HOW

Every fucking olympics, every fucking olympics those fucking americans, i don't get this shit if it were Korea, China o Japan i would get it because they are fucking robots with their intense training and super concentration but fucking americans man, i get why they are so good in economics and warfare but in sports? HOW, H O W

Strict egomaniacism.

Kek. Almost to 30gold.

It's because we believe in ourselves.

They have world class stealth-doping techniques. Also they're one trick ponies in that they can only win swimming events. If swimming had the same restriction as most other sports at the Olympics and was only allowed 10 events, Americans would struggle to make the top 3.

>if you took away the events they won then they would have less medals
This is your argument.

>sore losing this bad

swimming babbies

IOC needs to crack down on it like they did cycling

This. No country has more heart than America

see

I like how you say korea in brasileño, sounds like an exotic drink

because america has no one race. ANYONE can be american! Britian has started doing the same by importing somalians.

swimming has the most events, meanwhile our best events (cycling) has events removed from 2008

usa invests everything into abusing swimming and wins so no suprirse

>per capitaaaaa
Careful lad, you might turn Australian

>usa medal total
nice

Do you mean Brazilian Portuguese

let me piggy back on this

>our countries are too stupid/weak/ineffectual to compete in the category which holds the most medals

>foreigners literally begging for USA to stop swimming so they can get some charity medals

It's just the olympics anyways, they aren't real sports. Stop getting so mad at athletic achievement

But le Americans are fat and obese lazy people xD

Biggest number of middle class population with adequate access to sport facilities

Best pharma industry, tons of money pumped in R&D for (((performance enhancing nutrients)))

Redundant meme swim medals while pressure to reduce medals in other national sports

It's simple. We know how to recognize talent and have specific pathways to making sure their talent and potential are realized to their fullest and we believe in extreme competition. Along with the belief that you can be anything as long as you work hard enough, most people excel in their given fields, along with the vast rivalries therein. We've a highly competitive culture driven my monetary rewards.

It always creates much butthurt amongst Americans, but it is absolutely true that there are about twice as many swimming events as there should be. Swimming has 34, as compared to 18 in cycling or gymnastics, for example. Other nations need to git gud, but if the number of events weren't padded out, the US would only have about 8 golds from it (still a dominant world-beating haul) rather than 16.

As an aside, because the Olympics works on a kind of one-in one-out system, where an event can only be included if another is removed, the excessive number of swimming medals keeps other sports out of the olympics.

t. Assblasted Ahmed

>excuses

>excuses

>excuses

what events would you remove? would you also remove """"redundant"""" events from track & field? why even bother for something that happens once every 4 years? it isn't too big a deal who leads the medal table, why do you let it bother you?

>the excessive number of swimming medals keeps other sports out of the olympics.
is this real or are you really reaching at nothingness here?

meme swimming style is no different to sprinting with 1 leg, but somehow it doesn't have its own medal

This actually a quite good answer

America is rich and filled with sociopaths.

our women have nothing else to do I guess

>excuses

did you even look at the pic? not per capita, removing every countries best event and we're on top

>if dinosaurs had survived we'd probably have won the 100m
What you sound like right now.

Because no one but the Britbongs and the Dutch cares about roidcycle.

The swim program had only 3 new events in the last 30 years (and 5 in the last 48 considering they kept taking in and out the 200m individual medley and the men's 4x100 relay). And two newest ones, which is 10km open water are events that Americans had sucked in outside of one silver medal from last Olympics.

tl;dr: git gud.

China's middle class will most likely surpass the US's in size in the next 10-20 years or so. That'll be interesting.

>Because no one but the Britbongs and the Dutch cares about roidcycle.

stopped right there you know nothing lel

>o shit i thought he was talking about per capita and was wrong better reply with some random shit h-haha

Quit sooking and git gud at swimming then you bunch of fags. What do you even have to complain about? You're currently sitting second on the medal table above the world's second largest economy with the largest population. Do you really expect to ever beat the US?

