal team was shit. Conceding four goals at home is just unacceptable

Liverpool will surely be up there this year, but it's tough to give any predictions yet.

>Yerneited
>Chelski
>Shitty
>Poo
>Spuds
>Arse

The way i see it, it's a complete toss up between these six. Anything can happen.

All i know is that this season has an immense meme potential

>4-3 win is better than a 4-1 win

>tf
>tt

What the fuck am I reading

Man Utd: 13 BPL titles, 2 Champions League

Liverpool: 0 BPL titles, 1 Champions League

Hopefully it is their year and they can start catching up with teams like Blackburn and Man City.

>that reasoning for "4-3 is better than 4-1"
Fucking idiot.

I think with with Matip and Sakho back and competing with Lovren (or even Klavan, looked fairly solid I thought) for the 2 CB spots, we'll be alright. Clyne wasn't as consistent today as he was all last season, but we know how good he is so I'm not worried. Moreno is a complete fucking liability though, if Klopp plans to play him in 30+ league games this season we're fucked, dunno if Milner will do a better job there

this Liverpool side has the most explosive pace and creativity going forward in the league, so I'm not worried about that. And with the depth we have now, even a couple injuries to a couple key attacking players is not a crisis

it's our year la, gonna be an exciting season with lots of goals both ways, unironically entertaining to watch

>Wonder what the fuck this shit is a Liverpool fan boasting about trophies
>see flag
ah.

Arsenal were in utter shambles defensively without a single proper CB while missing Özil and Giroud. The win is decent but conceding 3 goals to that Arsenal side is really bad. Gonna be a long and shitty seasons for both clubs.

no idea why liverpool sold/loaned brad smith and flanagan? neither are superstars but they're both more solid defensively than fucking moreno

not OP, but pretty sure Boston owns Liverpool so I get to talk shit

FUCK YOU CUNTS ARSENAL WAS 2ND LAST YEAR AND WE PUT 4 PAST THEM ON THE OPENER AWAY

GET FUCKED IT'S OUR YEAR LA

amidoinirite?

Watch as Liverpool crash and burn against burnley

delete this thread now

Even playing Can out of postition at LB is a dafer option than fucking Moreno

>4-3 better than a 4-1 win
This why you never get a thread

Is Coutinho injured? He is the only quality player in the squad

just a cramp I think

SIGN A FUCKING LEFT BACK FOR CHRIST SAKE. It's so obvious that that's our weakest position, and only Klopp can't see it.

All that 4-3 win tells us is that >our defence is very suspect, especially in the second half, which has been the case for quite a few years already.

Unlike the last 3 managers who have all been duds, Klopp has given me some hope that >we'll go far. He might even be able to bring the best out of Balotelli. Who knows.

What is more concerning is the fact that Chelsea and the Manchester teams won't make this an easy one. Still, top 4 is well within reach.

i mean i doubt that is our real defence desu

i would expect something like karius, sakho, matip, clyne and a new left back by the end of the month

fucking hell how did we win the midfield battle with wijnaldum and lallana in there? miracle

yes desu

I'm not convinced until >we can string together a bunch of clean sheets and not constantly leak in goals in the second half. >We lost a good number of points last season because of this.

This is why no one takes Spanish posters seriously

I've already said it multiple times and i'm gonna say it again: Klopp is nothing but a big game babby.

You guys won't even make top 4. Maybe win the milk cup or something, but that's the absolute best you can hope for.

>Liverpool is still paying Balotelli and Bentekek
>doesn't buy a LB

enjoy 6th

>Liverpool's players are tecnically gifted

KLAVANKLAVANKLAVAN

Hey estoniabro, do kaksteist kuud?

It's called learning lessons the hard way, lads

Didn't say that.

You said he was the only 'quality' player in the squad.

But I do realise that you probably find it difficult to understand. You all basically rate players on how 'technically gifted' they are.

Shows how much you know seeing as he isn't even the most technically gifted player that they have

I heard from Soton supporters, that Mané does a disappearing act midseason. Didn't really watch Southampton much, so I can't say, however, if Klopp can keep him motivated throughout the season, he's going to be a beast.

Southampton do a disappearing act mid season, it's not just Mané.

>BPL

Underage b& gtfo.

Based, was convinced we were gonna bottle it when it went 4-2 right away

Gonna be a fun season, pity no europe

Benteke and Balotelli weren't even in the squad, you sure they haven't just started broadcasting 2014/2015 in your jungle?

>no europe
All the better. Liverpool is still brittle in the defense and can't afford getting smashed in by tight schedule atm. Hope Klopp will fix that next season