>invents hypotheticals
>gets called on it
>doesn't understand
Jesus fuck.

>combat sports have 60 events
>running has 30
>boating has 40
>gymnastics can't have different distances so it has less naturally
>cycling kek who cares, certainly not the majority of the world with no access to olympic style cycling

I actually liked americans before I came to this board.
Christ, Sup Forums burgers are retarded.

>not making a connection between economics and sports

>I actually liked Americans before I came...

Let me stop you right there.

>the IOC has decided to put a limit on the number of sports, as well as events and athletes, in the Summer Olympics in order not to increase them from the 28 sports, 300 events, and 10,000 athletes of the 2000 Summer Olympics

Apparently they're shaking it up now though and removing the 28 sport cap from 2020, while keeping those on events and athletes. This means that there probably will be fewer swimming events in future, as those are the sports with the largest numbers.

Our nigs have better access to nutrition and training facilities than nigs in the third world

Take away the swimeme medals and the USA wouldn't have much apart from gymnastics

>and we'll still win
Screencap this

They are not touching swimming, athletics or gymnastics, breh. You are mad and delusional as fuck if you think so.

You probably will, but just not by as much.

If it was so popular they wouldn't cut any events. Think for once, Britbong.

other than swimming, athletics, gymnastics, and a couple of the team sports the development system in the US is absolute crap. there's no government funding so if a sport isn't popular you're basically on your fucking own. We have enough people that we will have some people competitive in pretty much anything, but we can't dominate any of the meme sports like cycling or any of the boating shit without a dedicated system. We can't totally dominate athletics anymore because it's the one sport that pretty much the entire world also takes seriously. So take away swimming and we're kind of fucked.

Even a very small country can be very competitive or even dominant in any sport if they have a dedicated development system in place for it.

Because they have the best athletes and facilities for niche sports in a population of over 300 million.

The Olympics are made up of niche sports, most of which can't sustain themselves at a grassroots level without some kind of funding beyond just participation fees. Wealthy countries can afford to sponsor these, and I believe the USA combines this also with their exceptional collegiate athletics programs (slightly jelly tbqh).

However, it is a fair criticism that the IOC has non-deliberately tailored the games to the USA's greatest strength, swimming. Public pools cost a tonne to maintain, most third worlders will never know the pleasure.

I'm not bitter about it, you compete within your means and hope to overachieve. Or you pick your sports you want to dominate in (by choice, culture etc.) and rack up medals that way.

Britain actually has been incredibly sharp in realising this and look at us now. Thank you based Major.

there are way too many swimming events, I agree

felphs and ledicky are phenomenal athletes but they have benefited from an Olympic schedule that makes it very easy to stack medals in one sport

They'll probably cut track cycling.
It's a pretty meme sport for building an entire building for.

kids do sports at school everyday and some are very good, in a sport they most likely would have never competed in by themselves

also large talent pool

Comparable Events:
100m = 50m free
200m = 100m free
400m = 200m free
110m hurdles = 100m fly
400m hurdles = 200m fly
4x100m = 4x100m free
4x400m = 4x200m free
1600m = 800m(w)/1500m(m)
Marathon = 10k open water

Events that don't compare:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Swimming (7):
100m
200m backstroke
100m backstroke
200m breaststroke
200m breaststroke
400m IM
4x100m medley relay

Track (6):
800m
5000m
10000m
3000m steeplechase
20km walk
50km walk

Conclusion: Swimming doesn't have a huge number of "extra" events, they're actually quite comparable. Biggest difference is that on the incomparable events, swimming tends to change the type of stroke while track tends to add length.

What are you talking about?

Their genetics will still be fucking shit though.

that's wrong, we suck at niche sports, see the post above you.

and public pools cost a shit ton less to have than a velodrome, or than buying an RS:X laser radial 49er nacra skiff 470 multihull heavyweight finn two man dinghy

anyway, third worlders can't really be good at any olympic sport , except distance it seems

>if you removed every country's best event, we'd be numba one...
That's a hypothetical, you dip.
>if the dinosaurs didn't die out, we'd be numba one...
Also a hypothetical, you dip.

>yfw you realise that Australia has at most half the population of any other country on that list

How do we do it lads?

Excessive choking.

>anyway, third worlders can't really be good at any olympic sport , except distance it seems
And weightlifting, boxing and judo as of late too.

Swimming, gymnastics and athletics ARE niche sports, especially compared to Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.

Continued maintenance of swimming pools is far more costly than velodromes. Most of our 'velodromes' are literally just outdoor bowls with tarmac laid over them also.

American exceptionalism

We usually clock in around 4th place, so we have some catching up to do тbh

Gymnastics, probably not (hard to see much to trim other than rhythmic), but swimming and track are vulnerable. The US isn't as influential in the IOC as they were, they have fewer members than the UK these days, and it's not the cold war any more. The number of TV viewers in the US is falling too (the IOC cares a lot about popularity).

Exactly. Phelps has achieved something pretty spectacular, but in any other sport he'd be looking at an maximum of a dozen golds over his career, probably far fewer.

Kek, knowing our luck.

And that the program has been pretty much unchanged in the last 12 or so Olympics.

But it's a problem now because the US has a golden generation now.

>felphs and ledicky are phenomenal athletes but they have benefited from an Olympic schedule that makes it very easy to stack medals in one sport

It's not like they can schedule it any other way since they have to use the same pool. What Ledecky and especially Phelps is rare and it a sign of their talent more than anything. Not any swimmer can do what Phelps did in Beijing for example and he was a guy in his prime.

Number of USA golds with swimming completely removed:

2004: 25
2008: 24
2012: 30

Number of GB golds total (including swimming):
2004: 9
2008: 19
2012 (hosts): 29

It looks even worse for GB if you go further back. Come on now, let's not pretend like we wouldn't still be dominating without swimming when all is said and done. Of course we have a lot of swimming medals new because the olympics is frontloaded with swimming events, but we always pick up track and field medals towards the end.

also take away our women and we have nothing now that phelps is retired

we'd have like 5 golds

our women literally carry us, it's embarrassing. I wonder why though. Do our guys actually just suck or is it something else.
there's more other sports men can play instead here I guess, women don't have baseball or football after all, they can make much less money even in soccer or basketball, so might as well go for olympic glory instead.
Seems reasonable. Less competition around the world probably also. The best male athletes in many countries will play soccer or some meme olympic shit, but maybe not the women. I don't know

no one's going to build a velodrome in some third world shithole though. but at least they can jump in a lake and learn to swim. they won't be olympic level either way but it's a more accesible sport and thus more more the olympic spirit

those are mostly 2nd world desu

>Gymnastics, probably not (hard to see much to trim other than rhythmic), but swimming and track are vulnerable. The US isn't as influential in the IOC as they were, they have fewer members than the UK these days, and it's not the cold war any more. The number of TV viewers in the US is falling too (the IOC cares a lot about popularity).

It's not over swimming though. TV viewings are down because NBC is a massive fuckup as usual. 2012 did net them a large audience but a lot of it was an understanding that it would be hard to show everything live because of time zones but there was a lot of resentment still.

When they announced that they were going to tape delay the Opening Ceremony of Rio to ""'""prepare us for the experience"""""", it pissed off a LOT of people especially Rio is only 1 hour ahead.

So, ratings doesn't tell the whole story. People still watched swimming. They just didn't turn to anything else.

The IOC adding rhythmic and trampoline to the Gymnastics program is just fat that needs trimming. No one gets into those sports without failing at artistic.

because we got trump!!

If you are going to exclude swimming for us, exclude cycling for them as well.

It's not unusual for a country to dominate a sport (see China and table tennis/badminton).

And we dominate track usually. The Jamaicans having a golden generation in track will probably be an aberration.

>They just didn't turn to anything else
because everything else was either on properties that a lot of people don't get like NBCSN or not shown at all.

Title IX

We would probably do worse if trump got elected desu. Diversity is our strength when it comes to the olympics. We can have mexican manlet boxers, black track dudes and white swimmers.

Large population and they put more money into achieving olympic (or more generally athletic) success than anyone else by a mile.

>those are mostly 2nd world desu
You know 2nd World countries are Communist countries, right?

lads how did we climb to 2nd lol

last time I checked we were 11th

some of the less niche sports in the olympics though.

Unexepcted golds in gymnastics men's floor, men's golf, and men's tennis. As well as continued dominance in velodrome and rowing.

I am trying to remember if there was a paywall in 2012. Lol, I basically watched London 2012 through streaming sites.

NBC had great coverage in Beijing 2008 and they got greedy for ad revenue and fucked everything over since.

Boats and bicycles.

> literally live on an island
>get btfo by staters from land locked states
> cry about swimming and push fagwheel
Embarrassing

it's only behind a paywall if you watch a sport that's being covered on one of their cable channels.

Huge population while being first world enough to provide proper training from an early age.

There was. They made it much easier to see what you wanted to see if you were also a cable subscriber though. This year even the streams were delayed though. Not my much, just about a minute, but enough to make it annoying as hell if you were watching with other people on different streams.

2012 had really easily accessible coverage on CBC and BBC though. I think NBC made them crack down because of how many Americans were watching their streams instead.

>our women literally carry us, it's embarrassing. I wonder why though. Do our guys actually just suck or is it something else.

Title IX, and no one cares about Women's sports as much as North America. Therefore less competition for the American women, while the men have much stiffer competition.

>judo winners
japan, france, russia, italy, usa, brazil, slovenia, argentina, czechs, kosovo
not third world

>weightlifting
China, Thailand, Iran, best korea, kazakhstan, chinese taipei, colombia
some third world, dominated by china though

>boxing 2012
britain, ukraine, cuba, russia, kazakhstan, ireland, china, japan, usa
not third world

Literally diversity. We used to be the only country that was multicultural enough to dominate track, swimming and gymnastics. Britain is starting to catch on by having people like Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis-Hill.

If we had more chinks we would do better in table tennis, diving and weightlifting.

This. It's part of our fucking DNA.

>Per capita

Just when I thought it was impossible to provide worse coverage than Channel 7, NBC steps up to the plate. Bravo.

it's funny because this is how I make fun of Americans

"DOOOD just BELEEV in yourself"

>If we had more chinks we would do better in table tennis, diving and weightlifting.
Nah, we need good coaches more than anything. Americans used to dominate then we lacked off long enough for China to take over.

Remember that female gymnastics in America risen to prestige due to the Karolyi couple coming here, before that the men's were the better team.

Is there some genetic reason chinks are so good at weightlifting?

You need to believe harder, Achmed. If you wish hard enough, you can have Sharia Law in Britain! You've already made such progress, it won't be long now!

>PER CAPITAAAAAA

our olympic program isn't federally funded. But I guess most of our sports go through universities.

well hopefully when we get 2024 or 2028 we'll pick up the slack, especially once we flop hard in tokyo

We'll be decent so long as our colleges continue to pump out great athletes. I'd be nice to have more top-down organization though, so we could get people better training sooner.

What would you consider a "flop" in Tokyo?

>due to the Karolyi couple coming here
>Marta is retiring
>based Bela got run out of the program because he was "too tough" on the special snowflakes and individual coaches got so fucking assblasted that he was superseding them with their own gymnasts that they formed a cabal to oust him

it's all downhill from here boys. some new age pussy is going to take over and ruin it all because it would be mean to push these girls.